• Location: Jalan Uluwatu, Yoga Perkanthi Lane, on Jimbaran beach.
• Hotel website: belmond.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 701 605
• Check prices for Jimbaran Puri
Jimbaran Puri – Hidden gem with angled palms across expansive beach frontage.
Fronting a magnificent stretch of powdery-white sand, this resort is designed like a Balinese village with villas and cottages dotted among manicured gardens adorned with traditional statues. The cottages are spacious and old-fashioned (in a good way). The secluded one and two-bedroom pool villas feature adorable Balinese décor and gorgeous wooden decking around a large private pool, while the main pool offers an ideal tropical setting. And the Jimbaran Puri is close to the main road and a short stroll to the renowned beachside cafés specializing in seafood.
Jimbaran Puri – The Location
- Area: Faces the beach about midway along Jimbaran, a surprisingly quiet region just south of the airport. Within walking distance of quality cafés along the main road and beach.
- Address: Jalan Uluwatu, Yoga Perkanthi Lane, Jimbaran. At the end of a quiet dead-end street to the beach and 300m from the main road.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This only takes about 15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Village with temple and market. Cafés on the sand for seafood dinners at sunset.
Jimbaran Puri – The Basics
- Guests: Likes to attract families but nothing is really set up for children. Most guests are couples, often over 40, probably attracted by the seclusion.
- Beach: Long and virtually private, the beach is uncrowded and curved with calm waters and white sand.
- Views: Cottages facing the sea are a little distant and windows undersized, so views are minimal. Others overlook the lawns and pool. Villas are secluded behind walls.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The pool villas feature substantial pools with lovely wooden decking.
- Parking: Some limited free and secure parking is available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 701 605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: belmond.com
Jimbaran Puri – Amenities
- Pool: The superb infinity pool is long, shimmering, and surrounded by shady palms and hammocks. Dedicated area for children.
- Spa: With intimate treatment rooms and massage tables outside, the Beach Spa is one of the finest in Jimbaran.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Activities: Cooking lessons. Yoga classes. Local tours (e.g. temple and fish market).
- Other Facilities: Library. Boutique.
Jimbaran Puri – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Nelayan Restaurant – Spectacular setting, spread across the sand 5m from the water. Seafood as well as Italian and French cuisine. • Tunkung Restaurant – Further back from the beach but still with sea views. For buffet breakfast and dinner only, with an intimate setting and Indonesian food. • Puri Bar – Alongside the beach and pool for a variety of cocktails, beers, and juices.
- Breakfast: Included in many rates but check when booking.
- Room Service: Available between 6 am and 10 pm.
Jimbaran Puri – Rooms
- Room Types: Luxury Cottage • Pool Villa • Deluxe Pool Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in or around the cottages or villas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Deluxe Pool Villas are secluded, spacious, opulent, and beautifully decorated with Balinese arts and crafts. The private pool is substantial, surrounded by wooden decking and designed with spouts.
- For Families: Some villas have 2 bedrooms and a private pool.
Jimbaran Puri – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With flat roads and less traffic than other regions, walking around Jimbaran is pleasant and often quicker via the beach than the road. Cycling is also easy but few places offer rentals.
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Jimbaran with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing. Shuttle bus companies (e.g. Perama) that service Kuta and Sanur don’t bother coming to Jimbaran.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Taxis ply the main road and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, nor is hiring a motorbike for traveling around this part of the south. All transport options can be arranged at the hotel.
Jimbaran Puri – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
More than a dozen seafood cafés are clustered at the end of Jalan Pemelisan Agung street, about 300m north of the resort via the beach. See Attractions below.
- Joglo Restaurant – Inviting café/bar along the sand and under shady trees. In the neighboring Keraton resort, a 2-minute stroll north along the beach.
- Akua de Bilbao Tapas Bar, Restaurant, & Sunset Lounge – About 400m north via the beach, this delightful, modern, and airy bistro offers tapas and fine-dining all day.
- The Open House Bali – About 100m up the street from the Akua, a cute café offering hearty serves of Indonesian food as well as salads, sandwiches, and coffee.
Shops & Market
- Enough minimarts along the main road, 300m up the side street, but few other shops of interest in the immediate area. The Jimbaran Market is at the main intersection, 700m north via the road. Opposite the market is the village temple.
- A highlight of any trip to Bali is dinner at sunset on the sand in Jimbaran. With wandering musicians, fireworks, and traditional dances, this should not be missed. Cafés set up from 4 pm at several places along the beach (including the end of Jalan Pemelisan Agung street, 300m north of the resort), but most are also open all day. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood, but other meals are available.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter