The Chancery Pavilion – Unpretentious, convenient, family-friendly, and great value.
Not remotely chic or opulent, the Chancery is unfussy and unassuming, so rates (which include breakfast) are far lower than at brasher rivals up the road. It offers all the facilities expected of a four-star, but without any unnecessary extras. Some amenities, such as the lobby and outdoor pool, could probably be updated, but the trendy rooftop bistro/bar is one of the city’s finest. Rooms are pleasant and spacious, while the suites – with dining tables and separate living areas – cost the same as standard rooms at internationally-known five-star competitors. The Chancery also caters nicely for families and is located in a comparatively appealing area, with inviting cafés and shops nearby, and a short stroll from more facilities around St. Mark’s Road.
The Chancery Pavilion – The Location
- Address: 135 Residency Road, which heads northeast from the major roundabout, Richmond Circle. In an area known as Shanthala Nagar.
- Area: Affluent business district in the inner city. More facilities nearby than most other hotels in the vicinity.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop at the major junction, Richmond Circle, 200m from the hotel. About 4 km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station.
The Chancery Pavilion – The Basics
- Guests: All sorts, from Indian business people to foreign tourists, including families.
- Views: As the only high-rise in the immediate area, the street views are more appealing than at most rival hotels.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The 1-only Presidential Suite features a jacuzzi.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 4141 4141
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: chanceryhotels.com
The Chancery Pavilion – Amenities
- Pool: The outdoor pool at ground level is serviceable, but might get crowded at times. Also, in need of some updating.
- Spa: Decent enough. As unpretentious as the hotel itself.
- Fitness Center: Will please gym goers.
- Other Facilities: Souvenir shops. Business center.
The Chancery Pavilion – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: ITHACA – Signature restaurant below the lobby level, and also tables alongside the pool. Offers Indian and western cuisine and attentive service. • Alchemy – Fantastic bistro/bar on the rooftop (10th floor). One of the finest in the city, with micro-brewery and sweeping views. Contemporary Indian cuisine. • Amnesia – Fashionable bar/lounge beside the pool. Trendy clientele and super-hip DJs. • The Lounge – Inviting bar at the lobby level. Patisserie and coffee shop attached.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates (which is rare among rivals).
- Room Service: Available 24/7, but limited overnight.
The Chancery Pavilion – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Club Pavilion Rooms • Executive Suites • Presidential Suite (one only) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking allowed in some rooms. Check when booking.
- Best Room: The (1-only) Presidential Suite features 2 bedrooms, a separate living/dining area, bar, and jacuzzi.
- For Families: One of few hotels in Bengaluru providing rooms with connecting doors. Executive Suites can easily accommodate families of 4.
The Chancery Pavilion – Local Transport
- Walking: Faces a main road which is not as noisy and busy as some. More sidewalks make this a pleasant area for walking. Quite a few interesting shops and cafés in both directions.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 2.5km from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
The Chancery Pavilion – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Mahesh Lunch Home – Classy café next to the hotel gates. Intimate and well-priced, it focuses on seafood, but other meals are also available.
- The Good Grain – Just behind Mahesh. For all sorts of healthy food and drinks, mostly with organic ingredients.
- Firewood Biryani – Popular for mouth-watering kebabs and biryanis (rice-based dishes). On the other side of the road from the hotel. Use the pedestrian overpass.
- New Udupi Upahar +91 99451 78288 – Hugely popular cafeteria, with no-fuss furniture and tasty Indian food at very low prices. On the other side of Richmond Circle.
- The main road in front of the hotel is lined with appealing shops and cafés. Also a great selection along St. Mark’s Road less than 500m away. Head northeast up the road (away from Richmond Circle) and turn left at the first major junction.
- UB City, a world-class mall with plenty of places to eat, drink, and shop, is about 1.5 km away.
The Chancery Pavilion – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai