Best Western Aramis Saint-Germain is a good budget hotel in a great 6th arrondissement location. As in many budget Paris hotels, rooms here are small, but modern and well-maintained bathrooms, air-conditioning, elevator, and a great location more than make up for it. A continental breakfast buffet is offered daily, in a bright, modern space that also accommodates a small wine bar. Conveniently located on Rue de Rennes shopping street, steps from Saint Placide Metro station, a 7-minute stroll to the Luxembourg Gardens, and an easy walk to the shops, restaurants, and sights of Saint Germain.
Best Western Aramis – Location
Sits in the center of the shopping street Rue de Rennes, equidistant from St-Germain des Prés and Montparnasse. Luxembourg Garden and the Latin Quarter are nearby.
- Address: 124 Rue de Rennes.
- Nearest Metro: Saint-Placide (1-minute walk), Rennes (3-minute walk), Notre-Dame-des-Champs (4-minute walk)
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €60, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €65 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Best Western Aramis – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Superior Triple rooms have a double bed and a twin. Cribs and rollaway beds are not available. Babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Front-facing rooms have nice street views. Otherwise, views are likely to be of stairwells or other buildings.
- Parking: No on-site parking. Reduced rates are available at nearby self-serve, public parking: Indigo Parking Rennes Montparnasse.
- Nice Perks: Laundry facilities, complimentary weekday newspapers, complementary afternoon wine and tea tasting.
- When to Book: Due to its great location and affordable rates, the Best Western Aramis books quickly. I recommend reserving your room at least a month in advance, especially for April to October and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com< will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 45 48 03 75
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hotel-aramis.com
Best Western Aramis – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Best Western Aramis – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No on-site restaurant.
- Lounge/Bar: A comfortable lobby lounge/wine bar hosts complementary afternoon wine and tea tasting, and doubles as the breakfast room.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. “Express” (juice, espresso or tea, pastry – 6€) and “Energy” (juice, espresso or tea, fruit salad, bread, cheese, yogurt, eggs, cereal – 15€) breakfast service is available daily in the lobby lounge. A continental breakfast (juice, fruit salad, espresso, tea, or hot chocolate; baguette and artisan pastries, cheese) is available in-room only for 13€.
- Room Service: No room service outside of optional continental breakfast service.
Best Western Aramis – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Double • Comfort Double • Comfort Twin • Superior Double • Superior Twin • Superior Triple • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Best Western Aramis is a non-smoking property.
- Best Room: Superior Rooms are largest, and offer the possibility of accommodating 3 people. Those at the front of the hotel will have nice street views.
Best Western Aramis – What’s Nearby?
- Georgette – Excellent and reasonably-priced gastropub near Luxembourg Gardens.
- La Maison du Jardin – Authentic French cuisine with a fantastic, well-edited wine list.
- Le Relais de L’Entrecôte – Classic steak frites are the only thing on the menu at this popular restaurant chain/Paris institution.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch.
- Joséphine Chez Dumonet – Traditional bistro, well known for their beef Bourguignon.
- Toyo – High end French/Japanese fusion, 99€ tasting menu.
- L’Avant Comptoir du Marché – Fun spot for Spanish small plates.
- Cafe de Flore – Go there for the ambience and history (hangout of Picasso, Sartre, Hemingway, Capote, Camus, et al); the food is fine, but overpriced.
- Les Deux Magots – Historic hang-out of Hemingway and Sartre. Charming atmosphere, delicious croque monsieur.
- Il Forno Di Napoli – Wonderful family-run spot for great Neapolitan pizza and pasta.
- Semilla – Award-winning contemporary French cooking in the heart of Saint Germain. Reasonable prices, an extensive wine list.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Le vin en Bouche – Intimate neighborhood wine bar with a great food menu and knowledgeable staff.
- Little Temple Bar – Friendly Irish pub in Saint-Germain.
- The Frog & Princess – French craft beer, sports bar vibe.
- Prescription Cocktail Club – Great cocktails at this hole-in-the-wall speakeasyish spot. No sign on the door – look for no. 23.
Cool Shops Nearby
- La Grande Epicerie de Paris – One of the best shops in Paris for gourmet food gifts.
- Le Bon Marché – Historic upscale department store, specializing in luxury fashion brands.
- Galeries Lafayette Montparnasse – Department store with famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. A range of price points represented, with lots of options for clothing, housewares, gourmet foods, and wine.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Saint-Placide – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products.
- La Grande Epicerie de Paris – One of the best spots in Paris for gourmet food gifts and take-out.
- G20 Supermarket – Mini-mart selling fruits, vegetables, and grocery staples.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Montparnasse Tower
- Saint-Germain-des-Pres Quarter
- Church of Saint-Germain-des-Pres
- Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art
- Montparnasse Cemetery
- Cluny Museum
- Rodin Museum
- Catacombs of Paris
Best Western Aramis – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train