Home > Juniper Hotel Review
Updated: March 11, 2020
Juniper Hotel – Intimate retreat with a forest backdrop.
This boutique hotel is perched on a forested hillside on the outskirts of Banff and offers some of the best mountain/valley views in the area. The Juniper Hotel has a modest and natural quality to its décor and its on-site gourmet bistro-lounge is excellent with fantastic views. The guest rooms at the back of the hotel enjoy the same impressive scenery while rooms at the front overlook the hotel’s parking lot and a forest of trees where elk and deer roam. There is no pool or fitness room, however, they do have a small outdoor hot tub. Complimentary daytime shuttles to and from Banff town center are available, as are bicycles for rent. Away from the downtown action, this is perhaps the best place to feel a little detached.
Juniper Hotel – Location
- Address: 1 Juniper Way, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1E1.
- Area: Approximately 2kms (1.2 miles, 5-minute drive) north of Banff town center on the road to Mount Norquay Ski Area.
Juniper Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. Cribs available and special kids menu in the bistro.
- Pet Policy: Pets are allowed for CA$25/night (first floor, standard rooms only) and complimentary pet bed, water bowl, treats, and cleanup baggies are provided. CA$20 for each additional pet. No pets are allowed in the cabins, suites, or penthouse. No restrictions on size or breed.
- View: The front of the hotel offers parking lot and forest views. Room balconies at the back offer mountain/valley views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All 3 King Suites have private jacuzzis.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Free outdoor parking. No valet.
- Extras: Complimentary daytime shuttles to/from Banff for all hotel and bistro guests till 6pm every day. Shuttle runs more frequently in the summer.
- When To Book: Booking 3-4 months in advance is advised.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-866-551-2281/403-762-22811
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: thejuniper.com
Juniper Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: No pool. Small outdoor hot tub (9am-10pm).
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Limited mobility accessible facilities and rooms available.
Juniper Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Juniper Bistro – Open all day. Locally renowned for daily brunches, afternoon graze menu, and dinner, with choice of craft cocktails and Canadian beer and wine. Vegetarian-friendly.
- Bar/Lounge: Shared space with Bistro but partitioned with the stand-alone Bar. Same menu as Bistro. Designated bar seating offered in addition to tables and sofas surrounding a fireplace.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary.
- Room Service: Select menu – limited to several snack items, few wines, and one type of beer.
Juniper Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard ● Deluxe King ● King Suite ● King Suite with Fireplace ● 2-Bedroom Suite ● 3-Bedroom Suite ● Cabin
- Smoking Rooms: Juniper Hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: 3-Bedroom Penthouse Suite, located on the top floor, offers fantastic views and is perfect for a large group or family.
- For Families: No adjoining rooms. Most rooms/suites have 2 double beds. Cribs and special kids menu in the bistro.
Juniper Hotel – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. 4-minute drive (1 mile).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. 4-minute drive (1 mile).
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. 5-minute drive (1 mile).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. 5-minute drive (1 mile).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. 5-minute walk (1 mile).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. 6-minute drive (1.5 miles).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. 10-minute drive (2.5 miles).