Moraine Lake Lodge – Sumptuous lodge by the magnificent blue Moraine Lake.
This remote and luxurious lodge is perched on the forested shoreline of the turquoise waters of Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. It’s incredibly scenic and all the rooms and cabins offer lake, forest, and mountain views. The setting is serene and peaceful as the lodge is the only development on the lake, situated at the end of a winding mountain road a short drive from the village of Lake Louise. All accommodations are stylish, cozy, and have a rustic flair, with most offering lovely wood-burning fireplaces. The restaurant is upscale and serves extraordinary cuisine. A delicious buffet breakfast, afternoon tea, canoes, and guided hikes are all complimentary. This calm oasis has no cell phone coverage or TVs and phones in any of the rooms or cabins. The lodge is open in the summer only.
Moraine Lake Lodge – Location
- Area: Moraine Lake Lodge is located on the shores of Moraine Lake in Banff National Park in remote wilderness, a 20-minute drive (15 km) from the Village of Lake Louise, 1 hour (70 km) from Banff, and 3 hours (200 km) from Calgary International Airport.
- Address: 1 Moraine Lake Rd, Lake Louise.
Moraine Lake Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. No cribs though small day beds can be made. No kids menu but the chef will happily prepare some children’s dishes on request.
- Pet Policy: No pets allows.
- View: All rooms and cabins face the lake, forest, and surrounding mountains.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: None.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi only in the lobby. Note: There is no cell coverage for about 3km (~2 miles). The main lodge has a computer kiosk with free internet access and a guest phone.
- Parking: Complimentary surface parking.
- Extras: Complimentary buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and cookies, use of canoes, and guided hikes to Consolation Lakes, Larch Valley, or Eiffel Lakes daily on a rotational basis.
- When to Book: Booking 6 months in advance is advisable. The lodge is open from June 1 to October 1 only.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-877-522-2777/403-522-3733
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: morainelake.com
Moraine Lake Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: The hotel layout is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- For Families: Cribs are available. Special children’s menu in Pacini restaurant. Some rooms have 2 Queen beds. No adjoining rooms.
Moraine Lake Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Walter Wilcox Dining Room – Upscale and elegant restaurant with a large selection of wines. Open for breakfast (7am-10.15am) and dinner (5.30-9pm) only. Complimentary afternoon tea (3pm-5pm) served in the library.
- Café: Snowshoe Café – On-site snack bar serving deli foods, hot and cold meals, beverages, and ice creams. Hours 8am-4.30pm.
- Bar/Lounge: Very small stand-up bar at the entrance to the restaurant.
- Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast served daily (7-10.15am) in the Walter Wilcox Dining Room restaurant. Complimentary afternoon tea, coffee, and cookies served daily (3–5pm) in the Library.
- Room Service: No room service.
Moraine Lake Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Lodge • Lodge Queen • Lodge Double • Wenkchemna Wing • Deluxe Twin Cabin • Deluxe King Cabin • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: Deluxe Cabins feature large, sunken sitting areas with river rock wood-burning fireplaces and private balconies facing the lake and the mountains.