Home > Fox Hotel & Suites Review
Updated: March 10, 2020
Fox Hotel & Suites – Large and cozy hotel with comfortable rooms and suites.
This 116-room hotel feels warm and welcoming with its wood-burning fireplace in the lobby and alpine lodge decor. Located on the edge of downtown, its most unique feature is a Cave and Basin themed hot pool located below ground that is partially open to the elements. The guest rooms and suites are comfortable with a cottage-style décor. There is an on-site restaurant/lounge – Chili’s – an American Tex-Mex chain. Buffet breakfast at Chili’s, a Banff ROAM bus pass, and underground parking are complimentary. Bicycles are available and can be rented by the hour or day. The one-bedroom suites on the second floor have direct access to the street, perhaps convenient if you have a pet or are raring to hit the slopes. Downtown Banff is only a short walk away.
Fox Hotel & Suites – Location
- Address: 461 Banff Ave, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1H8.
- Area: On Banff Avenue, Banff’s main street. 15-minute walk (0.8 mile) to downtown.
Fox Hotel & Suites – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome.
- Pet Policy: Pets are allowed – advise when booking the room. CA$25 per night/per pet. Complimentary pet bed, water and food bowls, take-home toy, and special treats.
- View: Some rooms offer partial mountain views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: On-site coin-operated laundry.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Complimentary underground parking.
- Extras: Baby cribs. Bike rentals at CA$5 per hour/CA$30 per day (return by 11pm). Bike lock and helmet included. Complimentary Banff ROAM bus passes.
- When To Book: Book 4-6 months in advance for summer and Christmas seasons.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-800-661-8310/403-760-8500
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: foxhotelandsuites.com
Fox Hotel & Suites – Amenities
- Pool: Unique underground Cave and Basin themed hot pool with an open skylight. 6:30am to 11pm.
- Spa: No spa. Indoor dry sauna.
- Fitness Center: Fitness Room is small and located on the lower level. No windows
6:30am to 11pm.
- For Disabled Guests: 4 Accessible One Bedroom King Suites.
Fox Hotel & Suites – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Chili’s Grill & Bar – Casual Mexican-themed American-chain restaurant on-site. Serves Tex-Mex, ribs, burgers. Take-out menu also available. Mon-Fri 7am-11pm/Sat-Sun 7 am-midnight.
- Bar/Lounge: Chili’s Lounge features a large TV and shares space and hours with the restaurant.
- Breakfast: Complimentary daily continental breakfast (hot and cold, including toast and waffle station) served at Chili’s.
- Room Service: Same hours as restaurant.
Fox Hotel & Suites – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard (1 or 2 Beds) ● Superior One Bedroom Suite ● Superior One Bedroom Suite with Balcony ● Superior Two Bedroom Suite ● Premium Loft Suite ● Premium One Bedroom plus Loft Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Fox Hotel & Suites is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: Premium Loft Suite with King Bed on the 4th floor is the best room. Only the living rooms of the suites have AC.
- For Families: Baby cribs. Several rooms and suites have multiple double beds. There are no adjoining rooms.
Fox Hotel & Suites – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. 12-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. 13-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. 13-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. 13-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. 14-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. 6-minute drive (1.5 miles).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. 14-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. 22-minute walk (1 mile).