Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – Convenient, comfortable, and casual all-suite downtown hotel.
Homewood Suites is a boutique all-suite hotel in Calgary’s revitalized East Village. This historic area is currently undergoing a huge transformation where hip eateries, several live music venues, and attractions like Studio Bell, National Musical Centre and the new Central Library are all packed together. The hotel is a short walk to downtown and the many restaurants, bars, and boutiques along Stephen Avenue Walk, including the CORE Shopping Centre. The suites are spacious, modern, clean, and comfortable, and include full kitchens, complimentary breakfast, and grocery service.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – Location
- Area: Corner of 7th Avenue SE & 4th Street SE in East Village. Across the street from City Hall and close to the CTrain station, Studio Bell (150m), and RiverWalk (500m) along the Bow and Elbow rivers.
- Address: 711 4th Street SE.
- Nearest CTrain: City Hall (250m).
- How to Get There: Catch the CTrain to City Hall (250m). Note: The downtown CTrain corridor along 7th Avenue is free (no fare required 24/7) and leashed dogs can travel on the CTrain for free.
- Handy to: Calgary Tower, Stephen Avenue Walk, RiverWalk, Prince’s Island Park, CORE Shopping Centre.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available on request. Limited children’s menu (3 options) in the restaurant.
- Pet Policy: Pets are allowed for a non-refundable CA$75 deposit. Only 1 dog per room weighing up to a maximum of 25 lbs.
- View: City views from all rooms.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Coin-operated laundry.
- Parking: Valet parking CA$38 per day.
- Extras: Rooftop terrace with 2 barbeques. Business center. Full-size kitchens including dishwasher (but no oven) in all rooms. Complimentary hot breakfast. Complimentary appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks during the evening socials, Monday through Thursday. Complimentary grocery shopping service (fill out your grocery list for delivery to your room by 6pm).
- When to Book: Book 4-5 months in advance, especially for the Calgary Stampede.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 587-352-5500
- Email: Send a message online at help.hilton.com.
- Website: hilton.com
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor pool and hot tub.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7.
- For Disabled Guests: ADA-compliant hotel with accessible rooms and bathrooms.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Garden Grille – Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Casual restaurant with limited children’s options.
- Bar/Lounge: The restaurant has a full bar.
- Breakfast: Complimentary hot breakfast daily 9.30am-11.30am. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens.
- Room Service: Room service from 5pm-midnight.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 King Studio Suite • 1 King Studio Suite with View • 2 Queen Studio Suite • 2 Queen Studio Suite Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The Queen Suites are more spacious and the King Suites with View offer better views. All suites come with fully-equipped kitchens.
- For Families: The Queen Suites can sleep 6 and come with full kitchens.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown – What’s Nearby
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Calgary Downtown Intro Walking Tour – Excellent walking tour of Calgary’s downtown and its history, public art, sculptures, +15 skywalk system, and Chinatown. Starting point: Calgary Municipal Plaza (300m).
- Xploring Calgary Bus Tour – Very interesting and informative bus tour (passenger van, 12 guests) of Canada Olympic Park, Lougheed House, Stampede Park, Fort Calgary, and downtown Calgary. Starting point: Calgary Tower (1 km).
- Stampede Art and Wild West Walking Tour – This excellent walking tour highlights Calgary Stampede’s history, the wall murals and sculptures on the Stampede grounds, chuckwagon races, and the rodeo. Starting point: Stampede Gate inside Stampede Grounds (1 km).
Best Nearby Restaurants
- King Eddy – Originally built in 1905, this restaurant and bar has been painstakingly restored to its original glory. Part of Studio Bell, it features the Rolling Stones Mobile Recording Studio and live music every night. (150m).
- Charbar – Upscale restaurant focused around its Argentine wood-fired grill and located in the magnificently-restored historic Simmons building. (400m).
Best Nearby Cafés
- Phil & Sebastian – Also located in the Simmons building. They are proudly coffee-obsessed and brew fresh coffee right in front of the customers. (400m).
- Sidewalk Citizen Bakery – Serves an excellent range of organic sourdough bread, pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads. Located in the Simmons building. (400m).
Best Nearby Bar
- James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant – Authentic Irish pub in a historic building on Stephen Avenue Walk. This place hops non-stop, especially on weekend evenings. (800m).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Stephen Avenue Walk – Pedestrian mall that’s an energetic mix of retail, historical, and cultural destinations – all located on 8 Avenue SW, between 4 Street SW and 1 Street SE. (600m).
- CORE Shopping Centre – 140+ stores spanning several city blocks, including the flagship stores of Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Simons, and The Bay. Home to the Devonian Gardens. Weekends: Free parking for the first 3 hours (starting at mall opening) and a CA$2 flat rate applies thereafter. Weekdays: Free parking after 3 pm. Valet parking is complimentary, however parking fare (for stall) will still apply. (1 km).
- Studio Bell, National Music Centre – Museum of instruments and memorabilia with interactive exhibits for all ages. Test how good your singing really is in the sound booth, play various instruments, and tour the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Tons of cool artifacts. Some fun exhibits for the kids in the Bodyphonic gallery, especially where the room is the instrument and you see sound move as you use your hands and feet to control the tone. The kids love this one. (150m).
- Calgary Tower – Observation tower offering fantastic 360-degree views of the city. For the brave, there is an area with a glass floor looking straight down. Also a restaurant/lounge which offers a full rotating view of the city as it revolves once every 45 minutes during lunchtime and every hour during dinner service. Tip: Your elevation fare is complimentary when you order an entrée from the restaurant. (1 km).
- Devonian Gardens – The top level of CORE shopping center is home to Devonian Gardens, a large and popular indoor botanical garden with a children’s play area. (1.5 km).
- Prince’s Island Park – Beautiful and popular island park with picnic spots and several gardens, and also where several festivals are held, including Canada Day celebrations and Calgary Folk Festival. The only way to get to the island is via one of the many pedestrian bridges. The bike and pedestrian Peace Bridge nearby is an architectural marvel. (2 km).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- East Calgary General Store – Small store selling all the basics. (250m).
- Sunterra Market Keynote – Grocery store with gourmet cafeteria-style self-serve, including a coffee bar, large salad bar, and a variety of ready-made meals. 3rd-floor restaurant, MARKETBar, is a full-service bar/restaurant offering a rooftop patio with city views. (1 km).
- Safeway – Large supermarket with deli, bakery, and on-site Starbucks. (2.5 km).