• Location: 10th Street, Canmore, opposite Alpine Christian Church.
• Hotel website: paintboxlodge.com
• Hotel phone: 403-609-0482
Paintbox Lodge – Bijou boutique lodge in a prime location.
Just east of Banff lies the picturesque town of Canmore which is flanked by rugged mountains and appeals to travelers who are looking for fewer crowds and a more relaxed vibe. The Paintbox Lodge is a small boutique hotel with genuine small-town hospitality and features a country chic décor, lots of local artwork throughout, and a central location that is conveniently close to several restaurants and shops. The hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast with bread that is baked on-site daily, including delicious sourdough. A Miele coffee machine and an honesty bar are available round the clock in the Breakfast Room. Complimentary bicycles are provided and there are lots of biking/walking trails nearby. The hotel also offers chef-hosted kitchen parties.
Paintbox Lodge – Location
- Area: Located in downtown Canmore, 20 minutes (25 km) east of Banff and 1 hour (100 km) west of Calgary.
- Address: 629 10th Street, Canmore.
- Nearest Bus: Canmore Shoppers Drug Mart (200m).
Paintbox Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. Cribs available.
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed.
- View: All rooms have mountain views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Parking: Complimentary outdoor parking behind the hotel. No valet.
- Extras: 4 bicycles with helmets on first come, first served basis. Complimentary chocolates and hammocks in the room. No need to purchase a park pass as Canmore is just outside the boundary of Banff National Park.
- When to Book: Booking 4-6 months in advance is recommended.
- How to Book: Book directly through the hotel website.
- Phone: +1-888-678-2281/403-609-0482
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: paintboxlodge.com
Paintbox Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
Paintbox Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- Bar/Lounge: Honesty bar in the Breakfast Room, available 24/7.
- Breakfast: Complimentary hot breakfast in the Breakfast Room. Complimentary Miele coffee machine available round the clock.
- Room Service: No room service.
Paintbox Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio (sleeps 2) • Painter’s Valley (sleeps 2) • The Cabin Suite (sleeps 4-5) • The Wild Suite (sleeps 4-5) • The Artist Loft (sleeps 4)
- Smoking Rooms: Paintbox Lodge is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: All 5 rooms have their own special appeal. All come with soaking tubs and separate showers and offer mountain views. The Artist Loft has a corner tub for 2, Painter’s Valley Room offers the best views, and The Cabin Suite has a fireplace and opens onto the garden.
- For Families: The Loft and 2 Suites can sleep 4-5, so are ideal for families. No adjoining rooms. Cribs are available.