Best Western Aramis is a good budget hotel in a great 6th arrondissement location. As in many budget Paris hotels, rooms here are small, but modern and well-maintained bathrooms, air-conditioning, elevator, and a great location more than make up for it. A continental breakfast buffet is offered daily, in a bright, modern space that also accommodates a small wine bar. Conveniently located on Rue de Rennes shopping street, steps from Saint Placide Metro station, a 7-minute stroll to the Luxembourg Gardens, and an easy walk to the shops, restaurants, and sights of Saint Germain.
Best Western Aramis – The Basics
- Location: Sits in the center of the shopping street Rue de Rennes, equidistant from St-Germain des Prés and Montparnasse. Saint-Placide Metro Station is a half block from the hotel; Rennes and Montparnasse Stations are both within a 5-minute walk.
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Superior Triple rooms have a double bed and a twin. Cribs and rollaway beds are not available. Babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Front-facing rooms have nice street views. Otherwise, views are likely to be of stairwells or other buildings.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: No on-site parking. Reduced rates are available at nearby self-serve, public parking: Indigo Parking Rennes Montparnasse.
- Nice Perks: Laundry facilities, complimentary weekday newspapers, complementary afternoon wine and tea tasting.
- Phone: +33 1 45 48 03 75
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Due to its great location and affordable rates, the Best Western Aramis books quickly. I recommend reserving your room at least a month in advance, especially for April to October and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Best Western Aramis – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Best Western Aramis – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No on-site restaurant.
- Lounge/Bar: A comfortable lobby lounge/wine bar hosts complementary afternoon wine and tea tasting, and doubles as the breakfast room.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. “Express” (juice, espresso or tea, pastry – 6€) and “Energy” (juice, espresso or tea, fruit salad, bread, cheese, yogurt, eggs, cereal – 15€) breakfast service is available daily in the lobby lounge. A continental breakfast (juice, fruit salad, espresso, tea, or hot chocolate; baguette and artisan pastries, cheese) is available in-room only for 13€.
- Room Service: No room service outside of optional continental breakfast service.
Best Western Aramis – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Double • Comfort Double • Comfort Twin • Superior Double • Superior Twin • Superior Triple • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Best Western Aramis is a non-smoking property.
- Best Room: Superior Rooms are largest, and offer the possibility of a accommodating three people. Those at the front of the hotel will have nice street views.
Best Western Aramis – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- 3-hour Chocolate & Pastry Tour – A great Paris walking tour of the high-end pastry and chocolate shops in Saint Germain. 8-minute walk to tour starting point.
- Montparnasse Tower – Experience the best views of Paris from the 56th floor and open-air roof terrace of Montparnasse Tower. 9-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Georgette – Excellent and reasonably-priced gastropub near Luxembourg Gardens. 5-minute walk.
- La Maison du Jardin – Authentic French cuisine with a fantastic, well-edited wine list. 5-minute walk.
- Le Relais de L’Entrecôte – Classic steak frites are the only thing on the menu at this popular restaurant chain/Paris institution. 8-minute walk.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch. 9-minute walk.
- Joséphine Chez Dumonet – Traditional bistro, well known for their beef Bourguignon. 9-minute walk.
- Toyo – High end French/Japanese fusion, 99€ tasting menu. 9-minute walk.
- L’Avant Comptoir du Marché – Fun spot for Spanish small plates. 13-minute walk.
- Cafe de Flore – Go there for the ambience and history (hangout of Picasso, Sartre, Hemingway, Capote, Camus, et al); the food is fine, but overpriced. 13-minute walk.
- Les Deux Magots – Historic hang-out of Hemingway and Sartre. Charming atmosphere, delicious croque monsieur. 13-minute walk.
- Il Forno Di Napoli – Wonderful family-run spot for great Neapolitan pizza and pasta. 15-minute walk.
- Semilla – Award-winning contemporary French cooking in the heart of Saint Germain. Reasonable prices, an extensive wine list. 16-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Le vin en Bouche – Intimate neighborhood wine bar with a great food menu and knowledgeable staff. 3-minute walk.
- Little Temple Bar – Friendly Irish pub in Saint-Germain. 13-minute walk.
- The Frog & Princess – French craft beer, sports bar vibe. 13-minute walk.
- Prescription Cocktail Club – Great cocktails at this hole-in-the-wall speakeasyish spot. No sign on the door – look for no. 23. 19-minute walk.
Cool Shops Nearby
- La Grande Epicerie de Paris – One of the best shops in Paris for gourmet food gifts. 6-minute walk.
- Le Bon Marché – Historic upscale department store, specializing in luxury fashion brands. 7-minute walk.
- Galeries Lafayette Montparnasse – Department store with famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. A range of price points represented, with lots of options for clothing, housewares, gourmet foods, and wine. 8-minute walk.
- La Pâtisserie des Rêves – Cotton candy pink pastry shop, known for their Paris-Brest. 10-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Saint-Placide – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products. 1-minute walk.
- La Grande Epicerie de Paris – One of the best spots in Paris for gourmet food gifts and take-out. 6-minute walk.
- G20 Supermarket – Mini-mart selling fruits, vegetables, and grocery staples. 6-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Jardin du Luxembourg – 7-minute walk.
- Montparnasse Tower – 9-minute walk.
- Saint Germain des Pres Quarter – 12-minute walk.
- Church of Saint-Germain-des-Pres – 13-minute walk.
- Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art – 17-minute walk.
- Montparnasse Cemetery – 18-minute walk.
- Cluny Museum – 19-minute walk.
- Rodin Museum – 19-minute walk.
- Catacombs of Paris – 22-minute walk.