Home > Adarsh Hamilton Hotel Review
Updated: October 9, 2019
Adarsh Hamilton – Convenient location, contemporary design, great value, and a quiet setting.
This compact and colorful hotel has better personality and charm than most rivals in the area. The layout is classy, and the rooms are more spacious and modern than expected. Reflecting the mostly business clientele, there is no pool or spa, but the rates are considerably lower than rivals. It is set away from the main road, distant from the traffic noise and fumes, and within a short stroll to Richmond Circle, a major junction with express buses to the airport. The Adarsh Hamilton is also a quick ride by auto-rickshaw from the classy bars, bistros, and boutiques along St. Mark’s Road and at the world-class UB City mall.
Adarsh Hamilton – The Location
- Address: 2/4 Langford Garden Road in Richmond Town. Just off Richmond (General KS Thimayya) Road and about 200m from Richmond Circle, a major junction.
- Area: Busy inner-city location. About 100m down a quiet lane from the main road which has a few facilities. The turn-off for the lane (Langford Garden Road) to the hotel is at the western end of a flyover, a useful landmark.
- How to Get There: From the airport (37km, 1-hour drive), take a metered taxi; arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below); or best, take the comfortable (blue) express bus number 7, which operates 24 hours. These buses stop at Richmond Circle, only 200m from the hotel (3-minute walk). About 4km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station (20-minute drive).
Adarsh Hamilton – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly business people during the week and Indian tourists on weekends, but foreigners are very welcome, of course.
- Views: Rooms to the front and back offer some decent street views, but those to the side face other buildings, though nothing too intrusive.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at an inner-city business hotel like this.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to the rooms.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 4359 5700
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: adarshhamilton.com
Adarsh Hamilton – Amenities
- Pool: Not really expected (or provided).
- Spa: A little surprisingly, there isn’t one, but then again, this is a business-oriented hotel.
- Fitness Center: Sizable and well-equipped for a smallish hotel.
- Other Facilities: Travel bookings. Money-changing. Laundry.
Adarsh Hamilton – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Season restaurant on the ground floor serves buffets for breakfast and lunch, and a la carte meals all day. Service is particularly attentive. The attached bar sells imported beers and spirits and offers an extensive wine list.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates, and impressive.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 9.30 pm.
Adarsh Hamilton – Rooms
- Room Types: Only one category – Executive Rooms – with double or twin beds.
- Smoking Rooms: An entire floor is available to smokers.
- Best Room: All rooms are the same, but the best would be on the top floor (quieter) and at the back (better views).
- For Families: Not really set up for families and no space in the rooms for extra single beds. The only option is 2 adjoining rooms which won’t have connecting doors.
Adarsh Hamilton – Local Transport
- Walking: Nice enough for strolling around the backstreets, but the traffic along the main road is relentless.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. (Ambitious plans to connect the airport have stalled indefinitely.) The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 3km from the hotel (9-minute drive).
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Almost no taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
Adarsh Hamilton – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- The Pride Hotel – Offers Café Treat (delightful setting, friendly staff, and all-day buffets), Fuel (chic and colorful bar/bistro), and Puran Da Dhaba (new and funky for Indian cuisine). 2-minute walk (180m).
- New Udupi Upahar – Around the corner at Richmond Circle, west of the hotel. Hugely popular cafeteria. No-fuss furniture and tasty Indian food at very low prices. 3-minute walk (230m).
- Café Coffee Day – One in a countrywide chain of cafés serving drinks and light meals. Popular corner-side hangout. 4-minute walk (400m).
- café@elanza – In the Elanza Hotel, it offers buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a la carte all day. Reasonably classy, well-priced, and excellent service. Beer and wine available. 6-minute walk (450m).
- In Wok – Intimate tables and good-value Chinese food, but dinner only. Along a quiet side street; turn right just after the Elanza Hotel. 7-minute walk (550m).
- Café Mor’ish +91 (0)80 4302 1963 – French-style bistro offering pasta, burgers, pizzas, and other western delights. All-day breakfasts are hearty. Upstairs seating available. 8-minute walk (650m).
Adarsh Hamilton – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai