by Santorini Dave • Updated: March 29, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Club Med Bali – Luxurious and vast, offering all-inclusive packages ideal for families.
Part of the renowned international chain, this is the closest resort in Nusa Dua to Tanjung Benoa, thereby offering more cafés, shops, and water-sports facilities within walking distance. The welcoming lobby is traditionally designed, while rooms are lavish and well-appointed, offering garden views, walk-in closets, and modern décor. The Club Med is perfect for families: with four divisions according to ages, their Kids Clubs offer an extensive range of activities, along with a playground and children’s pool. The three pools are often crowded, while the glorious curved beach is virtually private, protected by a breakwater, and empty. With rates inclusive of all meals and most activities and entertainment, some guests rarely venture out during their entire holiday.
Club Med Bali – The Location
- Address: Northern part of the gated complex of 4 and 5-star resorts at Nusa Dua, a very popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- Area: Faces a superb beach within an area more spacious and tranquil compared to the rest of southern Bali. Almost on the invisible border between Nusa Dua and the neighboring region of Tanjung Benoa, with plenty of facilities nearby in both directions.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (13km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Facilities (including water-sports) at Tanjung Benoa peninsula.
Club Med Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Offers all-inclusive packages that overwhelmingly cater to families, especially from across Asia. Has some adults-only facilities also.
- Kids Club: Uniquely separated according to ages: 0-2 and 2-3 (both more-or-less babysitting), 4-10, and 11-17. Huge range of activities included in the rates, such as Balinese dance and art, Indonesian language and cooking, and heart-pumping flying trapeze. Healthy lunches and programs in ecological awareness add to the appeal.
- Beach: Lovely beach: curved, sheltered by a breakwater, and virtually private. Plenty of bright lounge chairs and cabanas.
- Views: Most rooms don’t provide sea views because they’re too far from the beach. Instead, almost all overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- Phone: 1800 285 263 (toll free)
- Email: Send a message through the website clubmed.asia
- Website: clubmed.asia
Club Med Bali – Amenities
- Pool: 3 pools, each with plenty of shade. The main one is very busy, the Zen Pool is for adults only, and another is set up for children.
- Spa: The Mandara Spa provides a magnificent setting along with a steam room, sauna, and plunge pool. (Treatments not included in the packaged rates.)
- Fitness Center: Large and fully-equipped.
- For Families: Playground. Kids Club and activities. Children’s Pool. Children’s menu/meals.
- Activities: Many offered for families, usually for free, including yoga/Pilates classes, water-sports, entertainment (e.g. music/dance shows), and sports (tennis, squash, and volleyball).
- Other Facilities: Medical Clinic. Boutiques. Minimart.
Club Med Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Meals (and some drinks) are part of the all-inclusive package and available at: The Agung – All-day buffets including special sections offering Indian, Japanese, and Chinese food. Lovely Balinese décor and garden views from the terrace. Special meals for children. • Le Batur – Al fresco or air-conditioned inside. Alongside the beach and pools. Casual meals during the day; more elegant and romantic at night. The attached bar offers an impressive wine list.
- Bars: The Kintamani – Chic garden setting for cocktails, views, and breezes. • The Beach Bar – Idyllic for drinks and snacks alongside the sea.
- Breakfast: All rates include 3 meals; breakfast can be eaten at the restaurant, or a continental breakfast can be served to the rooms.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Club Med Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Suites are larger and quieter, with more appealing décor.
- For Families: Many rooms and suites have connecting doors and are specially designed for families, often with a second bedroom especially for children. Most rooms/suites can fit an extra single bed, so 2 connecting rooms can accommodate up to 6 guests.
Club Med Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: It’s often a lot quicker – and certainly more scenic – to walk along the beachside path than the main road through Nusa Dua. This road is flat and comparatively quiet, so it’s ideal for cycling. Ask the reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes are confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). This is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Club Med Bali – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Rates are all-inclusive, with meals part of the package, so few guests venture out for food. There’s not much nearby anyway, except the Coblong Sari Beach Restaurant & Bar for pizzas and grilled seafood. Just north of the resort beach via the seaside path. 1-minute walk.
- Otherwise, the neighboring Sofitel resort, 100m south via the beachside path, offers several terrific options: Cucina (Italian food); Kwee Zeen (contemporary Chinese); and Toya Beach Bar & Grill (buffets and barbeques). 2-minute walk.
At the Bali Collection mall (via the shuttle bus), the choices are ample and include:
- Gourmet & Café – Lovely courtyard position at the main gate. For seafood, Balinese dishes, and regular live music. 5-minute drive (1.5km).
- Aglio Ristorante – Unique setting for Italian food, set-price lunches, and wood-fired pizzas. Helpful photo menu. 6-minute drive (1.6km).
- Prada Priority Restaurant, Nusa Dua – Hugely popular for the set-price lunches, shaded location, and happy hours. Opposite the giant chessboard. 6-minute drive (1.6km).
- There are a couple of minimarts north along the main road outside the gate to Nusa Dua, and the lane alongside the resort entrance is lined with stalls selling cheap souvenirs and clothes. Otherwise, get the shuttle bus from the resort to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant café/bars. 5-minute drive (1.5km).