by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 21, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Bali Garden Beach Resort – Stylish, convenient, unpretentious, and old-fashioned (in a good way).
The traditional design with several lotus-filled ponds and trickling fountains is more appealing than other resorts nearby. All rooms are spacious and stylish, feature contemporary Balinese décor, and face the sea and/or tropical gardens. (The villas, however, are less appealing.) The main beachfront pool, with swim-up bar, is very shady, while the adults-only pool is lined with gorgeous gazebos. Still part of the curved Kuta bay, the beach in front is broad and the sand is white. Some rooms cater for up to five and there is a children’s pool, but the resort is not as well set up for families as others in Tuban. However, the location is ideal: adjacent to the Discovery mall, opposite the Waterbom waterpark, and a short walk from Kuta.
Bali Garden Beach Resort – The Location
- Address: Along Jalan Kartika Plaza, the main road through Tuban, commonly known as South Kuta. Kuta itself, the most popular area on Bali, is about 500m north (6-minute walk).
- Area: Between the sea and the main road, with endless facilities in all directions, accessible by road or along the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Facilities at Kuta. Waterbom waterpark. Discovery Mall.
Bali Garden Beach Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for everyone very well. Couples can find some distance from noisy children.
- Kids Club: Surprisingly, there isn’t one.
- Beach: Faces the southern end of Kuta Beach, which is wide and curved. Lacks shade and waves can be rough, but very scenic, and the sand is white and clean.
- Views: Some rooms face the sea, while most overlook the pool and/or tropical gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Kitchen: Garden Villas feature a kitchenette.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking on site, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 753 852
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: baligardenbeachresort.com
Bali Garden Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The lovely infinity pool faces the beach and has a swim-up bar, plenty of shade, and soothing bubble jets. Also, a separate adults-only pool lined with gazebos, and a third just for children.
- Spa: The Tari (‘Dance’) Spa offers a comprehensive range of treatments in an exquisite setting. Highly-trained staff and special packages for couples.
- Fitness Center: Recently renovated with all the latest gear, it’s spacious and airy.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Activities: Snooker table.
- Other Facilities: Moneychanger.
Bali Garden Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Warung Damar – Quaint, shady, and street-side for tasty and authentic Indonesian cuisine. Try the rijstaffel shared plates of local food. • The Boardwalk Restaurant – Lovely beachfront position, offering Mediterranean and Indonesian meals and seafood. • Aribar – Recognizable by the giant chili along the street. Spicy Mexican in a fun setting. • Karum – Indoors, specializing in curries from India, Thailand, and Indonesia. • Wokmie – Malaysian and Chinese delights, including noodle-based dishes and dim sum. • KOPInKUE – Along the street, ‘Coffee ‘n’ Cake’ is perfect for people-watching over a cappuccino. • Il Tempio – Contemporary Italian, with a welcoming vibe popular with families. • KaBar & Grill – Sports bar open all day with snooker table. German menu with bratwurst and sauerkraut.
- Breakfast: Included in most rates, but check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Bali Garden Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Family Rooms • Garden Villas
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms but permitted anywhere else.
- Best Room: Garden Villas may not offer sea views but are very spacious: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, separate living area, and kitchenette. And the décor is even more tasteful.
- For Families: Family Rooms can accommodate up to 5, with a double bunk bed and an extra single. Villas have 2 or 3 bedrooms.
Bali Garden Beach Resort – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Tuban and Kuta have to offer via the road or better, the beachside path.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Tuban and Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Tuban/Kuta/Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, offers many services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, 1.3km away. (16-minute walk).
Bali Garden Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Plenty of options at the Discovery Mall (200m south) including Segara Asian Grill, with a pool facing the sea; Oceans 27 Beach Club (0)361 765 027, also offering an elegant poolside setting; and food court on the top floor with 5-star sea views. 2-minute walk.
- Il Cielo (0)361 762 027 – Classy and authentic Italian, offering much more than just pizzas and pasta. About 500m down the road. 7-minute walk.
- Queen’s of India – Swish décor and curries to die for. Alongside Il Cielo. 7-minute walk.
- Kunyit Restaurant – Exquisite Indonesian and Balinese food in a very stylish setting, so uncommon in Tuban. Just past Il Cielo. 8-minute walk.
- Garis-Garis Restaurant – Parisienne-style garden setting for Indonesian food. Worth a stroll, about 700m south of the resort. 9-minute walk.