• Location: Jalan Puri Bagus road in Candidasa.
• Hotel website: baliseascapebeachclub.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)363 41829
• Check prices for Bali Seascape
Bali Seascape Beach Club – Affordable and convenient resort catering to families.
With its low-key but welcoming beach club vibe, this place offers a range of rooms, apartments, and villas in a tranquil setting a short walk from the main road with its numerous cafés and shops. The all-around views of the hills, coastline, and islands offshore from the pool and upstairs rooms are superb, while a breakwater creates a tiny beach with safe and sheltered swimming. Rooms are comfortable and functional. Units (apartments) offer separate living/dining areas and kitchenettes, and enough space for two or more children. All accommodations are huddled together, however, so rooms can be a bit noisy, and plenty of interesting activities are offered for families.
Bali Seascape Beach Club – The Location
- Area: Faces the coast in a tranquil area. Along a quiet lane that starts where the main road heads inland, but only 200m from the facilities and transport along the main road in Candidasa.
- Address: Desa Samuh Candi Dasa, Karangasem. Jalan Puri Bagus road, on the east coast of Bali.
- How to Get There: Few metered taxis and chartered cars from the airport (about 2 hours) will take anyone this far, so best to arrange transfers from the hotel. See under Local Transport below about tourist shuttle buses.
- Handy to: Dive agency. Snorkeling spots just offshore.
Bali Seascape Beach Club – The Basics
- Guests: Focuses on families. The youngsters and guests attending the beach club during the day can get noisy.
- Beach: Candidasa is a chain of rocky coves with patches of gritty sand created by breakwaters. Unusually, there is a patch of sand in front of the hotel, with calm water for swimming and snorkeling.
- Views: A few rooms, especially those on the upper floor, offer decent views of the sea, but most overlook the pool, which can get noisy.
- Kitchen: The units (apartments) come with small kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of midrange resort in Candidasa.
- Extras: DVD rental. Free shuttle service within Candidasa.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)363 41829
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: baliseascapebeachclub.com
Bali Seascape Beach Club – Amenities
- Pool: The pool can get crowded at times because it’s also a beach club attracting outside guests, and anyone eating at the restaurant can also use the pool. Includes a small area for children.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not really expected, nor provided, at this sort of midrange resort in Candidasa.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Shangrila Scuba Divers. Tours arranged through the front desk. Library.
Bali Seascape Beach Club – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Alongside the pool, the airy Rathbone’s Bar and Restaurant offers a range of Indonesian and other meals, including weekly barbecues with seafood or a pig on a spit. Live music, happy hours, and cooking classes add to the appeal.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but can be paid for as an extra.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of 7 am to 9 pm.
Bali Seascape Beach Club – Rooms
- Room Types: Unit (with 1 or 2 bedrooms) • Studio • Room • Luxury Penthouse Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms or public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The one-off Luxury Penthouse Suite offers far more space and optimal views of the sea.
- For Families: Various options – the 1-bedroom units can sleep up to 4, while those with 2 bedrooms can accommodate up to 6. Studios can also squeeze in an extra single bed.
Bali Seascape Beach Club – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The main road through Candidasa is only 1 km long and an easy walk. It is flat and reasonably wide (but very busy), so bicycles are a good option. Ask the hotel about rental.
- Public Transport: Long-distance minibuses pass by along the road between Amlapura and Denpasar (via the turnoff to Padangbai), but are not really needed in the local area.
- Shuttle Bus: The main island-wide operator, Perama, offers several services daily to Kuta, Ubud, and Lovina, all via Padangbai. The office is at the far western end of the main road, 1.3km away.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There are no metered taxis in this area, so charter a car with a driver from someone along the main road, or better, through the hotel. Renting a car is possible from local agencies (but not recommended anywhere in Bali), while motorbikes are easy to rent and a terrific way to explore the east coast.
Bali Seascape Beach Club – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Along the laneway are several great options, including:
- Warung Candidasa Moka – Popular for coffee, ribs, and cakes, as well as unfussy service, air-conditioning, and affordable meals. Opposite the Discovery resort, 100m back towards Candidasa.
- Ganesh – Fascinating décor, set-priced menus, and numerous wines and homemade desserts. Daily specials add to the attraction. About 200m further along the lane.
Where the lane meets the main road, 200m from the hotel entrance, are:
- Vincent’s – Dedicated to Van Gogh and featuring live jazz, lounge chairs, and quieter tables in a garden.
- Warung Astawa – Opposite Vincent’s for duck, seafood platters, and set-priced menus of Balinese food, all at pleasingly low prices.
- Dewata Agung – More traditional décor than others. Great for seafood, people-watching, and happy hours. Almost next to Vincent’s.
- The 1 km-long main road is bursting with all sorts of shops, from minimarts to souvenir stalls. No malls, but enough places to satisfy most.
Candidasa is an ideal base for exploration of the east coast, including:
- Tenganan (6 km) – Fascinating millennia-old village pre-dating Hinduism. Maybe get a lift up by car or motorbike. The walk downhill (5 km) to the main road in Candidasa is delightful.
- Pasir Putih (8 km) – One of Bali’s premier beaches, yet still remarkably underdeveloped. Accessible by public transport and lovely walk (1.5 km) from the turnoff at Bugbug village.
- Padangbai (14 km) – With a scenic cove, more renowned as the terminal for speedboats to the Gili Islands. Accessible by public minibus, shuttle bus, and/or motorbike taxi.
- Tirta Gangga (17 km) – Bali’s most exquisite water palace is accessible by public transport via Amlapura or shuttle bus.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter