• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
The 11 Best Budget Hotels in Bangkok
1. Smile Society (Silom) – Budget
Budget hostel located a 5-minute walk (450m) to the Sala Daeng BTS station and within walking distance of restaurants and nightlife, including the Patpong Night Market (3-minute walk, 230m). Property facilities include self-service laundry and computers for guest use, and accommodation options include private rooms with ensuite bathrooms and dorm-style rooms with shared bathrooms. Rooms on the upper floors are accessible via stairs only.
2. Lub d Bangkok Siam (Siam Square) – Budget
Steps to the National Stadium BTS station (1-minute walk, 10m), this boutique hostel features an on-site bar and a TV lounge within a 10-minute walk of the shops at MBK Center (6 minutes, 500m) and Siam Discovery (8 minutes, 500m) and the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (2 minutes, 200m). In addition to mixed and female-only dorm rooms, the hostel has private rooms (some with private bathrooms), self-service laundry facilities, and an outdoor sitting area.
3. Buddy Lodge (Banglumphu) – Budget
Located in the Khaosan Road neighborhood, this charming hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and temples, including Golden Mountain Temple (15-minute walk, 1.2km) and The Grand Palace (22-minute walk, 1.8km). Hotel amenities include a rooftop pool and bar, sauna, steam room, and fitness center; rooms feature balconies and marble bathrooms; and Sanam Luang Square is 10 minutes away on foot (800m).
4. City Lodge Soi 9 Hotel (Sukhumvit) – Budget
Budget hotel with a 24-hour front desk, business center, elevator, and private bathrooms and refrigerators in every guest room. Steps to the Nana BTS station (1-minute walk) and a variety of restaurants, this hotel is an 8-minute walk (650m) to the Terminal 21 mall and a 30-minute drive (13km) to the Grand Palace.
5. Tints of Blue Hotel (Sukhumvit) – Budget
Contemporary boutique hotel featuring a rooftop pool and gym, restaurant, self-service laundry, and a kitchenette and balcony in every guest room. Free amenities include continental breakfast, bicycles, and transportation to the main road, and the hotel is an 11-minute walk (850m) to the Asok BTS station and a 14-minute walk (1.1km) to the Terminal 21 mall.
6. Baan Noppawong (Banglumphu) – Midrange
Slightly upscale accommodations in a restored 19th-century colonial house featuring free parking, teak floors, organic toiletries, and some guest rooms with private whirlpool tubs, 4-poster beds, and refrigerators. The property is located steps from the Democracy Monument (4-minute walk, 300m) and 1km from Sanam Luang Square (12-minute walk) and the Golden Mountain Temple (12-minute walk).
7. Ibis Khaosan Viengtai (Banglumphu) – Midrange
Offering free breakfast and free parking, this colorful hotel is situated a 10-minute walk (800m) from the Democracy Monument and a 10-minute walk (850m) to Sanam Luang Square. Hotel amenities include a restaurant, bar, outdoor pool, and kids corner, and the bright guest rooms feature a variety of bed configurations, including family rooms with bunk beds.
8. Lamphu Tree House Boutique Hotel (Banglumphu) – Midrange
Charming hotel with traditional Thai decor located on a quiet side street just a 6-minute walk (450m) to the Democracy Monument and an 11-minute walk (900m) to the Golden Mountain Temple. In addition to free breakfast, facilities include a rooftop terrace, outdoor pool, restaurant, and bar, and some guest rooms feature sitting areas and balconies.
9. Bangkok Tree House (Outside Bangkok) – Midrange
Unique, eco-friendly accommodation featuring river views, complimentary bicycles, complimentary breakfast, and rooms that range from 3-level bungalows to open-air “treehouses”. The secluded property has a restaurant serving organic food, and it’s located a 20-minute walk (1.6km) from the Bang Namphueng Floating Market and a 40-minute drive (20km) to the Grand Palace.
10. Inn a Day (Riverside) – Midrange
Hip hotel with a restaurant, free bicycles for guest use, and a riverside location just a 3-minute walk (200m) to Wat Pho, a 5-minute walk (400m) to the Museum of Siam, and an 8-minute walk (600m) to the Grand Palace. Free breakfast is served daily, and every room has a unique theme, most with balconies and city or garden views.
11. Novotel Bangkok (Siam Square) – Midrange
Great location close to many of Bangkok’s biggest and best shopping malls (MBK, Siam Paragon, and Central World). Surrounded by great food options and close to the Skytrain. Highly recommended!
- Best Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels for Families in Bangkok
- Best Airport Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels with Pools in Bangkok
- Best Family Apartment Rentals in Bangkok
- Where to Stay in Bangkok
- Best Things to Do in Bangkok
- Bangkok with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Bangkok
- Bangkok Airport Transportation
- Best Tours in Bangkok
- Best Day Trips in Bangkok
- Best Markets in Bangkok
- Best Shopping Malls in Bangkok
- Bangkok to Koh Samui
- What is the best luxury hotel in Bangkok?