Sunshine Mountain Lodge – Mountain-top boutique hotel with family-friendly rooms.
This hotel is in remote wilderness at Sunshine Village Ski Resort, a short drive from Banff, and can only be accessed by gondola. It is Banff National Park’s only ski-in/ski-out hotel, now open year-round. Summertime is popular for romantic getaways and those seeking a bit of adventure. Notably, the hotel features the largest outdoor year-round hot tub in Banff. There are numerous hiking trails at your doorstep and hiking guides are available for reasonable charges. The lodge has several on-site restaurants, including two that are modern and upscale and located in the Main Lodge, as well as a tavern-style bar/eatery. The rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable and offer terrific views. In winter, in addition to world-class skiing and snowboarding, the hotel also offers snowshoe tours and tobogganing.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge – Location
- Area: 8 km west of Banff (20-minute drive). Located at Sunshine Village Ski Resort and accessed by gondola only.
- Address: 1 Sunshine Access Road.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome. Cribs and playpens are available. Daycare (winter only), kids menus in all restaurants, and large family and activity rooms.
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed except service dogs.
- View: Rooms at the front of the hotel (West Wing and Main Lodge) overlook the ski runs, while rooms at the back offer alpine forest views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Premier Kings and Lofts have jetted tubs in the West Wing. Some suites in the Main Lodge have jetted tubs and steam showers.
- Laundry: Limited laundry services.
- Parking: Complimentary outdoor parking at the gondola base.
- Extras: Complimentary shuttle from the gondola base to the Banff town center runs every hour during the day (evenings also on Friday). Hotel staff handles all checked luggage before guests board the gondola. Complimentary gondola and lift tickets, complimentary equipment locker in the West Wing, and dressing rooms at the base check-in area for guests wanting to hit the slopes immediately on arrival.
- When to Book: Booking 2-4 months in advance is recommended.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +1-877-542-2633/403-762-6500
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: sunshinemountainlodge.com
Sunshine Mountain Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: No pool. Banff’s largest outdoor hot tub. Indoor sauna and cedar-lined dry sauna.
- Spa: Verde Day Spa in the Main Lodge offers basic treatments like massages and facials.
- Fitness Center: Small, basic fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Fully accessible property with multiple accessible rooms.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Eagle’s Nest Canadian Bistro – Upscale and modern with an elegant vibe. In the Main Lodge. Dinner only. • The Chimney Corner – Upscale, modern, and casual restaurant and lounge. Open for breakfast and dinner only. In the Main Lodge. • Mad Trapper’s Smokehouse – Tavern-style pub with an outdoor patio on the 2nd floor balcony. In the cabin next to the Main Lodge.
- Winter-only Restaurants: Creekside Bar + Grill – Pub-fare, specials, theme nights, and live music. In the Creekside Lodge. • Goat’s Eye Grill – Burgers, hot dogs, salads, and fries. In the Goat’s Eye Lodge. • The Alpine Grill – In the Lookout Lodge in the village. • Restaurant el Lookout – Italian menu, including large selection of vegetarian dishes. In the Lookout Lodge. • The Sunshine Burger Company – Small burgers and hot dogs joint, with a couple of vegetarian options as well. In the Lookout Lodge.
- Cafés: Java Lift Coffee Bar – Café offering Starbucks coffee and snacks in the Main Lodge. • First Tracks Café – Bagels, paninis, sandwiches, coffee, and beer. In the Creekside Lodge. ● Java Station – Located in the creekside lodge next to the gondola base. • Java Express – In the Lookout Lodge.
- Bar/Lounge: Mad Trapper’s Smokehouse and The Chimney Corner are also lounges.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary.
- Room Service: In-room menu available.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: West Wing Loft Rooms • West Wing Premier Rooms • Main Lodge Suites • Deluxe Balcony Rooms • Deluxe Waterfall Rooms • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Sunshine Mountain Lodge is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The West Wing Loft Rooms offer 3 double beds, 2 ensuite bathrooms (1 with a jetted tub), a gas fireplace, and stunning views.
- For Families: Adjoining rooms are available in both buildings. All West Wing rooms have 3 double beds and 2 bathrooms. Family and activity rooms, cribs and playpens, and complimentary activities such as snowshoe tour of Banff village and tobogganing. After hours at Mad Trapper’s for adults.