by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 21, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Amnaya Resort Kuta – Likeable funky gem hidden from the traffic and crowds.
Far more appealing than other motel-style resorts, the distinctive mauve paint and wood-stained balconies are quite striking, and the limited number of rooms is pleasingly ‘un-resorty’. All rooms are spacious, and most face the elongated and narrow pool. Family Suites feature two of everything – bedrooms, bathrooms, and balconies – while villas are hidden behind walls, but still only five meters from the pool. Located along a tranquil path from the very busy road in Tuban, it’s only a short walk from the beach and Kuta. The Amnaya is also very convenient to the Discovery Mall and right behind the Waterbom waterpark (which does make the resort noisy in places).
Amnaya Resort Kuta – The Location
- Formerly known as Alaya Resort Kuta.
- Address: About 200m down Gang Puspa Ayu (3-minute walk), a laneway off Jalan Kartika Plaza, the main road through Tuban, more commonly known as South Kuta. Kuta, the most popular and busiest resort region in Bali, is about 850m north (11-minute walk).
- Area: Pleasingly hidden from the chaotic main road which has endless facilities in all directions. The beach is 600m away (cut through any resort).
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 10 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Facilities at Kuta. Waterbom waterpark. Discovery Mall.
Amnaya Resort Kuta – The Basics
- Guests: Mainly focused on couples and small groups rather than families. And the overall vibe is of guests under 40.
- Beach: About 600m from the beach. Cut through any of the resorts that face the sea. (All beaches are open to the public.) The finest stretch of sand is in front of the Anvaya resort, about 700m south down the main road (9-minute walk).
- Views: Many rooms and suites overlook the pool, while villas are secluded behind walls. But some suites face Waterbom waterpark, which is interesting but often noisy.
- Extras: Afternoon tea with Balinese dancing.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some rooms on the ground floor have a gate that faces the main pool but no direct access to the pool despite the name (Amnaya Room Pool Access).
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 755 380
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: amnayahotels.com
Amnaya Resort Kuta – Amenities
- Pool: The long and shady pool is squeezed between a block of rooms and the string of villas.
- Spa: The Bhava Spa is surprisingly elegant, offering treatments from across Asia and good-value packages lasting hours.
- Fitness Center: As small as imagined but should satisfy most customers.
- Activities: Classes in Balinese painting, religious offerings, and cooking.
Amnaya Resort Kuta – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The open-air, poolside setting is very pleasant at the Sukun Restaurant and Bar. Quirky furniture, attentive service, and extensive menu. Affordable traditional feasts also available.
- Breakfast: Not normally included but depends on how the room was booked. The buffet breakfast is good value and substantial.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours between 7 am and 9.30 pm.
Amnaya Resort Kuta – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Amnaya Rooms • Amnaya Room Pool Access • Junior Suites • Family Suites • Amnaya Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in or around the rooms. Ask management about dedicated areas.
- Best Room: The Amnaya Suites are twice the size of the others, featuring a separate living area, gorgeous bathroom, and balcony facing the Waterbom waterpark.
- For Families: Some rooms have connecting doors creating what are regarded as the Family Suites.
Amnaya Resort Kuta – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Tuban and Kuta have to offer.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Tuban and Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Tuban/Kuta/Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator is Perama, with services leaving from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta. (22-minute walk).
Amnaya Resort Kuta – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- The only place to eat along the short access lane to the hotel is Shinta Warung, a charming and friendly café with a limited selection of tasty local food. 1-minute walk.
- Within a few minutes’ walk along the main road are many great options:
- Spice Mantraa – Authentic Indian cuisine and stunning décor. Virtually opposite the corner of the main road and access lane. 3-minute walk.
- Bamboo Bar & Grill – Cut above the normal bistro, with exquisite and spacious setting. Plenty of sports on TV and daily specials. 100m north up the road from Spice Mantraa. 4-minute walk.
- Warung Damar – Quaint, welcoming, and shady. Very tasty and authentic Indonesian cuisine. Popular for the rijstaffel shared plates of local food. 50m past the Bamboo. 5-minute walk.
- Discovery Mall – Unmissable, opposite the corner with the main road and access lane to the hotel – offers a substantial food court on the top floor with top-notch views, as well as classy eateries facing the sea such as Segara Asian Grill and Oceans 27 Beach Club (0)361 765 027. 4-minute walk.