Home > Moose Hotel & Suites Review
Updated: March 10, 2020
Moose Hotel & Suites – Warm, 4-star property in a convenient location.
This upscale and modern hotel in a good central downtown location features a fabulous rooftop patio with two outdoor hot tubs and a fire pit/lounge area, all with excellent mountain views. The modern and stylish lobby gives a warm and cozy vibe. The attractive guest rooms are well-appointed and share a moose-motif theme. The on-site Italian-inspired restaurant offers an open grill toast bar and a lovely outdoor patio situated along Banff Avenue. Nic perks include a full-service spa, bright indoor pool on the top floor, complimentary underground parking, and complimentary Banff Roam bus pass. The hotel is also pet and disabled-friendly.
Moose Hotel & Suites – Location
- Address: 345 Banff Ave, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1E8.
- Area: 5-minute walk (0.3 mile) to the heart of downtown Banff. Located on Banff Avenue.
Moose Hotel & Suites – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. Cribs available and special children’s menu at Pacini restaurant.
- Pet Policy: Pets allowed, max 3 per room. Complimentary pet bed, water and food bowls, take-home toy, and special treats. Pet charges are CA$25 per pet/per night. Pet approval is at the discretion of the hotel staff.
- View: Most rooms have mountain views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Laundry facilities on-site.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the property.
- Parking: Complimentary heated underground parking with 4 charging stalls. No valet.
- Extras: Complimentary Banff Roam Transit Bus Pass. All guest rooms have AC.
- When To Book: Book 4-6 months in advance for the summer and 6 months in advance for Christmas.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-866-379-0021/403-760-8570
- Email: reservati[email protected]
- Website: moosehotelandsuites.com
Moose Hotel & Suites – Amenities
- Pool: Two rooftop hot pools with fantastic mountain views. Outdoor fire pit and lounge area. Sauna located on the pool deck. Indoor heated pool. Hours: 6.30am–11pm.
- Spa: Full-service Meadow Spa & Pools with 10 treatment rooms. Private lounge area, outdoor hot tub, and fire pit for spa guests only.
- Fitness Center: Small but functional. Hours 6.30am-11pm.
- For Disabled Guests: Six Accessible Standard Rooms on the first floor with elevator access, roll-in showers, and 2 Queen beds each.
- For Families: Cribs are available. Special children’s menu in Pacini restaurant. Some rooms have 2 Queen beds. No adjoining rooms.
Moose Hotel & Suites – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Pacini – Italian fare in a family-friendly and warm atmosphere with modern décor. Outdoor patio with fire pit. Complimentary self-serve open grill Toast Bar with a nice selection of breads and butter spreads. Children’s menu plus brunch menu (weekends only). Hours: Daily 6.30am-11pm.
- Bar/Lounge: Bar/Lounge offers designated bar seating but shares the space with the restaurant.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary.
- Room Service: In-room menu from 7am-10pm.
Moose Hotel & Suites – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard (1 King/2 Queens) ● One Bedroom Suite (1 King/2 Queens) ● Rooftop One Bedroom Suite ● Rooftop Two Bedroom Suite ● The Corner House
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: All 1 and 2 Bedroom Suites have large living rooms with sofa beds, gas fireplaces, partial kitchens, and balconies. The Rooftop Two Bedroom Suite is the biggest and has the best views.
Moose Hotel & Suites – What’s Nearby
Best Nearby Restaurants
- BeaverTails – Popular spot for its unique pastries, freshly-baked on-site. Also ice creams, sundaes, and smoothies. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Bear Street Tavern – Family-friendly diner serving fantastic signature thin crust pizzas and other classics in a family-friendly atmosphere. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Magpie & Stump – Cozy and informal tavern-style restaurant with eclectic décor serving excellent and authentic Mexican fare with over 60 tequilas. Its rooftop patio is popular during the summer. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Wild Flour Bakery – Fresh breads, fresh coffee, surprising soups, and hearty sandwiches make this a fabulous and popular coffeeshop. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- La Terrazza – Upscale Italian restaurant located in the Banff Park Lodge. Quiet and cozy with delicious gourmet homemade pasta. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- The Juniper Bistro – Located in the Juniper Hotel, it offers a great menu, gourmet cuisine, and amazing mountain views. Try the Rockies Road dessert if you are a chocolate lover. 5-minute drive (1.5 miles).
Best Nearby Bars
- Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub – Classic hole-in-the-wall neighborhood pub in downtown Banff. Serves fantastic pub fare at affordable prices. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Maclab Bistro – Located in the The Banff Centre, this air and bright café and wine bar has huge windows and fabulous mountain views. The outdoor fireside patio overlooks the Banff Centre’s amphitheater. 20-minute walk (1 mile).