Le Cinq Codet has a wonderful location in the chic 7th (close to the Eiffel Tower and charming Rue Cler) with some of the most stylish rooms in the city. Each has ultra-modern décor and high ceilings for a loft-like feel. This architectural gem from the 1930s (formerly the France Telecom headquarters) plays on its unusual structure – glass and curves – and incorporates those details into wraparound bay windows and sun-drenched duplexes. The rooftop Prestige Suite features an outdoor jacuzzi and terraces with great views of nearby Les Invalides and the Eiffel Tower.
Le Cinq Codet – Location
Tucked away on a quiet street in the heart of Paris’ chic 7th arrondissement on the Left Bank, with many great restaurants and museums nearby – an easy walk to luxury shopping and many of Paris’ top attractions; just 5 minutes from Les Invalides and Rue Cler, and 15 minutes to the Eiffel Tower.
- Address: 5 Rue Louis Codet
- Nearest Metro: La Tour-Maubourg.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €60, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €65 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Le Cinq Codet – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Cribs are complimentary, and babysitting services can be booked through the concierge. No other special amenities are offered for children. (Here’s a list of my favorite kid-friendly Paris hotels.)
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Top floor suites have terraces with great views of the Eiffel Tower and the Invalides’ golden Napoleon Dome.
- Parking: Valet parking is available (in a nearby secured garage) for €40/day.
- Nice Perks: In-room Nespresso machines, complimentary bottled water. Free bike rental.
- When to Book: Book at least a month in advance, especially for high travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 53 85 15 60
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lecinqcodet.com
Le Cinq Codet – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The full service Sundari Spa features an outdoor jacuzzi, steam room, and double massage room, and offers massage, facial and body treatments, manicures and pedicures, waxing, and special treatment options for kids between 7 and 16 years of age. Open 7am to 10pm daily. The jacuzzi is open from 7am to 8pm daily, and children under 16 are not allowed – even accompanied by parents.
- Fitness Center: Small hotel gym with recumbent exercise bike, treadmills, elliptical trainer and weight bench. Open 7am to 10pm daily.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Prestige Suite has a private outdoor jacuzzi. Eiffel, Rodin, and Louis Codet Suites (all Superior Suites) can have indoor jacuzzis by request.
Le Cinq Codet – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Le Cinq Codet’s warm and modern Chiquette Restaurant offers vegetarian-friendly French/European cuisine for lunch, afternoon tea, happy hour, dinner, and Sunday Brunch. Live jazz music is featured on Saturday nights. Closed during August.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel’s contemporary-styled bar has lovely patio seating in the warmer months.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A la carte and buffet items are both available. The hotel’s “show kitchen” offers cooked-to-order pancake and egg options, pastries, cereals, fruit and juices. Served from 7-11am daily.
- Room Service:
Le Cinq Codet – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic • Superior • Duplex • Deluxe • Family • Junior Suite • Duplex Suite • Superior Suite • Prestige Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Le Cinq Codet is a non-smoking hotel.
- Best Room: The 83 sqm Dome Suite features a roomy lounge area and a private terrace with views of the Eiffel Tower and Dome of Les Invalides.
Le Cinq Codet – What’s Nearby?
- La Verriere – Bright, friendly, and casual vegetarian/vegan buffet.
- L’Auberge D’chez Eux – Classic casual French bistro with excellent food and a great wine list. Pricey, but worth it.
- Café du Marché – Sweet cafe with great people-watching on Rue Cler.
- Jujube Salon de Thé – Casual, pan-Asian restaurant and tea house. Lunch only.
- David Toutain – Innovative French cooking, elegant yet casual ambiance.
- Bellota-Bellota – Small tapas spot specializing in Iberian ham and other Spanish meats.
- Bombona – Great little trattoria serving pizza, pasta, and Tuscan wines.
- L’Ami Jean – Hearty Basque fare, casual and fun atmosphere.
- Café Constant – Traditional French bistro with food as good as at the heavy hitters, but at a much more reasonable price.
- L’Arpège – Elegant fine dining spot; seasonal menu centered around produce grown in the chef’s organic garden.
- Aux Ducs de Bourgogne – The best crepes and galettes in the 7th.
- Le Jules Verne – Michelin-starred French cuisine atop the Eiffel Tower.
- Les Ombres – Contemporary French fare at the Qaui Branly Museum – with maybe the best Eiffel Tower views in town. Excellent in the evening.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Gatsby – Fun and friendly spot with a Jazz Age vibe and excellent cocktails.
- Fitzgerald – Swanky and intimate speakeasy – find it through the padded doors in the back of the restaurant.
- O’Brien’s Irish Pub – Low key sports bar with a good beer and whiskey selection.
- Bar à Champagne – Champagne bar at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Cool Shops Nearby
- À la Mère de Famille – Chocolates and sweets, beautifully displayed and nicely packaged for souveniers.
- Duvelleroy – Luxury fan-maker since 1827; one of the only to have survived after World War II.
- Grégory Renard – Award-winning chocolates and macarons. (Try the chocolate sea-salt.)
- Le Bon Marché – Beautiful luxury department store – the oldest in Paris.
- Deyrolle – Famous taxidermy shop (from polar bears to butterflies) since the mid-19th century.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Carrefour City – Good selection of wines, beers, fruits & veg, dairy, breads, and pantry staples. Open 7am to 11:45pm Monday-Saturday.
- Rue Cler – Beautiful street market with flowers, produce, bakeries, cafes, and more.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Rue Cler
- École Militaire
- Musee de l’Armee des Invalides
- Esplanade des invalides
- Champ de Mars
- Rodin Museum
- Musée des Egouts de Paris
- Quai Branly Museum
- Eiffel Tower
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train