• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
Los Cabos with Kids – Tips and Recommendations
- The best pastor tacos in Los Cabos are at El Gran Pastor (no seats, just stand and eat along the sidewalk). Delicious!
- The best restaurant in Cabo San Lucas is Edith’s (near but not on the beach).
- The best restaurant in San Jose del Cabo is La Lupita (great food and a fun, trendy atmosphere).
- The Los Tamarindos Cooking Course (an organic farm just outside of San Jose del Cabo) is lots of fun, kid-friendly (sort of), and delicious.
- The best zip line is at El Tule Canyon (about 15 minutes from both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo).
- The Cabo Half-Day Luxury Sailing Adventure with Snorkeling is excellent. Cruise around the rocky headland with open bar and lunch on board. Staff is helpful and friendly. Easy to find in the marina in Cabo San Lucas.
Kid Friendly Hotels in Los Cabos, Mexico
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
1. Cabo Surf Hotel and Spa – Corridor, Palmilla – Luxury
Upscale yet casual family-friendly boutique on a long, sandy beach in a cove. The hotel offers connecting rooms and large suites, up to three-bedrooms with full kitchens. The attached surf school offers classes for ages six and up. All-day dining, two pools, two hot tubs, and a cozy spa.
2. Hilton Los Cabos – Corridor, Tequila Cove – Luxury
Contemporary resort with exceptional pools, accommodations, and a swathe of activities. The kids’ club for ages 4-12 hosts piñata parties, Mexican crafts, and activities. Two 24-hour pools overlook a swimmable beach. Rooms are spacious, beginning at 50 square meters, all with private balconies and some with outdoor Jacuzzis.
3. Villa La Estancia – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – Luxury
Located on sandy, swimmable Medano Beach, with cascading pools and five Jacuzzis. This hacienda-style resort offers spacious suites with up to three bedrooms and full kitchens. Guests here have access to the restaurants, pools, and waterslides at both neighboring sister properties. Full meal plans optional.
4. Grand Fiesta Americana – Corridor, Cabo del Sol – Luxury
Family-friendly, all-inclusive boasting six pools, four whirlpools, and fifteen bars and restaurants. The resort offers spacious two-bedroom suites, plus villas with full kitchens and up to four bedrooms. Direct beach access offers great opportunity for strong swimmers to snorkel, bit is not suitable for beginning swimmers.
5. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos – San Jose, Hotel Zone – Luxury
All-inclusive resort with four pools, a kids’ splash playground, teen game room, and nightly entertainment. Spacious rooms and two-bedroom suites all include a private terrace; connecting, swim up, or club level options available. Sixteen unique restaurants and bars offer a variety of foods, including Mexican, French, and Japanese, along with a 24 hour cantina.
6. Sheraton Grand Hacienda del Mar – Corridor, Cabo del Sol – Luxury
Colonial-style resort with five pools, including a kids’ pool with waterfalls and slides. Enormous suites with up to four bedrooms and two floors can sleep up to ten. Their amazing kids’ club offers pool time, Spanish lessons, and even camping.
7. Casa Dorada Los Cabos – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – Mid-range
One of my favorite resorts for families in Los Cabos. The main draw is Medano Beach which has the best swimming in the area as the water here is protected by the headland. The pool is great, the vibe friendly, and downtown Cabo San Lucas is a short walk away. One Bedroom Suites are perfect for a family of 4. Two Bedroom Suites can sleep a family of 6. (The hotel does share the stretch of beach with a few party bars but it’s never that crazy and if you’re back at the pool or your room it’s not a bother at all.) Hotel phone: +52 624 163-5757
8. Sandos Finisterra – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – Mid-range
All-inclusive, family-friendly resort with three swimming pools, a nightclub, and a spa. Connecting rooms and large suites are available, some with private terrace Jacuzzis. Its small kids club has activities for younger children. Just a short walk into Downtown, though a taxi is best to get back up the hill.
9. Bahia Hotel and Beach House – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – Mid-range
Trendy boutique hotel with a free form pool, great restaurants, and beach club on swimmable Medano Beach. Newly renovated two-bedrooms suites or connecting rooms area available. Classic rooms and suites are cheaper and have kitchenettes. Amazing location is walking distance to everything in Downtown Cabo, including the marina and plaza.