Home > Post Hotel & Spa Review
Updated: February 24, 2020
Post Hotel & Spa – Historic, high-end resort with several accolades over the years.
Located in the hamlet of Lake Louise, this upscale hotel has a country casual décor and offers a variety of cozy guest rooms and cabins, many with wood-burning fireplaces. There are three on-site eateries, including an award-winning restaurant and a massive wine cellar. The indoor heated saltwater pool, hot tub, steam room, and fitness room are all top-notch and there is also a full-service spa. The hotel is a mix of elegance and charm with loads of freshly-cut flowers throughout. Especially noteworthy are their impressive common areas; the library and the lobby extending to the patio and front lawns are the perfect spots for rest and relaxation. The grounds and gardens are gorgeous and well maintained and there is a lovely walking path along the Bow River which connects the hotel to the shops in the tiny village of Lake Louise. Afternoon tea and desserts are served daily in the lobby.
Post Hotel & Spa – Location
- Address: 200 Pipestone Road, Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada T0L 1E0.
- Area: In the village of Lake Louise. 10-minute drive (3 miles) to the stunning turquoise waters of Lake Louise – the perfect spot to rent a canoe in the summer or ice skate in the winter. 7-minute drive (2 miles) to the Lake Louise ski area.
Post Hotel & Spa – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. Travel beds for tots aged 2 and under.
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed.
- View: The front of the hotel offers mountain views. Rooms at the back overlook the creek, trees, and cabins. Cabins overlook the creek.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All rooms have jetted tubs with showers. Some rooms have separate jacuzzi tubs.
- Laundry: Available.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property.
- Parking: Free and ample outdoor parking. No valet.
- Extras: Complimentary shuttles to the Lake Louise ski area during ski season. A beautiful library where food and drinks can be ordered. Complimentary use of bicycles. Range of activities like biking, trekking, rock climbing, fly-fishing, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, guided hiking, and golfing in the summer; helicopter skiing, snowmobile tours, sleigh rides, dog sledding, snowshoeing tours, cross country skiing, ice skating, and downhill skiing in the winter.
- When To Book: Book 3-4 months in advance for July-August and Christmas.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-800-661-1586/403-522-3989
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: posthotel.com
Post Hotel & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor heated salt water pool, whirlpool, and steam room. Hours: 6am-9pm.
- Spa: Full service spa. Hours: 8am-9pm.
- Fitness Center: Large and well-equipped. Hours: 6am-9pm.
- For Disabled Guests: Accessible rooms and facilities available.
Post Hotel & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: The Dining Room – Award-winning, upscale restaurant with special vegetarian menu and huge wine cellar (32,000 bottles). Dress code. ● Fondue Stübli – Small, cozy room serving variety of Swiss-style fondues. Dinner only. ● The Outpost – Casual, English-style pub offering great pub fare and sports on TV.
- Café: Tea Time – Complimentary tea and coffee served daily in the lobby. Dessert cart available for a fee. Hours: 2–5pm.
- Bar/Lounge: Sir Norman Lounge – Light menu and live piano on weekends. Open daily from 2pm.
- Breakfast: Some 2 and 3-day packages include complimentary breakfast.
- Room Service: Breakfast can be ordered from the regular menu, lunch and dinner from The Outpost’s menu.
Post Hotel & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard (no fireplace) ● Deluxe ● Suite ● Post Lodge Suite (Loft with King bed) ● Fairview Cabin ● Whitehorn Cabin ● Temple Cabin ● Family Cabin (sleeps 8) ● Watson House (sleeps 10)
- Smoking Rooms: Post Hotel & Spa is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: All rooms, suites, and cabins have jetted tubs and wood-burning fireplaces (except Standard Rooms). East-facing rooms are quieter and face the forest and back lawns.
- For Families: There are 16 different room configurations, 4 cabins, and a house. Travel beds are available for babies. Wide range of activities for all ages.