Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – Modern 4-star hotel in a great downtown location.
Stylish downtown hotel with amazing views of the Bow River. Rooms and suites are modern, spacious, comfortable, and well-appointed, and some even feature jetted tubs. The in-house restaurant shares space, with a bar and a very inviting lounge area, is family-friendly and has a relaxed, casual atmosphere. The hotel is in an ideal location, with excellent proximity to the Bow River and RiverWalk, popular for walking, jogging, and biking. It is also interconnected to the +15 walkway, just steps to Olympic Plaza, and a short walk to Stephen Avenue and the arts and entertainment district, including Glenbow Museum and Theatre Calgary.
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – Location
- Area: Corner of 1st Street SE and 4th Avenue SE. 3 blocks to Telus Convention Centre (700m), 2 blocks to Bow River and RiverWalk (300m), and 2 blocks to Chinatown (500m). Close to the CTrain (light rail) station for easy access to Calgary Zoo, Calgary Stampede, and Saddledome arena. Across the street from Olympic Plaza with a children’s outdoor waterpark and outdoor ice rink (seasonal). The hotel is interconnected to +15 skyway (enclosed above-ground walkway).
- Address: 209 4th Ave SE.
- Nearest CTrain: City Hall (500m).
- How to Get There: Catch the CTrain to City Hall (500m). Note: The downtown CTrain corridor along 7th Avenue is free (no fare required 24/7) and leashed dogs can travel on the CTrain for free.
- Handy to: Calgary Tower, Stephen Avenue Walk, RiverWalk, Prince’s Island Park, CORE Shopping Centre.
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available. Children’s menu in the restaurant.
- Pet Policy: Up to 2 pets per room for a combined weight of 23kg (50lbs). CA$35 per stay up to 5 nights/CA$210 for 6+ nights.
- View: Amazing river views (north) and excellent city views (south) from higher floors.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis. Rooms on the lower floors have bathtubs; some have jetted tubs.
- Laundry: Valet dry-cleaning services available.
- Parking: Nightly on-site valet parking for CA$32 (self CA$22) Sunday-Thursday and CA$25 (self CA$15) Friday-Saturday.
- Extras: Complimentary bottled water. All rooms have windows that open to let in fresh air.
- When to Book: Book 2-3 months in advance for May-September, and 6 months in advance for the Calgary Stampede.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 403-266-1980
- Email: Send email via the Marriott website.
- Website: marriott.com
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor pool and hot tub.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Large, well-equipped fitness center with separate yoga studio. Open 24/7.
- For Disabled Guests: Some mobility accessible rooms.
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Shoe & Canoe Public House – Large and airy open space offering family-style dining with a Canadian menu. Shared space with a lounge area and designated bar seating. Open 6.30 am-midnight (1 am Friday and Saturday).
- Café: There is a Starbucks on-site.
- Bar/Lounge: Shoe & Canoe Public House includes a full-service bar with designated seating, craft beers, and signature cocktails. The shared lounge area has comfy seating, including sofas. Try the in-house Stargazer Irish Pale Ale.
- Breakfast: Full American breakfast for CA$17. Grab-n-Go breakfast from CA$12.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service from a limited menu (Simple Eats) and packed in a to-go bag.
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – Rooms
- Room Types: Guest Room (1 King/2 Queens) • Deluxe Guest Room (1 King/2 Queens) • Junior Suite • 1 Bedroom Junior Suite • Studio Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The 1 Bedroom Junior Suite has a separate living room with a dining area and a sofa bed and can sleep 4 comfortably. Rooms on the lower floors have bathtub-shower combos and those on the higher floors offer amazing city/river views. Marriott Platinum members can access Elite Pantry, open 24/7, and enjoy complimentary snacks and lounge access. Note: Access cannot be purchased, only earned via member points.
- For Families: Many rooms can sleep up to 4 people as they either have 2 double beds or a double bed and a sofa bed. Adjoining rooms are available.
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – What’s Nearby
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Calgary Downtown Intro Walking Tour – Excellent walking tour of Calgary’s downtown and its history, public art, sculptures, +15 skywalk system, and Chinatown. Starting point: Calgary Municipal Plaza (600m).
- Xploring Calgary Bus Tour – Very interesting and informative bus tour (passenger van, 12 guests) of Canada Olympic Park, Lougheed House, Stampede Park, Fort Calgary, and downtown Calgary. Starting point: Calgary Tower (750m).
- Stampede Art and Wild West Walking Tour – This excellent walking tour highlights Calgary Stampede’s history, the wall murals and sculptures on the Stampede grounds, chuckwagon races, and the rodeo. Starting point: Stampede Gate inside Stampede Grounds (1.5 km).
Best Nearby Restaurant
- Charbar – Upscale restaurant focused around its Argentine wood-fired grill and located in the magnificently-restored historic Simmons building. (800m).
Best Nearby Cafés
- Phil & Sebastian – Located on Stephen Avenue Walk. They are proudly coffee-obsessed and brew fresh coffee right in front of the customers. (700m).
- Sidewalk Citizen Bakery – Serves an excellent range of organic sourdough bread, pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads. Located in the Simmons building. (800m).
Best Nearby Bar
- James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant – Authentic Irish pub in a historic building on Stephen Avenue Walk. This place hops non-stop, especially on weekend evenings. (700m).
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling – This contemporary brew pub offers its own brand of in-house beer and delicious pub-fare. Happy hour every day 2-6pm. (2 km).
- Trolley 5 – Two-level brewery where you can watch the brewing process from any seat. Outdoor patio spills onto the sidewalk and the hustle and bustle of 17th Avenue. (2.5 km).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Stephen Avenue Walk – Pedestrian mall that’s an energetic mix of retail, historical, and cultural destinations – all located on 8 Avenue SW, between 4 Street SW and 1 Street SE. (500m).
- CORE Shopping Centre – 140+ stores spanning several city blocks, including the flagship stores of Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Simons, and The Bay. Home to the Devonian Gardens. Weekends: Free parking for the first 3 hours (starting at mall opening) and a CA$2 flat rate applies thereafter. Weekdays: Free parking after 3 pm. Valet parking is complimentary, however parking fare (for stall) will still apply. (1 km).
- Calgary Tower – Observation tower offering fantastic 360-degree views of the city. For the brave, there is an area with a glass floor looking straight down. Also a restaurant/lounge which offers a full rotating view of the city as it revolves once every 45 minutes during lunchtime and every hour during dinner service. Tip: Your elevation fare is complimentary when you order an entrée from the restaurant. (750m).
- Studio Bell, National Music Centre – Museum of instruments and memorabilia with interactive exhibits for all ages. Test how good your singing really is in the sound booth, play various instruments, and tour the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Tons of cool artifacts. Some fun exhibits for the kids in the Bodyphonic gallery, especially where the room is the instrument and you see sound move as you use your hands and feet to control the tone. The kids love this one. (1 km).
- Devonian Gardens – The top level of CORE shopping center is home to Devonian Gardens, a large and popular indoor botanical garden with a children’s play area. (1 km).
- Prince’s Island Park – Beautiful and popular island park with picnic spots and several gardens, and also where several festivals are held, including Canada Day celebrations and Calgary Folk Festival. The only way to get to the island is via one of the many pedestrian bridges. The bike and pedestrian Peace Bridge nearby is an architectural marvel. (1 km).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Sunterra Market Keynote – Grocery store with gourmet cafeteria-style self-serve, including a coffee bar, large salad bar, and a variety of ready-made meals. 3rd-floor restaurant, MARKETBar, is a full-service bar/restaurant offering a rooftop patio with city views. (1 km).
- Safeway – Large supermarket with deli, bakery, and on-site Starbucks. (2 km).
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown – The Hotel
All Calgary Hotel Reviews
- Alt Hotel Calgary East Village
- Calgary Marriott Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Fairmont Palliser
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown
- Hotel Arts
- Hotel Arts Kensington
- Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Le Germain Hotel
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- The Westin Calgary