Home > San Diego Choice Hotels
Updated: February 9, 2019
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The 6 Best Choice Hotels in San Diego
Choice Hotels is a collection of good-value lodging options, primarily in the budget to moderate price range. The brands in this group include: Ascend Hotel Collection, Cambria Hotels, Comfort, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion Hotels, Extended Stay, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, WoodSpring Suites, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, and Vacation Rentals by Choice Hotels. If you’re looking for a dependable and cheap place to stay in San Diego, these hotels are often a great (if unexciting) choice.
Budget hotel surrounded by the restaurants and cafes of the Gaslamp Quarter with complimentary hot breakfast, free gym access, a business center, and on-site parking available for a fee. Located an 8-minute walk (0.4 mile) to Petco Park and a short 0.3 mile walk to the Balboa Theatre (6 minutes) and the Westfield Horton Plaza mall (7 minutes), and every room features a microwave and refrigerator.
Economy hotel offering free hot breakfast, an outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and on-site parking (fee applies). Some rooms have sofa beds and sleep up to 6 guests, and the hotel is located a 20-minute walk (1 mile) to Old Town and a short drive to SeaWorld (3.8 miles, 7-minute drive) and the San Diego Zoo (4.4 miles, 10-minute drive).
Recently renovated budget hotel within walking distance to the harborfront (0.1 mile, 2-minute walk) and numerous restaurants and a 5-minute drive (1.9 miles) to San Diego International Airport. Rooms feature microwaves, refrigerators, and desks, and some rooms have bunk beds. Free parking and a free breakfast buffet are available, and an outdoor pool and sun deck are open year-round.
Budget hotel with free breakfast located an 18-minute walk (0.8 mile) to Westfield Mission Valley Mall and about 4 miles to Old Town (10-minute drive) and the San Diego Zoo (12-minute drive). Family-friendly suites with bunk beds are available, and hotel amenities include a fitness center, on-site parking (fee applies), an outdoor pool, and a hot tub.
Economy hotel located 1 mile (4-minute drive) from Westfield Plaza Bonita and a quick drive to San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter (9.7 miles, 17-minute drive) and Coronado Island (11.4 miles, 19-minute drive). Amenities include free breakfast, a fitness center, an outdoor pool and hot tub, and free parking, and all rooms have microwaves and refrigerators.
Economy hotel just 3.5 miles (7-minute drive) to the SDCCU Qualcomm Stadium and 7.9 miles (13-minute drive) to the San Diego Zoo. Free continental breakfast is available daily, and an outdoor pool and free parking are onsite.
- The Best Hotels in San Diego
- The Best Family Hotels in San Diego
- The Best Cheap Hotels in San Diego
- San Diego Airport Hotels
- The Best Time to Visit San Diego
- Where to Stay in San Diego
- California with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit California
- The Best Family Hotels in Los Angeles
- The Best Hotels in Palm Springs
- The Best Family Hotels in Palm Springs
- The Best Budget Hotels in Palm Springs
- The Best Hotels in San Francisco
- The Best Family Hotels in San Francisco
- The Best Budget Hotels in San Francisco
- The Best Choice Hotels in San Francisco
- San Francisco with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit San Francisco
- The Best Family Hotels in Santa Barbara