Home > Andaz Delhi Hotel Review
Updated: October 9, 2019
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – Massive hotel dominating an area with terrific facilities and just minutes from the airport.
Perfect for those transiting or wanting to avoid the hassles of staying in the city center, the Andaz takes up most of a block within a dedicated area of top-end hotels and malls only minutes by car from the airport. Some may say the hotel lacks charm, with its minimalist design and funky décor, but it is certainly spacious and contemporary. Unlike nearby rivals, many rooms face inwards, overlooking the gardens and pool rather than the road and airport. Some rooms, however, are actively promoted as having a ‘Runway View’, and all windows throughout the hotel are well soundproofed.
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – The Location
(This hotel is separate to the Andaz Residences around the block.)
- Address: In Aerocity, a modern suburb with nothing but hotels and tourist facilities; in fact, no-one lives there. About 10 minutes (3.6km) by car/taxi from the international and domestic terminals.
- Area: More tranquil, tidy, and secure, and far less hassle than staying anywhere in the city center. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- How to Get There: Transfers to and/or from the airport are included in the rates. Otherwise, get a taxi. See Local Transport below for information about the Delhi Metro.
- Handy to: Airport.
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – The Basics
- Guests: The hotel caters overwhelmingly for those needing proximity to the airport. Also a major venue for weddings and conferences.
- Views: Better views than most neighboring hotels because it’s set back from the roads and many rooms face inwards, i.e. overlooking the gardens, lawns, and pool. Some do face the runway but are sheltered by soundproofed windows.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None, perhaps a little surprisingly.
- Extras: One-way transfers to the airport for all rooms; 2-way transfers for guests staying at the suites. Free non-alcoholic contents of minibar.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4903 1234
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hyatt.com
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – Amenities
- Pool: Decent size, on the ground floor, and surrounded by lawns, gardens, and lounge chairs. Many rooms overlook the pool, so it’s not that private.
- Spa: Innovative techniques and signature treatments. Also, aqua yoga classes in the pool.
- Fitness Center: Bright and airy, with plenty of state-of-the-art equipment, steam room, and sauna. Open 24 hours.
- Other Facilities: Money-changing. Business Center.
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: AnnaMaya – Large bistro with quirky décor, innovative menu, and daily specials. For buffet breakfast and a la carte meals. Open 24 hours. • Andaz Deli – More casual, serving light meals, salads, truffles, and homemade breads and cakes. Bright and cheery setting.
- Bars: Juniper Bar – For cocktails and conversations late into the night. Wide range of imported spirits and huge communal table for meeting other guests. • The Hong Kong Club – Trendy nightclub and lounge on several levels. Tasting menus and dim sum available. Open until 4 am.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms (some with ‘Runway Views’) • Deluxe Rooms (some with ‘Runway Views’) • Andaz Large View Suites • Andaz Large Suites • Andaz Suites King • Andaz View Suites • Signature Suites • Apartments for longer stays in a separate building: the Andaz Residences
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in some rooms and in most public areas.
- Best Room: The Signature Suites are 3 times larger than the other suites. Huge separate living/dining rooms and study/business areas.
- For Families: Management will encourage families to stay in the associated but separate Andaz Residences, 300m away. These feature 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms.
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty of facilities within the suburb of Aerocity, which is about 1km by 400m in area. The special zone offers things rarely (if ever) found elsewhere in Delhi: e.g. shady footpaths, minimal traffic, and no hassles.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. An express service, with only 4 stops, links Aerocity with the New Delhi station, attached to the main railway terminal. The Aerocity metro station is about 800m down the main road from the hotel. 10-minute walk.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and even harder to find in Aerocity than elsewhere in Delhi. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Oddly, there are no auto-rickshaws in Aerocity.
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- The Andaz is surrounded by upmarket hotels, each with several classy bistros and bars, including the Lemon Tree Premier hotel, 500m south down the main road. It offers: Citrus Café (open 24/7, with innovative menu and appealing poolside seating) and Republic of Noodles (casual and award-winning for upmarket street food from across Asia). 6-minute walk.
Within a cluster in and around the Worldmark shopping malls (see below) are:
- Café Delhi Heights – One in a countrywide chain of inviting cafés. Extended menu, friendly staff, and beer/wine available. 6-minute walk (450m).
- Farzi Café – Exquisite food, attentive service, and lovely ambience. Live jazz on most weekends. 7-minute walk (600m).
- Chaayos – Hugely popular for casual meals and all sorts of teas. Intimate tables and cozy setting. 7-minute walk (600m).
- Food Capital +91 85277 26011 – Expansive basement food court with several tempting eateries offering Indian, Chinese, and western food, e.g. pizzas. 8-minute walk (650m).
- Qutub Minar – 14th-century architectural masterpiece that houses 2 mosques, including the oldest in northern India. Lore states that whoever can wrap their arms around the antique iron pillow in the courtyard will have their wishes fulfilled. 32-minute drive (13km).
- Humayun’s Tomb – UNESCO-listed. Created during the mid-16th century (before the Taj Mahal), the buildings were recently renovated and the gardens are majestic. The ticket entrance is on the main road. Open daily from sunrise to sunset. 45-minute drive (18km).
The following 3 are located close to each other and can be visited together, either by metro or by renting a car for the day.
- Chandni Chowk – Chaotic but fascinating, this is one of India’s oldest and busiest markets in the heart of Old Delhi. Best street food in the city as well. The Red Fort is located within the market area. Get down at Chawri Bazar metro station. 50-minute ride (19km).
- Jama Masjid – The largest mosque in India, built in the 17th century by Shah Jahan, the same Mughal Emperor who built the Taj Mahal. Dress conservatively, keep a bag handy to carry shoes, and beware of beggars and solicitors. 300-Rupee charge per camera, including phones with cameras. Not worth the money to climb up the minaret. Many souvenir, handicraft, and food stalls around. Arrive early in the morning, and avoid Fridays. Easy access to Gate 2 using the metro (Jama Masjid station). 55-minute ride (20km).
- Red Fort – Massive 17th-century red sandstone fort. A Mughal residence for 2 centuries, it now houses several museums (Mumtaz Mahal, Khas Mahal, Rang Mahal, and others), and is especially popular for its evening sound and light shows. Open from 9:30 am till 4:30 pm. Closed Mondays. 1-hour drive (23km).
Andaz Delhi – A Concept By Hyatt – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Ambassador, New Delhi – IHCL SeleQtions
- B Nineteen Luxury Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport
- Hyatt Regency Delhi
- Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotel
- The Imperial New Delhi
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT New Delhi
- Le Méridien New Delhi
- The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- The Leela Palace New Delhi
- Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport
- The Lodhi
- Lutyens Bungalow
- The Oberoi New Delhi
- Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Shangri-La’s – Eros Hotel
- Taj Mahal, New Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai