Q. What are the best family hotels on Santorini?
On Santorini – for a family – a large hotel room probably means something around $150 to $250 (and up). Hotel rooms along the caldera (which means the towns of Fira, Imerovigli, Oia, and Firostefani) are priced at a premium. Families needing larger rooms or a bigger pool are better off at the beach resorts on the opposite side of the island. It’s about 20 minutes by bus from Kamari to Fira and 30 or 40 from Perissa to Fira.
Large family rooms are rare and fill quickly. Book early!
- Villa Agnadi • near Oia – Great pool, free breakfast, large suites, and directly across from the bus stop (buses go in both directions, Fira and Oia). This is not in Oia but an easy 5 minute walk gets you to the Oia pathway (where there are many hotels but few restaurants) and then another 15 minutes to central Oia. If you’re fine with the location the hotel is one of the best deals in Santorini. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071647) • Reviews
- Aria Suites • Fira – Great location a short walk from central Fira but down a quiet lane away from the crowds. Nice pool. Views of the caldera but just back from the cliff so it’s one of the few luxury hotels that allows kids. Large 2-bedroom suites.
(Hotel phone: +30 22860 28650) • Reviews
- Astra Suites • Imerovigli – incredible 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with full kitchenette and private balcony with caldera and sunset views. Note: The Family Suite is the only one that allows children. The other suites are adult only. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 024763) • Reviews
- Caldera Butterfly Villas • near Fira – Great pool with caldera views, large family suites have kitchenettes. Not located in Fira so you’ll likely need a rental car if you stay here. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 24856) • Reviews
- Pension George • Karterados – Large rooms and a nice pool, 15 minute walk to Fira. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 022351) • Reviews
- Smaragdi Hotel • Perivolos – Great pool near Perissa beach. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 082701) • Reviews
- Aegean Plaza Hotel • Kamari – Friendly staff, nice pool, minutes from the beach. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 028740) • Reviews
- Vallas Apartments • Firostefani – For the location and amenities these are good value. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 022050) • Reviews