Le Germain Hotel – Contemporary and swanky hotel with an amazing on-site restaurant.
Le Germain is one of Calgary’s most luxurious boutique hotels with spacious and modern rooms, a full-service spa, and a classy lobby lounge where you can sip a cocktail and watch the hustle and bustle of the ever-busy Ninth Avenue. Superb central downtown location, across the street from the Calgary Tower and steps to Stephen Avenue Walk for shopping, restaurants, pubs, and the arts and entertainment district, including the Glenbow Museum. Charcut Roast House on the ground level serves extraordinary Alberta Beef steaks in a rustic and chic atmosphere. The hotel even offers a complimentary car to its guests for use in downtown Calgary.
Le Germain Hotel – Location
- Area: Central downtown location. Steps to Stephen Avenue Walk and across the street from the Calgary Tower. Two blocks to the CTrain (light rail) station.
- Address: 899 Centre Street SW.
- Nearest CTrain: Centre Street (300m).
- How to Get There: Take the CTrain to Centre Street (downtown, 7th Avenue, 300m). Note: The downtown CTrain corridor along 7th Avenue is free (no fare required 24/7).
- Handy to: Calgary Tower, Stephen Avenue Walk, Prince’s Island Park, CORE Shopping Centre.
Le Germain Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available on request. Special children’s menu in the in-house restaurant.
- Pet Policy: Pets are allowed and dog beds are provided. CA$30 per room. Restrictions: Pets cannot be left unattended in rooms.
- View: All rooms offer city views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis. All rooms have showers. Only The Prestige room and The Apartment Suite have bathtubs.
- Parking: Valet parking for CA$42 per day Sunday-Thursday and CA$30 per day Friday and Saturday. Universal and Tesla chargers available.
- Extras: Complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet daily. Complimentary use of chauffeur-driven Lexus car in the downtown area based on availability. Nespresso machines in all rooms.
- When to Book: Book 3-4 months in advance, especially for the Calgary Stampede (10 days in early July).
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 877-362-8990
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: legermainhotels.com
Le Germain Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: Full-service RNR Wellness Spa offers a wide selection of treatments and massages.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7. Large and bright with 2 separate workout areas, lots of windows, and excellent downtown skyline views.
- For Disabled Guests: Accessible room with roll-in shower.
Le Germain Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Charcut Roast House – Warm atmosphere and very popular for its urban rustic menu with charbroiled and rotisserie meats. Top notch service. Designated bar seating. Open for lunch and dinner on weekdays and dinner only on weekends.
- Bar/Lounge: Lounge Central 899 – Sophisticated but relaxed vibe. Located in the lobby and overlooks the busy 9th Avenue. Champagne, cocktails, and light snacks.
- Breakfast: Complimentary hot and cold continental breakfast daily.
- Room Service: Room service only in the evenings.
Le Germain Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: The Classic (1 King/1 Queen/2 Queens) • The Signature (King) • The Privilege (King) • The Prestige (King) • The Apartment Suite (King) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The Apartment Suite has a separate living and dining room, kitchenette, and huge bathroom with a separate bathtub and shower area with rain shower.
- For Families: The Signature room can be joined to a Classic (Queen) room.
Le Germain Hotel – What’s Nearby
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Xploring Calgary Bus Tour – Very interesting and informative bus tour (passenger van, 12 guests) of Canada Olympic Park, Lougheed House, Stampede Park, Fort Calgary, and downtown Calgary. Starting point: Calgary Tower (25m).
- Calgary Downtown Intro Walking Tour – Excellent walking tour of Calgary’s downtown and its history, public art, sculptures, +15 skywalk system, and Chinatown. Starting point: Calgary Municipal Plaza (500m).
- Stampede Art and Wild West Walking Tour – This excellent walking tour highlights Calgary Stampede’s history, the wall murals and sculptures on the Stampede grounds, chuckwagon races, and the rodeo. Starting point: Stampede Gate inside Stampede Grounds (1 km).
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Ten Foot Henry – Vegetable-anchored menu focused on family-style dining (also has a tiny adjoining toast bar, Little Henry, if you are short on time). Scrumptious avocado toast. (600m).
- Vintage Chophouse & Tavern – Upscale, dark wood bar with adjoining dining room. Live local bands play (pop/rock and R&B) every Friday and Saturday evenings 10pm-1am. (700m).
- Native Tongues Taqueria – Rustic cantina known for its excellent Mexican food, family-style tacos, cocktails, and mezcal and tequila tastings. (700m).
- Red’s Diner – Casual, homey diner with friendly service, open for breakfast and lunch. Famous for their Eggs Benedict. (1 km).
- Bonterra Trattoria – Casual Italian fare in a Tuscan-style décor. Beet salad is outstanding and so is the beautiful outdoor patio. (1.5 km).
- Posto Pizzeria & Bar – Next to Bonterra Trattoria. Cozy and casual in a rustic atmosphere with a wine bar. Open-flamed pizza oven and some inspired pizzas. Small outdoor patio. (1.5 km).
- Una Pizza & Wine – Trendy and lively spot serving delicious and creative thin-crust pizzas. Often busy during peak dinner hours; while waiting for a table, check out the romantic and cozy Frenchie Wine Bar located at the back of the restaurant. There is a dog-friendly outdoor patio as well. (1.5 km).
- The Coup – Ethical vegetarian restaurant focusing on organic, local, and made-from-scratch foods and drinks. Small outdoor patio. (2.5 km).
Best Nearby Cafes
- Deville Coffee – Just off Stephen Avenue Walk. If you need a break from the crowds, check out this little oasis, especially the coffeeshop’s second level. Amazing coffee, maybe the best in the city. Locals adore this little place. (250m).
- Village Ice Cream – Delicious homemade ice cream. A local favorite, so expect long lines during peak summertime hours. Tucked away at the end of 10th Avenue SE. (800m).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant – Authentic Irish pub in a historic building on Stephen Avenue Walk. This place hops non-stop, especially on weekend evenings. (150m).
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling – This contemporary brew pub offers its own brand of in-house beer and delicious pub-fare. Happy hour every day 2-6pm. (1 km).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Stephen Avenue Walk – Pedestrian mall that’s an energetic mix of retail, historical, and cultural destinations – all located on 8 Avenue SW, between 4 Street SW and 1 Street SE. Just steps from the hotel. (100m).
- CORE Shopping Centre – 140+ stores spanning several city blocks, including the flagship stores of Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Simons, and The Bay. Home to the Devonian Gardens. Weekends: Free parking for the first 3 hours (starting at mall opening) and a CA$2 flat rate applies thereafter. Weekdays: Free parking after 3 pm. Valet parking is complimentary, however parking fare (for stall) will still apply. (500m).
- Steeling Home – A treasure trove of unique gifts, souvenirs, and knick-knacks on 17th Avenue. (2.5 km).
- Calgary Tower – Observation tower offering fantastic 360-degree views of the city. For the brave, there is an area with a glass floor looking straight down. Also a restaurant/lounge which offers a full rotating view of the city as it revolves once every 45 minutes during lunchtime and every hour during dinner service. Tip: Your elevation fare is complimentary when you order an entrée from the restaurant. (25m).
- Devonian Gardens – The top level of CORE shopping center is home to Devonian Gardens, a large and popular indoor botanical garden with a children’s play area. (700m).
- Studio Bell, National Music Centre – Museum of instruments and memorabilia with interactive exhibits for all ages. Test how good your singing really is in the sound booth, play various instruments, and tour the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Tons of cool artifacts. Some fun exhibits for the kids in the Bodyphonic gallery, especially where the room is the instrument and you see sound move as you use your hands and feet to control the tone. The kids love this one. (750m).
- Prince’s Island Park – Beautiful and popular island park with picnic spots and several gardens, and also where several festivals are held, including Canada Day celebrations and Calgary Folk Festival. The only way to get to the island is via one of the many pedestrian bridges. The bike and pedestrian Peace Bridge nearby is an architectural marvel. (1.5 km).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Sunterra Market Keynote – Grocery store with gourmet cafeteria-style self-serve, including a coffee bar, large salad bar, and a variety of ready-made meals. 3rd-floor restaurant, MARKETBar, is a full-service bar/restaurant offering a rooftop patio with city views. (600m).
- Safeway – Large supermarket with deli, bakery, and on-site Starbucks. (1.5 km).
Le Germain Hotel – The Hotel
All Calgary Hotel Reviews
- Alt Hotel Calgary East Village
- Calgary Marriott Downtown
- Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Fairmont Palliser
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown
- Hotel Arts
- Hotel Arts Kensington
- Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
- The Westin Calgary