B Nineteen – Friendly boutique-style guesthouse with striking views in a quiet suburb.
This is a real gem, pleasantly located within a middle-class housing estate. All rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, with balconies/porches that are virtually private. Adding to the attraction are the modern bathrooms, full-length windows that help make the rooms so bright and airy, and a rooftop terrace with unrivaled views of Humayun’s Tomb and its extensive gardens, which is especially dramatic at night. Guests can order meals through the staff or use the kitchen themselves. What’s more, it’s close enough to the railway station to hear the express services to/from Agra, but rooms overall are quiet inside.
B Nineteen – The Location
- Address: Handily, the guesthouse is partially named after its address: B-19, Arab Ki Sarai Road, Nizamuddin East. In the inner south-eastern suburbs. Also called ‘Jaipur Estate’ at the entrance near the train station.
- Nearest Metro: Hazrat Nizamuddin metro station (600m), attached to the train station.
- Area: Within a large middle-class housing estate of quiet, clean, safe, and shady streets. A few facilities nearby, and walkable to a major railway station.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station, and get a connection to the Hazrat Nizamuddin metro station (600m from the guesthouse). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about 45 minutes (22 km). The Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station (for services to/from Agra) is only 400m.
- Handy to: Humayun’s Tomb. Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
B Nineteen – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for all, and the size and tranquility would appeal to families.
- Views: Most rooms face a park across the lane or other buildings. Not quite high enough for proper views of the tomb because of the wall, but still quite dramatic at night.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at a low-key guesthouse like this in Delhi.
- Kitchen: Guests can use the facilities at the guesthouse.
- Extras: Tea/coffee served to the room or private balcony/porch anytime.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4182 5500
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: bnineteen.com
B Nineteen – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided.
- Other Facilities: Book exchange. Laundry. Yoga classes on request.
B Nineteen – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: No café expected (or provided) at this small guesthouse, but meals can be pre-ordered. Best served on the wonderful rooftop terrace when the tomb across the road is illuminated. Romantic candlelit tables are also available for an extra charge.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates and served on the balcony/porch of each room.
- Room Service: Tea/coffee served anytime and meals can be ordered, but otherwise no room service.
B Nineteen – Rooms
- Room Types: Rooms are not categorized. Each is individually named, and all are priced the same. • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The best rooms are on the upper floors, with private balconies partially overlooking the tomb complex.
- For Families: Space for at least 1 extra single bed in each room. Ask the helpful management about other configurations needed.
B Nineteen – Local Transport
- Walking: The streets and footpaths in the general area are comparatively clean, safe, and quiet, and it’s an interesting area for a stroll.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The nearest station is at Hazrat Nizamuddin (600m) and attached to the train station. Best to get an auto-rickshaw because of the confusing street layout.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find, while those at the railway station are black and yellow. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere, and around the train station are many cycle-rickshaws.
- Train: The Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station (400m) offers many daily express services to/from Agra. It’s within earshot of the guesthouse, but access is convoluted so take an auto-rickshaw.
B Nineteen – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Not a great choice in this suburban area.
- Cafe Turtle – Adorable and brightly colored. Western food, including pasta, salads, and sandwiches, as well as homemade pastries and cakes. Also a bookstore. Turn right, and right again from the guesthouse gate. (150m).
- Dastarkhwan-e-Karim +91 (0)11 4182 7871 – Extremely popular among locals for kebabs and other Arabic and Indian food. Ask for directions at the guesthouse. (1 km).
Nearby Shops & Markets
- A handful of basic stores along the road to the train station, about 300m from the guesthouse. Frenetic market at the train station.
- Directly opposite the guesthouse and easy to see from the rooftop terrace is the UNESCO-listed Humayun’s Tomb (open daily from sunrise to sunset). Created during the mid-16th century (before the Taj Mahal), the buildings were recently renovated and the gardens are majestic. The ticket entrance is on the main road. (1.5 km).
B Nineteen – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Hyatt Regency
- Ibis Aerocity
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT
- Le Méridien
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Lodhi
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai