Updated: September 29, 2016
Flights from Crete to Santorini
I do not know the flight schedule for 2017 yet. The schedule below is for 2015. There were no direct flights in 2016. That may change for 2017 – or it may not.
The only direct flight from Crete to Santorini for the summer of 2015 was on Minoan Air. They had 7 flights a week from Santorini to Crete and 7 flights a week from Crete to Santorini. All flights were to and from Heraklion in Crete and used the prop plane Fokker50. Ticket fares between Crete and Santorini cost from 52,00€ up to 62,00€ (20kg baggage & 4kg carry on is included). Flights between Crete and Santorini ran from June 10 to September 21, 2015.
Flight times from Crete to Santorini
Monday 9:00 & 16:10
Friday 9:00 & 16:10
Flight times from Santorini to Crete
Monday 10:00 & 20:00
Friday 10:00 & 20:00
Ferry Schedule: Crete to Santorini for Summer 2016
Note: All ferry schedules can change with little notice so be sure to double check all routes and times with gtp.gr (the most reliable site for Greek ferry schedules).
- Hellenic Seaways Highspeed 6 or 7 – Departs Heraklion at 9:00 and arrives in Santorini at 10:45. Economy class costs €56. This route runs from April 8 to October 17, 2016. (Before June 10 it’s the Highspeed 6. After June 10 it’s the Highspeed 7.) These Highspeed ferries are the most stable highspeed ferry that runs from Crete to Santorini and the best choice for those prone to seasickness. From Santorini to Crete it the Highspeed 5 leaves Santorini at 17:30 and arrives in Heraklion at 19:15.
- July 22 to September 4, 2016 the Tera Jet (run by the SeaJets company) departs Heraklion at 8:45 and arrives in Santorini at 10:45. It costs €59.70. This is the largest of the SeaJet ferries and the best choice during rough seas. It does the return from Santorini to Crete at 17:20 and gets to Heraklion at 18:55.
From April 15 to July 21 and September 5 to October 23, 2016 the Champion Jet does the same route at similar times.
- As of January 18th, 2016 there are no ferries scheduled between Rethymno and Santorini for the summer of 2016. There were ferries last year so this could change.
- There are no ferries from Chania or Agios Nikolaos to Santorini. If you’re traveling from these cities you’ll need to take the bus to Rethymnon or Heraklion which are 1 to 2 hours away.
Where To Pickup Ferry Tickets in Crete and Santorini
If you book tickets in advance online you’ll need to pick them up at one of the agents below:
- Hellenic Seaways and SeaJets Tickets in Heraklion
Paleologos Shipping & Travel Enterprises.
Address: 5, 25th August Street. Alternative ticket collection at the port on the day of your departure (see below).
Tel: (+30) 2810 346185
Fax: (+30) 2810 346208
- SeaJets Tickets in Rethymno
Address: El. Venizelou 90
Tel: (+30) 28310-57666
Fax: (+30) 28310-58020
email: [email protected]
- Hellenic Seaways Tickets in Santorini
Address: Central Square of Fira & Port of Athinios
Telephone Number: (+30) 2286022220
Fax: (+30) 2286022570
- SeaJets Tickets in Santorini
Address: Opposite Post Office in Fira & Port of Athinios
Tel: (+30) 22860-22660 /23660
Fax: (+30) 22860-23666