Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – Luxury cliff-side villas with superlative views.
This stylish resort is spread along a cliff and offers terrific views from everywhere. Secluded villas are elegantly furnished and feature open-air bathrooms with free-standing tubs. The extraordinary (but not uninterrupted) views reach as far as Mount Rinjani (on Lombok Island) on a clear day from wooden balconies broad enough for a table, chairs, and cozy sofa. The classy poolside restaurant and café perched above the sea also share the same remarkable views. The path within the resort is very steep (so buggies are provided), and it leads to a second infinity pool which boasts even more splendid panoramas. Jungutbatu and its numerous facilities and port for speedboats to/from Bali is just a short walk away.
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – The Location
- Area: Perched on a cliff along the southern end of the village, 200m away. Only accessible by steps and a stone path.
- Address: Jungutbatu village, on the island of Nusa Lembongan, about 40 minutes by speedboat from Bali (or longer from the Gili Islands).
- How to Get There: The only way to reach Nusa Lembongan island is by speedboat from Sanur or Padangbai in Bali, often with connections to the Gili Islands. Compare schedules and book online. Majority of the boats arrive at Jungutbatu, the main village, with most arrival/departure points within walking distance of the resort. And note: getting on/off these speedboats often involves wading through the water (many times at least knee-deep).
- Handy to: Jungutbatu village. Offices/terminals for speedboats to Bali and the Gili Islands.
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – The Basics
- Guests: Likes to attract families but facilities are more suitable for couples.
- Beach: The closest beach is at Jungutbatu village, about 150m away. Too many fishing boats in several places, but also white sand, calm water, and highly photogenic.
- Views: The resort faces the stunning cove and Jungutbatu village. Inevitably, most views are blocked to some degree by the backs of other villas. Those further up provide less unobstructed views but are more difficult to reach on foot (although buggies are provided).
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some villas and rooms feature private plunge pools, while a few have larger swimming pools.
- Extras: Day Lounge with a library for guests who arrive before check-in or have late flights home.
- Wi-Fi: Hefty charges for use in the rooms. Free within the restaurants, bars, and lobby.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)366 559 6377
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: batukaranglembongan.com
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools. The infinity pool at the lobby is a good size and faces the sea. Another further up the hill offers even more awe-inspiring views and a swim-up bar. A third alongside is for laps.
- Spa: Lulur Spa offers a steam room and impressive range of treatments. Popular, not just with guests.
- Fitness Center: No.
- Other Facilities: Moneychanger.
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Muntigs Bar & Restaurant – Refined International and Asian cuisine, and an extensive wine list. Faces the main pool. • The Deck Café & Bar – Magnificent setting, seemingly perched above the sea. Tasty light meals, pizzas, homemade cakes, coffee, and cocktails. • The Balcony – One level above The Deck for even more superb views. Perfect for sunsets and cocktails. • The Howff – The island’s premier lounge bar for whisky and wine.
- Breakfast: Most rates include breakfast.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 8 pm.
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Room • Double Room with Plunge Pool • 1 Bedroom Villa • Superior 1 Bedroom Villa with Plunge Pool • Suite • Suiteswith Pool • 3 Bedroom Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the accommodations. Ask management about dedicated areas.
- Best Room: The Suites with Pool are very secluded, with abundant windows maximizing light and views. Pools are large enough for swimming, not just plunging.
- For Families: Villas have up to 3 bedrooms and some offer connecting doors.
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Expect to do plenty of walking. Bicycles are a great option in and around Jungutbatu village, but nowhere else because of the hills and potholes, although the hotel does rent bikes.
- Other Transport: No cars are allowed on the island. However, motorbikes are easy to rent and a terrific way to explore the island – and with no police, licenses are not required. New ‘taxis’ (pickup trucks) ply the narrow roads, but most are commandeered by speedboat companies and hotels, so arrange a lift through the hotel, if required. Cumbersome drive-yourself buggies can be rented at Mushroom Bay, and boats can be chartered anywhere for a more scenic way to reach remote parts of the island.
Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Within a 2-minute stroll along the raised stone path leading to the villas are:
- Thai Pantry – Adorable newcomer, with a bar in a converted Volkswagen combi-van. Authentic food, awesome views, and live music most nights.
- Lembongan Reef – Classier than nearby rivals. Happy hours, coffee, and seafood at pleasing prices.
- Ware Ware Warung – Long-standing favorite and closest to the beach. Bar on a higher level and grills to delight.
- Kodul Beach Bar & Café – Beach level, 200m down the steps. Laidback vibe popular with surfers. Best place to hang out while waiting for speedboats to Bali.
Nearby Shops & Markets
- Enough minimarts and other low-key shops along the main street in Jungutbatu, about 500m away.
- Much of the beach at Jungutbatu is lined with boats, so for better swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing, walk about 300m further west along the stone path past the villas to the Crusoe-esque Selambung Beach (also known as Coconut Beach and Song Lambung Beach). More serious exploration of the underwater delights can be arranged through a few scuba-diving agencies in Jungutbatu.