AYANA Resort and Spa – Luxury and elegance in an extraordinarily spacious setting.
The Ayana is about ten minutes’ drive from Jimbaran and its seafood cafés along a perfectly curved beach. The resort boasts one of the largest grounds on Bali (the main entrance is over a kilometer from the lobby), so golf buggies are provided. The elegant Deluxe Rooms in a four-level block facing the gardens and sea are packed with exquisite Balinese furnishings and carvings. The lawns are vast enough for a putting green, while the lush gardens are comparable to some city botanical gardens. The clifftop infinity pool is connected to the renowned Rock Bar and a tiny cove of white sand by an outdoor lift. Regular shuttle buses to Jimbaran and the mall at Nusa Dua help offset the isolation.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
AYANA Resort and Spa – The Location
- Area: In a secluded and isolated section of the northwest coast of Bukit Peninsula in southern Bali.
- Address: Jalan Karang Mas road, about 6 km south of central Jimbaran.
- How to Get There: The way only to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car, which is best arranged through the resort – but guests at the AYANA and RIMBA villas (but not the resort) often receive free transfers. The trip should take about 25 minutes, depending on traffic. Easily accessible from anywhere in southern Bali by metered taxi; from elsewhere in Bali, charter a car with a driver.
AYANA Resort and Spa – The Basics
- Guests: Caters exceptionally well for all – from couples on romantic getaways to families.
- Kids Club: The recently-renovated kids club offers a wide range of toys, games, and activities (such as Indonesian dance and cooking). Guests can also access another kids’ club at the adjoining RIMBA Villas, which features a cinema, games room, and library.
- Beach: The resort is perched on a cliff above a private cove of white sand called Kubu Beach, accessible along about 200 precarious steps or the more stable outdoor lift.
- Views: All rooms face the gardens, while a few also overlook the sea, but ocean views from any room are mostly distant.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: In the separate area known as The Villas at AYANA Resort, Bali, each villa features a private pool.
- Extras: Free shuttle services to Jimbaran (for the beach, 20-minute drive) and Nusa Dua (for shops, 30-minute drive).
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 702 222
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ayana.com
AYANA Resort and Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Magnificent infinity-edged pool on the clifftop with some of the finest views in Bali and surrounded by gazebos. One of 12 pools among the grounds of this resort and the adjoining AYANA and RIMBA villas.
- Spa: The Thermes Marins Bali Spa continually wins international awards and features an Aquatonic Seawater Therapy Pool, apparently the world’s largest.
- Fitness Center: Large and fully-equipped.
- For Families: Games room. Trampoline. Children’s playground.
- Activities: The gardens are substantial enough for a putting green. Classes available in batik painting and cooking.
- Other Facilities: Travel agency. Moneychanger. More than 10 boutiques in a delightfully shady outdoor arcade.
AYANA Resort and Spa – Food and Drink
Remarkably, within this resort and the adjoining AYANA and RIMBA villas, there are 19 restaurants and bars. The finest among the resort grounds are:
- Restaurants: Spa Café – Elegant indoor dining within the spa, so focuses on healthy food and drinks. • Sami Sami – Facing the lawn, with a wonderful breeze and views. Specializes in Italian cuisine. • Pesta Lobster – Perfect for a romantic dinner: candlelit with ocean views, traditional music, and a sublime setting on a pier.
- Bars: Rock Bar – Perhaps even more famous than the resort, it’s accessible by an outdoor lift. The cliff-side views are jaw-dropping. • Pool Deck AYANA – Casual, for light meals, and um, ‘free sunglasses cleaning’.
- Breakfast: An amazing buffet breakfast is often included, depending on the type of room and how it’s booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
AYANA Resort and Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Ocean View Room • Jimbaran Bay View • Resort View Room • Ocean View Suite • Terrace Suite • Villa with 1 or 2 bedrooms in the adjoining AYANA and RIMBA villa complexes • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Not allowed in the rooms, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Ocean View Suites are the largest, and provide the finest ocean views from an extended balcony accessible from the bedroom and separate lounge room.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors (and some neighboring villas feature 2 bedrooms).
AYANA Resort and Spa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The massive grounds are best explored on foot and by 2 wheels, but not the general area outside the complex because the main gate is about 1 km away and the terrain is hilly. Ask reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: Nothing ventures along this isolated part of the island.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Nowhere local to rent a motorbike or car (which is not recommended around Bali anyway). A chartered car with a driver or metered taxi can be arranged through the reception.
AYANA Resort and Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Being so isolated, there is only 1 option nearby. Just opposite the main gate, about 1 km from the lobby, Warung Breezes is simple, decent, and affordable. Otherwise, hop on the free shuttle bus service to Jimbaran.
- Oishii Tei – Authentic Japanese cuisine, including a sushi bar. Charming décor, with shady outside seating.
- Mamma Mia Café – For wood-fired pizzas and pasta. And popular for daily specials, spacious interior, and happy hours.
- Akua Bali Tapas Bar & Restaurant – Delightful, modern, and airy for tapas and fine dining all day. Faces the beach.
- Seafood cafés – These set up from 4 pm at several places along the beach, but most are open all day. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood, and other meals are available.
- Nothing within walking distance, but a minimart and several boutiques onsite. Or use the free hotel shuttle bus and visit the quaint Jimbaran Corner Shopping Center, home to a few boutiques and bistros.