Casa Cottage – So appealing, tranquil, and cozy, it’s definitely a worthy alternative to a hotel.
Along a quiet residential lane, this pleasant and colorful guesthouse has (surprisingly) eighteen rooms. Based around a century-old colonial-style bungalow, it offers amenities rarely (or ever) found elsewhere in Bengaluru: sizable gardens providing plenty of shade, casual open-air café/bar which is ideal for meeting fellow guests, book exchange, and travel advice. Rooms are pleasingly spacious, many comfortably accommodating at least three guests, and some Studios feature large private porches facing the lawn. Don’t expect any fancy amenities at this classic traveler haunt because it’s about personality, serenity, and affordability, with rates including breakfast and discounts for singles. Also, it’s located within a few minutes by auto-rickshaw from the classy bars, bistros, and boutiques around St. Mark’s Road and at the world-class UB City mall.
Casa Cottage – The Location
- Address: 2 Clapham Street, Richmond Town. Turn down at Wellington Street from Richmond (General KS Thimayya) Road and then turn right at Leonard Lane. The guesthouse is about 150m from the main road.
- Area: Inner city, with a few places to eat nearby. On a quiet lane, but very noisy main road 150m away.
- How to Get There: From the airport (38 km), take a metered taxi; arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below); or take the comfortable (blue) express bus number 7, which operates 24 hours. These buses stop at Richmond Circle, about 1 km west of the hotel. About 5 km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station.
Casa Cottage – The Basics
- Guests: Budget-minded travelers of all ages. Decent for families, too.
- Views: Some rooms have shutters rather than windows. All rooms overlook tiny courtyards or shady gardens.
- Kitchens: The Deluxe Studios feature well-equipped kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this sort of guesthouse.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 4114 5354
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: casacottage.com
Casa Cottage – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided.
- Other Facilities: Book exchange. Travel advice/bookings.
Casa Cottage – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Small and inviting open-air café/bar for guests. Mainly for breakfast, but staff can rustle up some light meals.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided because there is no real café on-site.
Casa Cottage – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Single Rooms • Standard Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Deluxe Studios • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed on the premises.
- Best Room: The quietest are those to the back, while the Deluxe Studios at the front facing the lawn feature large private porches.
- For Families: Each Deluxe Studio comes with a double and single bed, and has space for another single. The studios also feature separate living/dining areas, private porches, and kitchenettes.
Casa Cottage – Local Transport
- Walking: Nice enough for strolling around the backstreets, but the traffic along the main road is relentless.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 2.5 km from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Almost no taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
Casa Cottage – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Koshy’s Bakery – Popular street side takeaway for samosas (fried snacks) and other Indian treats. Along Wellington Street, between the guesthouse and main road.
- In Wok – Intimate tables and good-value Chinese food, but dinner only. Turn right at the western end of Leonard Lane.
These 3 places are along the main road heading west and within 400m of the guesthouse.
- Café Mor’ish +91 (0)80 4302 1963 – French-style bistro offering pasta, burgers, pizzas, and other western delights. All-day breakfasts are hearty. Upstairs seating available.
- café@elanza – In the Elanza Hotel, it offers buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a la carte all day. Reasonably classy, well-priced, and excellent service. Beer and wine available.
- Café Coffee Day – One in a countrywide chain of cafés serving drinks and light meals. Popular corner-side hangout, if only for the free Wi-Fi.
- A few grocery stores along or just off the main road, but nothing much else. UB City, a world-class mall with plenty of places to eat, drink, and shop, is less than 2 km away.
Casa Cottage – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai