Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – Traditional design and sparkling décor in a prime location.
Less opulent and more affordable than neighboring mega resorts, the Bali Mandira features a pleasing Balinese-style design. Rooms don’t offer sea views, but rather face delightful gardens filled with ponds and traditional statues. All are spacious and have been lovingly renovated with many Balinese touches – secluded cottages are connected by a village-style path. The extensive lawns have plenty of lounge chairs and palm trees, and the glittering beachside pool features a ‘waterfall’ and sandy ‘beach’ with thatched umbrellas. Another pool is for adults only. The attached Azul Beach Club offers tempting meals and splendid views.
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – The Location
- Area: Faces Legian Beach and the quiet pedestrian seaside path. Plenty of facilities in all directions.
- Address: Jalan Padma No. 2, in the southern part of Legian, near the invisible border with Kuta, the most popular tourist region in Bali. The entrance is on Jalan Padma, a dead-end access road to the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Legian and Kuta.
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – The Basics
- Guests: Can’t compete with neighboring mega resorts as a family destination, hence caters reasonably well for all.
- Beach: Directly faces (across a path) a wide, clean beach. Plenty of shade and a few drinks stalls on the white sand. The water is more suitable for surfing, so be careful and swim between the flags.
- Kids Club: Cening Kids Club is decent but not as impressive as nearby rivals, offering movies and lessons in Balinese crafts and Indonesian language (Bahasa).
- Views: All rooms face the delightful gardens; none offer sea views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Club Pool Villas feature private pools.
- Extras: Free lessons in Balinese crafts.
- Parking: A few free and secure spots at the reception area, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 766 251
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: balimandira.com
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Three. One is beachside and lagoon-shaped with thatched umbrellas and shady lawns and large enough to feature a ‘beach’, ‘waterfall’, and pool bar. Another adults-only pool features large gazebos and a jacuzzi. A third is for children and has waterslides.
- Spa: The wonderful Glow Spa offers signature treatments and good-value packages.
- Fitness Center: Smallish but adequate choice of equipment.
- For Families: Kiddie pool with waterslides. Kids Club. A few activities in traditional arts and crafts.
- Activities: Cooking classes.
- Other Facilities: In-house travel agency.
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Celagi – All-day dining with views of the pool and sea. Popular for buffets, traditional music/dance, and babu guling (roast pig). • Barong Bar – Alongside the pool and facing the beach. Happy hours, signature pizzas, and soothing live music. Salsa dancing on some nights. • Suling Lounge – Classy setting, traditional décor, terrace seats, and comfy lounges inside.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but can be – depending on the type of room and how it was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Superior Family Room • Deluxe Cottage • Deluxe Club Cottage • Private Courtyard Club • Junior Club Suite • Mandira Club Suite • Club Pool Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in or around the rooms and public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Club Pool Villas are very sumptuous and secluded, and feature gorgeous bathrooms and good-sized private pools.
- For Families: Most rooms and cottages can fit in an extra single bed. Superior Family Rooms can easily accommodate families of 4.
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Legian and Kuta have to offer. Cycling on the path alongside Legian Beach is great fun. Ask the hotel about bike rental.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare). Drivers hang about street corners, but it’s best to organize through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali and renting one in Kuta/Legian is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Kuta and Legian but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services all over Bali from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 3 km from the hotel by taxi.
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Azul Beach Club – Gorgeous restaurant/bar, uniquely designed across 3 levels and virtually part of the resort and along the beachside path. Great for coffee, cocktails, and Sunday barbecues, kids’ activities included. For something different, try the tacos, tandoori specialties, or organic vegetarian dishes.
Places listed below are in a cluster within 150m of the beach along Jalan Padma (the street with the main entrance to the resort):
- Mamma Maurici – Divine Italian café, complete with checkered tablecloths and wrought-iron balcony.
- Fat Bowl – Hugely popular for healthy food and drinks menu. Trendy music late into the night.
- Makan Place – Corner position and impressive traditional design. Patrons return night after night for the superior service and food.
- Asian Spice Bali – Eclectic menu of tasty delights from across the continent. Recognizable by the rickshaw out front.
- Posers Pub – Perfect corner setting for pub-style meals, people-watching, and meeting new friends.
The main shopping street is Jalan Legian, about 400m east along Jalan Padma street.
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – A more congregated and varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort can be found at this world-class mall. On the beachside road to the south in Kuta, 1.5 km on foot (further by taxi).