Le Cinq Codet has a wonderful location in the chic 7th (close to the Eiffel Tower and charming Rue Cler) with some of the most stylish rooms in the city. Each has ultra-modern décor and high ceilings for a loft-like feel. This architectural gem from the 1930s (formerly the France Telecom headquarters) plays on its unusual structure – glass and curves – and incorporates those details into wraparound bay windows and sun-drenched duplexes. The rooftop Prestige Suite features an outdoor jacuzzi and terraces with great views of nearby Les Invalides and the Eiffel Tower.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Le Cinq Codet – The Basics
- Location: Tucked away on a quiet street in the heart of Paris’ chic 7th arrondissement on the Left Bank, with many great restaurants and museums nearby – an easy walk to luxury shopping and many of Paris’ top attractions; just 5 minutes from Les Invalides and Rue Cler, and 15 minutes to the Eiffel Tower.
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Cribs are complimentary, and babysitting services can be booked through the concierge. No other special amenities are offered for children. (Here’s a list of my favorite kid-friendly Paris hotels.)
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Top floor suites have terraces with great views of the Eiffel Tower and the Invalides’ golden Napoleon Dome.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Valet parking is available (in a nearby secured garage) for €40/day.
- Nice Perks: In-room Nespresso machines, complimentary bottled water. Portable, pocket wi-fi hotspots are supplied for guest use. Free bike rental.
- Phone: +33 1 53 85 15 60
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Book at least a month in advance, especially for high travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Le Cinq Codet – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The full service Sundari Spa features an outdoor jacuzzi, steam room, and double massage room, and offers massage, facial and body treatments, manicures and pedicures, waxing, and special treatment options for kids between 7 and 16 years of age. Open 7am to 10pm daily. The jacuzzi is open from 7am to 8pm daily, and children under 16 are not allowed – even accompanied by parents.
- Fitness Center: Small hotel gym with recumbent exercise bike, treadmills, elliptical trainer and weight bench. Open 7am to 10pm daily.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Prestige Suite has a private outdoor jacuzzi. Eiffel, Rodin, and Louis Codet Suites (all Superior Suites) can have indoor jacuzzis by request.
Le Cinq Codet – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Le Cinq Codet’s warm and modern restaurant offers vegetarian-friendly French/European cuisine for lunch, afternoon tea, happy hour, dinner, and Sunday Brunch. Live jazz music is featured on Saturday nights. Closed during August.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel’s contemporary-styled bar has lovely patio seating in the warmer months.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A la carte and buffet items are both available. The hotel’s “show kitchen” offers cooked-to-order pancake and egg options, pastries, cereals, fruit and juices. Served from 7-11am daily.
- Room Service:
Le Cinq Codet – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic • Superior • Duplex • Deluxe • Family • Junior Suite • Duplex Suite • Superior Suite • Prestige Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Le Cinq Codet is a non-smoking hotel.
- Best Room: The 83 sqm Prestige Suite features a roomy lounge area and a private terrace with views of the Eiffel Tower and Dome of Les Invalides.
Le Cinq Codet – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Les Invalides – Priority access tickets to the Army Museum and the Gold Dome Church, where Napoleon is buried. 7-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – Skip the line and receive priority guided access to the Tower’s second floor observatory. 12-minute walk to group meeting point.
- Seine River Dinner Cruise – Enjoy a 3-course dinner as you cruise in a glass-enclosed boat past the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre, the National Assembly, and Pont Neuf. 2 hours. 23-minute walk to tour starting point.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- La Verriere – Bright, friendly, and casual vegetarian/vegan buffet. 2-minute walk.
- L’Auberge D’chez Eux – Classic casual French bistro with excellent food and a great wine list. Pricey, but worth it. 4-minute walk.
- Café du Marché – Sweet cafe with great people-watching on Rue Cler. 5-minute walk.
- Jujube Salon de Thé – Casual, pan-Asian restaurant and tea house. Lunch only. 8-minute walk.
- David Toutain – Innovative French cooking, elegant yet casual ambiance. 9-minute walk.
- Bellota-Bellota – Small tapas spot specializing in Iberian ham and other Spanish meats. 9-minute walk.
- Bombona – Great little trattoria serving pizza, pasta, and Tuscan wines. 9-minute walk.
- L’Ami Jean – Hearty Basque fare, casual and fun atmosphere. 10-minute walk.
- Café Constant – Traditional French bistro with food as good as at the heavy hitters, but at a much more reasonable price. 11-minute walk.
- L’Arpège – Elegant fine dining spot; seasonal menu centered around produce grown in the chef’s organic garden. 13-minute walk.
- Aux Ducs de Bourgogne – The best crepes and galettes in the 7th. 13-minute walk.
- Le Jules Verne – Michelin-starred French cuisine atop the Eiffel Tower. 18-minute walk.
- Les Ombres – Contemporary French fare at the Qaui Branly Museum – with maybe the best Eiffel Tower views in town. Excellent in the evening. 20-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Gatsby – Fun and friendly spot with a Jazz Age vibe and excellent cocktails. 4-minute walk.
- Fitzgerald – Swanky and intimate speakeasy – find it through the padded doors in the back of the restaurant. 6-minute walk.
- O’Brien’s Irish Pub – Low key sports bar with a good beer and whiskey selection. 8-minute walk.
- Bar à Champagne – Champagne bar at the top of the Eiffel Tower. 16-minute walk.
Cool Shops Nearby
- À la Mère de Famille – Chocolates and sweets, beautifully displayed and nicely packaged for souveniers. 4-minute walk.
- Duvelleroy – Luxury fan-maker since 1827; one of the only to have survived after World War II. 6-minute walk.
- Grégory Renard – Award-winning chocolates and macarons. (Try the chocolate sea-salt.) 11-minute walk.
- Le Bon Marché – Beautiful luxury department store – the oldest in Paris. 19-minute walk.
- Deyrolle – Famous taxidermy shop (from polar bears to butterflies) since the mid-19th century. 23-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Rue Cler – 5-minute walk.
- École Militaire – 7-minute walk.
- Musee de l’Armee des Invalides – 7-minute walk.
- Esplanade des invalides – 8-minute walk.
- Champ de Mars – 12-minute walk.
- Les Berges de Seine – 12-minute walk.
- Rodin Museum – 13-minute walk.
- Musée des Egouts de Paris – 16-minute walk.
- Quai Branly Museum – 17-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – 18-minute walk.