Home > Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Review
Updated: March 3, 2020
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – Upscale hotel with luxurious, all-suite accommodations.
All the hotel rooms (suites) in this luxurious and sophisticated hotel are spacious and modern with elegant decor and feature separate living areas with sofas, work desks, and kitchenettes. The indoor pool and waterslide are a bonus if you are traveling with kids. There are dog-friendly rooms and complimentary dog bowls and beds are provided, though cats are not permitted. The hotel’s location is on the north end of the Downtown core and ideal for accessing the picturesque Prince’s Island Park and the RiverWalk pathway. It is also conveniently connected to the +15 walkway, which allows indoor access to many downtown buildings, and is a short walk to the CORE Shopping Centre and Stephen Avenue Walk, including the arts and entertainment district.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – Location
- Address: 255 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary T2P 5C2.
- Area: Corner of 3rd St SW and 2nd Ave SW. Located in the heart of Eau Claire in downtown Calgary, directly south of Prince’s Island and the Bow River. Steps from RiverWalk, a wide paved pathway that meanders along the Bow and Elbow Rivers.
- How To Get There: 3rd Street SW (on 7th Ave) stop on the eastbound CTrain (0.4 mile, 8-minute walk). 4th Street SW (on 7th Ave) stop on the westbound CTrain (0.4 mile, 9-minute walk). Note: The downtown CTrain corridor along 7th Avenue is free (no fare required 24/7) and leashed dogs can travel on the CTrain for free.
- Handy To: Calgary Tower, Stephen Avenue Walk, RiverWalk, Prince’s Island Park, CORE Shopping Centre.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – The Basics
- Ages: Guests of all ages are welcome and cribs are available on request. Special children’s menu in the restaurant but no other amenities for children. Children are allowed in the pub till 8 pm.
- Pet Policy: Pets, except cats, are allowed for free and pet bowls and beds are provided. There are designated pet floors and guests need to sign waivers for damages.
- View: Eau Claire Market and Prince’s Island Park. The rooms on the west side of the hotel have minimal views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Corner suites have private jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Laundry, dry-cleaning, and ironing services.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary Wi-Fi for members.
- Parking: Nightly valet parking for CA$42 Sunday-Thursday and CA$29 Friday and Saturday.
- Extras: Hair salon and gift shop on-site. No fees for pets.
- When To Book: Booking 3-4 months in advance is recommended; 6 months for the Calgary Stampede.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 403-266-7200
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: marriott.com
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – Amenities
- Pool: Large indoor pool with waterslide and a separate hot tub.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Large, bright, modern, and fully-equipped. Open 24/7.
- For Disabled Guests: Multiple mobility and hearing accessible suites with roll-in/transfer showers available.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Flower & Wolf – Casual dining in a trendy space. Modern Canadian cuisine, including vegetarian options and a separate kids menu. Designated bar seating and outdoor patio available. Open B/L/D.
- Bar/Lounge: Fionn MacCool’s – Authentic Irish pub serving Celtic-inspired dishes and North American classics. Vegetarian options and kids menu.
- Breakfast: CA$25 for buffet/continental/full American breakfast. Club Room guests are offered complimentary breakfast in the exclusive Club VIP Lounge on the hotel’s top floor.
- Room Service: Room service 24/7.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – Rooms
- Room Types: Traditional Suite (1 King) ● Traditional 1 Bedroom Suite (1 King/2 Queens/1 King Corner with Jacuzzi) ● Deluxe Suite (1 King) ● Deluxe 1 Bedroom Suite (1 King/2 Queens/1 King Corner with Jacuzzi) ● Deluxe 2 Bedroom Suite (1 King/2 Queens) ● Club Level 1 Bedroom Suite (1 King/2 Queen) ● Club Level 2 Bedroom Suite (1 King/2 Queen)
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The extra-large 2 Bedroom Suites can sleep up to 6 adults and are extremely spacious.
- For Families: Adjoining rooms are available. Kids menus at the restaurant and pub.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – What’s Nearby
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Xploring Calgary Bus Tour – Very interesting and informative bus tour (passenger van, 12 guests) of Canada Olympic Park, Lougheed House, Stampede Park, Fort Calgary, and downtown Calgary. Starting point: Calgary Tower (0.8 mile, 16-minute walk).
- Calgary Downtown Intro Walking Tour – Excellent walking tour of Calgary’s downtown and its history, public art, sculptures, +15 skywalk system, and Chinatown. Starting point: Calgary Municipal Plaza (1 mile, 19-minute walk).
- Stampede Art and Wild West Walking Tour – This excellent walking tour highlights Calgary Stampede’s history, the wall murals and sculptures on the Stampede grounds, chuckwagon races, and the rodeo. Starting point: Stampede Gate inside Stampede Grounds (1.5 miles, 8-minute drive).
Best Nearby Restaurants
- 1886 Buffalo Café – Tiny family-run café in a historic building in Eau Claire Market. Home-style breakfast served just steps from Prince’s Island Park. Warm and personable service. Open for breakfast only. 1-minute walk (100m).
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar – At the Westin. This particular Keg is one of the better steakhouses in Calgary and features an outdoor bar and heated patio. Décor is classy with dark wood and high ceilings. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- OEB Breakfast Co. – Excellent egg-inspired breakfast fare and a cool vibe. Few vegetarian options. Open for breakfast and lunch only. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Rodney’s Oyster House – Simply amazing seafood in an airy industrial-chic vibe. Open L/D. Check before you go as they sometimes close for private events. 13-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Deane House Restaurant – In Inglewood. If you are up for a long walk along the Bow River, you may want to visit (and have Afternoon Tea perhaps), at this historic house set in a beautiful garden in Inglewood. 30-minute walk (1.5 miles).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- James Joyce Irish Pub & Restaurant – Authentic Irish pub in a historic building on Stephen Avenue Walk. This place hops non-stop, especially on weekend evenings. 14-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling – This contemporary brew pub offers its own brand of in-house beer and delicious pub-fare. Happy hour every day 2-6pm. 17-minute walk (0.8 mile).
- Trolley 5 – Two-level brewery where you can watch the brewing process from any seat. Outdoor patio spills onto the sidewalk and the hustle and bustle of 17th Avenue. 8-minute drive (1.3 miles).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Stephen Avenue Walk – Pedestrian mall that’s an energetic mix of retail, historical, and cultural destinations – all located on 8 Avenue SW, between 4 Street SW and 1 Street SE. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- CORE Shopping Centre – 140+ stores spanning several city blocks, including the flagship stores of Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Simons, and The Bay. Home to the Devonian Gardens. Weekends: Free parking for the first 3 hours (starting at mall opening) and a CA$2 flat rate applies thereafter. Weekdays: Free parking after 3 pm. Valet parking is complimentary, however parking fare (for stall) will still apply. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Prince’s Island Park – Beautiful and popular island park with picnic spots and several gardens, and also where several festivals are held, including Canada Day celebrations and Calgary Folk Festival. The only way to get to the island is via one of the many pedestrian bridges. The bike and pedestrian Peace Bridge nearby is an architectural marvel. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Devonian Gardens – The top level of CORE shopping center is home to Devonian Gardens, a large and popular indoor botanical garden with a children’s play area. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Calgary Tower – Observation tower offering fantastic 360-degree views of the city. For the brave, there is an area with a glass floor looking straight down. Also a restaurant/lounge which offers a full rotating view of the city as it revolves once every 45 minutes during lunchtime and every hour during dinner service. Tip: Your elevation fare is complimentary when you order an entrée from the restaurant. 16-minute walk (0.8 mile).
- Studio Bell, National Music Centre – Museum of instruments and memorabilia with interactive exhibits for all ages. Test how good your singing really is in the sound booth, play various instruments, and tour the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio. Tons of cool artifacts. Some fun exhibits for the kids in the Bodyphonic gallery, especially where the room is the instrument and you see sound move as you use your hands and feet to control the tone. The kids love this one. 25-minute walk (1.2 miles).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire – The Hotel
All Calgary Hotel Reviews
- Alt Hotel Calgary East Village
- Calgary Marriott Downtown
- Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Fairmont Palliser
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown
- Hotel Arts
- Hotel Arts Kensington
- Hotel Elan
- Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Le Germain Hotel
- The Westin Calgary