SD › Best Cheap Hotels in San Diego
Updated: February 14, 2020
The 8 Best Budget Hotels in San Diego
1. Crown City Inn Coronado – Budget
Charming, pet-friendly hotel located a 16-minute walk (0.8 mile) to Coronado Beach and a 14-minute walk (0.7 mile) to the ferry terminal, with beach cruiser bicycles for guest use, a restaurant, outdoor pool, business center, free parking, and free access to a nearby gym. All guest rooms have coffee makers, microwaves, and refrigerators; some rooms have kitchenettes. Second-floor rooms are accessible via stairs only.
2. USA Hostels San Diego – Downtown – Budget
Set in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter, this eclectic hostel is a 3-minute walk (0.2 mile) to Balboa Theatre and a 10-minute walk (0.5 mile) to Petco Park. In addition to a few private rooms, the hostel has cozy “pods” with a bed, shelf, outlet, and privacy screen; amenities include free breakfast, a shared kitchen, self-service laundry facilities, frequent social events, and a 24-hour front desk.
3. Best Western Plus Bayside Inn – Moderate
Classic mid-range hotel with free breakfast, free airport and cruise shuttle service, a heated outdoor pool, fitness center, business center, and on-site parking for a fee. All guest rooms have balconies, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers, and the hotel is located a 9-minute walk (0.4 mile) to Waterfront Park and a 15-minute walk (0.7 mile) to the USS Midway Museum and the San Diego Cruise Port.
4. Gaslamp Plaza Suites – Moderate
Historic boutique hotel centrally located in the Gaslamp Quarter, and only a 7-minute walk (0.3 mile) to the San Diego Civic Theatre, 13-minute walk (0.6 mile) to Petco Park, and steps to a variety of restaurants and nightlife. The hotel features free continental breakfast, restaurant, wine bar, rooftop terrace, and valet parking (fee applies). In addition to elegant wood furnishings in all rooms, some rooms also have refrigerators and microwaves.
Within a mile (20-minute walk) of the attractions of Old Town and 2.7 miles (9-minute drive) from Balboa Park, this modern hotel offers free area shuttle service, free breakfast buffet, free parking, outdoor pool, fitness center, and self-service laundry facilities. All rooms have desks, refrigerators, and microwaves, and some rooms have sofa beds.
6. La Pensione Hotel – Moderate
Nestled in Little Italy, surrounded by restaurants, and a 4-minute walk (0.2 mile) from Waterfront Park, this fashionable boutique hotel has a restaurant and coffee shop, fitness center, spa, courtyard, and parking for a fee. Guest rooms have desks, mini-refrigerators, Italian decor, and modern bathrooms. Complimentary coffee and pastries are available every morning.
7. La Jolla Cove Suites – Moderate
Located across the street (1-minute walk) from La Jolla Cove and within blocks of many restaurants and shops, this scenic hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, rooftop terrace, outdoor pool, hot tub, BBQ grills, self-service laundry facilities, access to a nearby gym, and on-site parking for a fee. A variety of room types are available, including some with ocean views, balconies, full kitchens, and separate bedrooms.
8. Cosmopolitan Hotel – Moderate
Landmark hotel built in the early 1800s, offering free continental breakfast, free parking, a bar, restaurant, and walkable location in the center of Old Town San Diego. While guest rooms have no TVs or telephones, every room has a balcony or patio, air conditioning, and historic furnishings. The hotel is located an 8-minute drive (4 miles) from Balboa Park and a 14-minute drive (5 miles) from the airport.
- Best Hotels in San Diego
- Best Family Hotels in San Diego
- Best Choice Hotels in San Diego
- San Diego Airport Hotels
- Best Time to Visit San Diego
- Where to Stay in San Diego
- California with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit California
- Where to Stay in Big Sur
- The Best Family Hotels in Los Angeles
- Where to Stay in Monterey
- The Best Hotels in Palm Springs
- The Best Family Hotels in Palm Springs
- The Best Budget Hotels in Palm Springs
- The Best Hotels in San Francisco
- The Best Family Hotels in San Francisco
- The Best Budget Hotels in San Francisco
- The Best Choice Hotels in San Francisco
- San Francisco with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit San Francisco
- The Best Family Hotels in Santa Barbara
- Where to Stay in Santa Barbara
- Where to Stay in Santa Cruz
- Where to Stay in California Wine Country