Casablanca Beach Resort – Huge rooms, great value, and serene location, yet so convenient to the beach and main road.
This adorable hotel offers virtually four-star amenities at two-star rates (including breakfast). With a café/bar alongside, the pool is fairly large, while the shady palm trees all over the grounds add further to the tropical-resort vibe. Far larger than those offered at resorts costing much more, the rooms feature proper living areas (with sofa alcoves) and balconies/verandas with inviting chairs. Even better are those on the top floor featuring charming outdoor terraces rather than sitting areas inside. And the hotel is located only a two-minute stroll from the beach lined with cafés as well as the main road with its numerous tourist facilities.
Casablanca Resort – The Location
- Address: Just off a side street (Krishna Naik Road) which runs off the main road midway along Candolim, a major tourist region in a southern part of North Goa. (Most places in Goa don’t have an address.)
- Area: Only 200m from the main road which is packed with places to eat, drink, and shop. Also, buses and moneychangers. Barely 300m from the beach, with plenty of cafés on the sand.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km, 60-minute drive), there is little choice except overpriced pre-paid taxis. The nearest major train station is at Vasco da Gama, 40 km away (75-minute drive).
- Handy to: Facilities and beaches at Candolim.
Casablanca Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Many Indians from Mumbai and packaged tourists from Russia.
- Views: All rooms overlook the gardens and/or pool, while a few face other balconies. Those on the ground floor provide no worthwhile views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this sort of mid-range hotel in Goa.
- Wi-Fi: Free, but only available at the café/pool area, not in the rooms.
- Parking: Possible outside the gates, and the hotel guard should ensure safety.
- How to Book: Agoda will have the best prices.
- Phone: +91 (0)832 247 9224
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: casablancagoa.com
Casablanca Resorts – Amenities
- Pool: Inviting and shady, with a café/bar alongside.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected (or provided).
- Other Facilities: Laundry. Money-changing. Car/motorbike rental.
Casablanca Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Saffron Restaurant & Bar alongside the pool looks modest but offers more than expected, including a full menu at pleasing prices. Special evenings, such as ‘Tandoori Nite’, regularly offered. Also, impressive happy hours and an extended wine list.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates, which is not common among rivals.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of about 7 am to 9 pm.
Casablanca Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Terrace Rooms • Suite Rooms • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Suite Rooms are larger, and the sofa alcoves are particularly inviting.
- For Families: Both types of rooms offer space for an extra single bed, maybe even 2.
Casablanca Resorts – Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty to see along the main road, which offers some sidewalks. More pleasant along the side streets to the beach.
- Public Transport: Local buses are convenient and frequent. They travel up and down – and stop anywhere along – the main road through Candolim and Calangute. Some detour to Panaji (Panjim), the state capital and regional transport hub, via a stop opposite the Acacia hotel (300m north). No metro or any local trains of use to tourists.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: No auto-rickshaws or metered taxis in the immediate area. Uber/Ola don’t operate anywhere in Goa, but app-based rides can be arranged through Goa Miles. The only option for longer trips are unmetered private ‘taxis’ which can be arranged at the hotel or with drivers hanging about the streets.
- Cars & Motorbikes: Goa is the only place in India where renting a car or motorbike is feasible. No internationally-recognized agencies are present, so renting at a local shop presents obvious risks. Best to organize through the hotel. Rides on the back of a motorbike (called a ‘pilot’) are possible; ask around.
Casablanca Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Plenty to choose from along the main road, but traffic noise can be bothersome. Instead, these 3 places are along the side street between the main road and beach, so they’re far quieter:
- Café EDR – Cute café named after the mantra ‘Eat. Drink. Repeat.’ Laidback but gets lively as the night progresses.
- Co Co Mo – Breezy and serene setting on 2 levels. Seafood a specialty, but plenty of other reasons to come night after night.
- Kokoons Modern Indian Diner – Classy bistro/bar offering contemporary Indian cuisine, kebabs, and shishas (hookahs).
Also, there are lots of beach cafés at the end of the side street from the hotel. Friendly, cheap, and simple – picture plastic chairs and sandy floors.
- At, or very near, the turnoff to the hotel from the main road, these 2 places offer western meals in a casual environment: Lezero’s Multicuisine Restaurant & Bar (300m) and Tony’s Place Restaurant & Bar (300m).
- Abundant places to spend money along the main road, 200m away, including a few minimarts and moneychangers. The closest supermarket is Delfino’s, 700m north.
- Turn left where the short lane to the hotel meets the side street. The glorious beach, about 300m away, is packed with casual cafés on the sand that also rent out sunbeds and umbrellas. Always swim between the flags. Lifeguards are on duty between about 10 am and sunset.
Casablanca Resort – The Hotel
All Goa Hotel Reviews
- The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa
- Acron Candolim Regina
- Alagoa Resort
- Alila Diwa
- The Avenue Calangute
- Beleza by the Beach
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Goa Candolim
- The Crown Goa
- The Diwa Club
- Goa Villagio Resort & Spa
- Hard Rock Hotel Goa
- Holiday Inn Resort, Goa
- Hospedaria Abrigo de Botelho
- Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa
- John’s Highland Comfort Guest House
- Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
- La Sunila Suites
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort
- Mateus Boutique Hotel
- Novotel Goa Candolim Hotel
- Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort Hotel
- Radisson Goa Candolim
- Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
- River Castle
- Santana Beach Resort
- Sonesta Inns
- Tranquility Cottage Resort
- WelcomHeritage Panjim Inn, Pousada, & Peoples
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai