• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The 7 Best Affordable Hotels in Singapore
1. Footprints Hostel – Budget
Budget hostel located in Little India with free continental breakfast, coin-op laundry, a book collection, 24-hour front desk, air conditioning, and both female-only and mixed dorm rooms. Bathrooms are shared. Attractions like the National Museum of Singapore (17 minutes, 1.3km) and Bugis Street (9 minutes, 700m) are within walking distance.
2. Betel Box Backpackers Hostel – Budget
Relaxed and affordable hostel set in a historic shophouse with a large, air-conditioned living room, board games and billiards, free continental breakfast, and bicycles for rent. Private rooms and mixed and female-only dorms are available, all with shared bathrooms and nightly air conditioning. The hostel is located an 8-minute walk (650m) to Geylang Serai Market and 7km (a 14-minute drive) from Singapore’s Downtown Core.
3. Kam Leng Hotel – Budget
Historic boutique hotel with a restaurant and a 24-hour front desk located a 7-minute walk (550m) to City Square Mall and 4km (an 11-minute drive) from Singapore’s Downtown Core. Most rooms have windows, and all rooms have private bathrooms, air conditioning, desks, and a mix of modern and vintage decor.
4. Wink Capsule Hostel – Budget
Located steps to the Chinatown MRT station (2-minute walk, 130m) and a 10-minute walk (850m) to Telok Ayer Market, this fully air-conditioned hostel offers free continental breakfast at the on-site cafe, self-service laundry facilities, and a communal kitchenette. In addition to private rooms, capsule-style beds in mixed and female-only dorms are available; all rooms use shared bathrooms.
5. The Great Madras – Budget
Art Deco hotel in Little India offering both hostel-style, shared-bathroom dorm rooms (mixed and female-only) and private rooms with ensuite bathrooms. All rooms have air conditioning, some rooms have balconies. Plus free breakfast, a barbershop, pool and restaurant. The property is close the Singapore Art Museum (16-minute walk, 1.3km) and the National Museum of Singapore (16-minute walk, 1.2km).
6. Mercure Singapore Bugis – Moderate
Located 2 minutes on foot (200m) from the shops and restaurants of Bugis Street and 12 minutes (900m) from Suntec City, this upscale hotel features two restaurants, a bar, fitness center, infinity pool, terrace, and free on-site parking. All rooms have air conditioning, minibars, desks, and modern furnishings; some rooms have city views.
7. Naumi Hotel – Moderate/Luxury
Wonderful boutique hotel with affordable rates, located a 7-minute walk (500m) from Suntec City, an 11-minute walk (750m) from Marina Square, and a 12-minute walk (900m) from the National Gallery of Singapore. Every design-forward room features a Nespresso machine, air conditioning, minibar, and rainfall shower; hotel amenities include a rooftop infinity pool, two bars (one on the rooftop), fitness center, and restaurant.
- Best Hotels in Singapore
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Singapore
- What is the Best Hotel in Singapore?
- The Best Hotels in Sentosa
- The Best Time of the Year to Visit Singapore
- Singapore Hotels for Families
- Singapore with Kids – Things To Do
- The Best Things To Do in Singapore
- The Best Restaurants in Singapore
- Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide