Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Opulent, family-friendly hotel next to the magnificent Lake Louise.
This grand and luxurious 539-room hotel overlooks the truly spectacular crown jewel of Banff National Park, Lake Louise. The lake’s natural beauty, serenity, and grandeur are in a class of their own and the color of the water is so incredibly turquoise that it leads some tourists to enquire whether the bottom of the lake has been painted. The hotel’s architecture and décor are superb and the guest rooms are modern and well-appointed. The suites/rooms with lake views are dreamy and worth the splurge. There are six on-site restaurants, a lovely heated indoor pool, hot tub, steam room, large fitness room, fifteen shops, and a full-service spa. Fantastic hiking trails are plentiful and at your doorstep, including two of the Park’s exclusive Tea Houses that are accessible by foot only. The hotel is ideal for families as they offer a Kids Club program with many types of classes/outings, some complementary. Pets are allowed and pet-sitting services are available.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Location
- Area: In the hamlet of Lake Louise, 2-hour drive (190 km) west of Calgary and 50-minute drive (60 km) from Banff. Easy 4km round-trip shoreline trail for a beautiful lakeside stroll. Hike to Banff’s only 2 remote tea houses – Lake Agnes Tea House and Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House – with trailheads for both just steps from the hotel. Info.
- Address: 111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome.
- Pet Policy: Pets allowed. No breed or size restrictions. Price CA$50/day. Pets are not allowed on the sixth floor or the Mount Temple Wing. Pet-sitting available for a fee.
- Views: Rooms at the front of the hotel have lake views and those on the side have mountain views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some suites have private jacuzzis.
- Parking: Valet parking CA$35. Underground self-parking CA$30. Select suites come with complementary self/valet underground parking.
- Extras: Live music on some evenings. Smores campfire roast every evening. Complementary shuttle to Moraine Lake (summer only), snowshoes, fitness/wellness classes including yoga, and canoeing on Lake Louise (for Gold level customers). Kids room, toddlers room, kids menu, and lots of activities for children.
- When to Book: Book 5-6 months in advance for July-August and Christmas break.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 1-866-540-4413/403-522-3511
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: fairmont.com
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and steam room. Pool hours 6am-10pm (up to 11pm for adults) daily.
- Spa: Full service on-site spa.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7.
- For Disabled Guests:
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Fairview – 4-Star Diamond Award-winner restaurant serving Canadian cuisine. Elegant décor with oversized windows providing breathtaking views of Lake Louise and Victoria Glacier. Dinner only (6-9 pm). Reservations required. • Walliser Stube – European alpine cuisine with wine bar. Variety of classic Swiss, German, and Alpine dishes. Famous for their Swiss fondue. Dinner only. Varying days: 5:30–9:30pm. • Alpine Social – Hearty gourmet comfort food in a relaxed pub-like atmosphere. Designated bar seating. Open for lunch (noon-5pm Fri-Sun) and dinner (5-11pm daily) only. • Poppy Brasserie – Breakfast buffet or a la carte classics. Fairmont Lifestyles Cuisine options. Breakfast buffet (6.30-10am)/a la carte (6:30-11am). • Lago Italian Kitchen – Modern Italian cuisine. Open kitchen with multi-course meals. Dinner only (6-9pm, May–Sep). • Chateau Deli Snackbar – Coffee, hot meals, soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts. Picnic lunches and boxed meals available. Open 24 hours.
- Bar/Lounge: Lakeview Lounge – Stylish décor with oversized windows providing breathtaking views of Lake Louise and Victoria Glacier. Cocktails and wines. Lunch (11am-5pm) and evening tapas (5-7pm) menus available.
- Breakfast: Complementary breakfast for 1 and 2-bedroom suite guests and Fairmont Gold level guests.
- Room Service: 24/7. Large selection of menus, including special kids menu.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard • Standard (with Lake View) • Deluxe • Deluxe (with Lake View) • Junior Suite • Fairmont Gold • Fairmont Gold (with Lake/Mountain View) • Deluxe Mount Temple • Deluxe Mount Temple (with 2 Queen Beds) • Deluxe 2 Queen (with Lake View) • 1 Bedroom Suite • 1 Bedroom Suite (with Lake View) • List of all Rooms
- Fairmont Gold: The newly-renovated Gold (7th) floor includes private check-in, check-out, and concierge. Exclusive lounge area with complementary deluxe continental breakfast, all-day coffee and tea service, evening canapés, honesty bar, newspapers, laptop, iPad, and printer.
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: 1-Bedroom Marquis de Lorne Suite with Lake View on the 7th floor. 1-Bedroom Loft-style Belvedere Suite with 2 balconies and lake views on the 8th (top) floor.
- For Families: Toddler room for kids 0-4 years (with parent supervision). Kids Club with complementary activities such as movie nights, trips to Lake Louise gondola, and horseback riding. Babysitting services for a fee. Cribs, rollaway beds, and special children’s menus and prices.