Bali Dynasty Resort – No beach frontage, but outstanding for families.
While this resort does not directly face the ocean and therefore, no rooms provide sea views, guests can still enjoy the private beach club very close by. The main pool, with its ‘waterfalls’, volleyball nets, and swim-up bar is truly massive. Another pool caters for children, and a third is for adults only. All rooms are very comfortable and those for families feature bunk beds for up to three children. Most overlook the pool and gardens, though some do face the carpark and entrance road. The location is ideal: walkable to the Discovery and Lippo malls and Waterbom waterpark. And the younger ones would also enjoy the cheerful kids club, waterslide, and playground within the pool.
Bali Dynasty Resort – The Location
- Area: In a block off the main road, and the resort fence just 50m from the sea. Endless facilities in all directions, accessible along the road or beachside path.
- Address: Along Jalan Kartika Plaza, the main road through Tuban, commonly known as South Kuta. Kuta itself, the most popular area in Bali, is about 1 km north.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 10 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Facilities at Kuta. Waterbom waterpark. Discovery Mall. Lippo Mall.
Bali Dynasty Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Overwhelmingly for families, so child-free couples may find it too crowded and noisy.
- Kids Club: The cheerful Kupu-Kupu Kiddies’ Club is one of the finest in Bali, with (unusually) a separate area for teenagers (10 to 16). Impressive range of activities and facilities, as well as movies and courses in Bahasa.
- Beach: The resort doesn’t actually face the sea, but the beach is accessible along a lane about 100m away from the main pool. The sand is gray and often gritty, which is typical of Tuban, though it is more appealing in the special beach club area.
- Views: All rooms overlook the gardens and/or pools, but a few do face the entrance road and carpark. Exceptions are the handful of Luxury Tent Villas which do face the sea from a distance.
- Kitchen: The Executive Suites and Family Suites contain kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Parking: A few free and secure spots for parking, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- Extras: Hospitality Lounge for late departures and early arrivals. Bicycle rental.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 752 403
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: bdr.pphotels.com
Bali Dynasty Resort – Amenities
- Pool: 3 pools. The one massive and elegant enough for ‘waterfalls’ also has a swim-up bar. The children’s pool features a playground inside, 56m-long waterslide, and tipping buckets that make the younger ones scream with delight. The adults-only Lazy Pool is far quieter.
- Spa: The Ashoka Spa is as big and brassy as the resort. Abundant range of treatments, some unique, and a few suitable for children. Also, a sauna.
- Fitness Center: Large and well-equipped.
- For Families: Kids Water Fun Zone with playground inside the children’s pool. Special deals for children’s meals. Baby-sitting.
- Activities: Plenty of activities offered, especially for families, e.g. origami and costume-making. Also, classes in Indonesian language, cooking, and art. Ping pong.
- Other Facilities: Ice-creamery. Boutiques. Minimart. Travel agency. Hair salon. Moneychanger.
Bali Dynasty Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Sen5es – Open only for buffet breakfast to certain guests. • H2O – All-day dining and themed buffets with live music/dance at night. Alfresco, facing the pool, and open-plan kitchen. Popular for pizzas. Soothing adults-only cocktail lounge is one level above, and is especially romantic at sunset. • Golden Lotus – Authentic Chinese. Dim sum at lunch, as well as chili crabs and Peking duck renowned across Bali. • Queen’s of India – At the street front, offering a swish décor and curries to die for. • Café Piazza – Open all day for pastries, sandwiches, light snacks, coffee, and juices. Very comfortable chairs and sofas.
- Bars: Gracie Kelly’s Irish Pub – Bali’s first Irish pub is still one of its finest. Guinness, authentic grub, and live music nightly. Snooker tables, TV sports, and quiz nights add to the appeal. • Sunset Bar – Very casual and extremely popular during extended happy hours. • Sunken Bar – Classic swim-up bar, enticing happy hours, and late closing. • D Lounge – Cocktail lounge at the lobby for people-watching, business meetings, and live piano music.
- Breakfast: Included for all guests.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Bali Dynasty Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Deluxe Terrace Room • Deluxe Pool View • Family Garden View • Family Studio • Kids Suite • Family Pool View • Family Suite • Executive Suite • Luxury Tent Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: For something quite different, stay in the adults-only Luxury Tent Villas. This is 5-star ‘glamping’ within a rooftop garden offering unobstructed sea views. Secluded and very romantic.
- For Families: All rooms designed for families are spacious, with an attached Kids Suite containing bunk beds for 3. Many other rooms have connecting doors, while rollaway beds and cots for smaller children can fit into most other rooms. Family Suites feature kitchenettes, living areas, and 2 bedrooms and bathrooms.
Bali Dynasty Resort – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Tuban and Kuta have to offer.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Tuban and Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Tuban/Kuta/Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, offers many services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, a 25-minute drive away.
Bali Dynasty Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
So much choice along the main road and within the 2 malls, both of which have food courts.
- Garis Garis Restaurant – Parisienne-style garden setting for Indonesian food. 300m south.
On the ground floor of Lippo Mall (500m south) are:
- Bali Fish Market – For all things seafood. Choose from tanks or ice trays.
- Kafe Batan Waru – Popular and elegant, serving unique versions of traditional Indonesian cuisine. Plenty of vegetarian options.
- Ganesha ek Sanskriti – Classy and authentic, with chefs from India. Seating inside and out.
- Ocean 360 Beach Club – Among many options at Discovery Mall (500m north).
Nearby Shops & Markets
- So many minimarts and shops in both directions, accessible via the beach or road. Kuta’s second and third-largest malls are within a short walk: Lippo, 500m south of the resort and Discovery, 500m north of the resort.
- About 600m north of the resort is the award-winning Waterbom waterpark, with slides, rides, and pools that are equally popular with adults and children.