Conrad Bali – Modern, luxurious, and prime location.
The Conrad features three massive wings – one of suites, the other two of rooms – in four and five-level buildings with an appealing brown-and-white design. All accommodations are ultra-modern and immensely comfortable, with superb views of the gardens and pools, while the suites are more likely to offer genuine ocean views. The gardens are extensive, with a beachside pool lined with swaying palms and another featuring a sandy ‘beach’. The private beach is wide and immaculately-groomed, and thatched umbrellas provide abundant shade. It also caters very well for families, with an excellent kids club and activities for the whole clan. Located along the southern part of the peninsula, plenty of shops, cafés, and water sports kiosks are within a short stroll, and Nusa Dua is only a quick shuttle bus ride away.
Conrad Bali – The Location
- Area: Faces the beach in the southern part of the peninsula, with plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- Address: Jalan Pratama 168, the main road through Tanjung Benoa, a quieter resort region along a peninsula in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (12 km, via the tollway), depending on traffic.
Conrad Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Has an upmarket packaged-tour vibe for families and older couples in the adults-only sections. Not really a party scene for the younger set.
- Kids Club: The supervised Kura Kura Kids’ Club offers a wide range of free and engaging activities, many focusing on Balinese culture.
- Beach: Broad and immaculately groomed, with large umbrellas providing abundant shade. Private, and distant from noisy jet-skis and boats.
- Views: All rooms offer lovely views. Most overlook the gardens and/or pools, while suites are angled to maximize possible sea views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Suites at ground level offer direct access to the main pool via their patios. Most villas feature private pools.
- Extras: Special lounge for guests who have late flights home or arrive before check-in time. Shuttle bus to Nusa Dua. Free laundry, afternoon tea, and cocktail hours for guests at the suites and villas.
- Wi-Fi: Free for guests who sign up for the hotel membership, which is free.
- Parking: A couple of spots at the reception area, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 778 788
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: conradbali.com
Conrad Bali – Amenities
- Pool: 4 pools. The main one facing the beach is shaped like a lagoon and delightfully tropical, with sandy ‘beaches’, abundant shady palms, and a shallow end for children. Another 2 are alongside the suite wing and lined with gorgeous gazebos. The fourth is adults-only.
- Spa: The Jiwa Spa and Baris Studio is world-class, fusing modern needs of westerners with traditional Balinese treatments, all in an exquisite tropical setting. Featuring a steam room, sauna, plunge pool, special area for children, and massage huts at the beach.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7, with all the latest gear. Also, yoga classes and jogging track.
- For Families: Excellent playground. Plenty of deals (e.g. free meals for kids under 12). Cots and other amenities for babies. Spa treatments for children. Children’s menu at the restaurants. Child-minding.
- Activities: Bike hire. Floodlit tennis courts. Ping pong. Beach football/volleyball. Yoga.
- Other Facilities: Tour desk. Water sports kiosk. Boutiques.
Conrad Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Eight Degrees South – Fine dining facing the beach. Specializing in seafood and Italian cuisine. • Suku – Buffet breakfast and a la carte meals all day. Upmarket versions of ‘street food’ from across Indonesia and Asia. • RIN – Classy setting inside or next to the pond. Japanese food, with several vegetarian options. • East – Breezy cocktail bar open all day. At the lobby, offering views of the sea and pools from the extensive balcony. • Azure Beach Club – Alongside the beach and main pool for drinks, salads, and pizzas.
- Breakfast: Usually included for suites and villas, but check when booking rooms.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Conrad Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Family • Deluxe Garden View • Deluxe Lagoon • Deluxe Oceanfront • Deluxe Resort View • Premier Deluxe Garden • Premier Deluxe Lagoon • Premier Deluxe Ocean • Premier Deluxe Resort • Conrad Ocean Suite • Conrad Pool Suite • Conrad Suite • Conrad Penthouse • Resort Ocean Suite • Premier Lagoon Suite • Premier Ocean Suite • Villas • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted in the rooms or public areas, but is allowed elsewhere.
- Best Room: Villas feature private pools and gardens, exquisite traditional design, and outdoor bathrooms. Very romantic.
- For Families: The Deluxe Family rooms have connecting doors, while suites can fit in 1 or 2 extra single beds.
Conrad Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet, and bicycles are available for hire at the resort.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There is no public transport in the area. To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are cheap and comfortable. Driving a car anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but cars can be rented from a few agencies along the main road, while motorbikes are not as easy to rent as they are elsewhere. For longer distances, hire a car with a driver through the hotel.
- Local Shuttle Buses: No shuttle bus company offers services to/from Tanjung Benoa, including the Kura-Kura Bus. About every hour during shopping time, a free shuttle bus (available to all) links major hotels in Tanjung Benoa with the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (see below).
Conrad Bali – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Heart of Bali – Attractive open-air but undercover setting. Extended menu includes wines and desserts. Virtually opposite the resort entrance.
- Pitanira Resto – Lovely corner position across the road from The Heart of Bali. Especially romantic at night.
- Queen’s of India – Sophisticated indoor and outdoor seating. Curries, rotis, and other appetizing dishes from the subcontinent.
- Warung Dedi – Antithesis of a resort bistro. Tiny and friendly, with simple Indonesian meals at prices for locals, not tourists. Just past Queen’s.
- Minimarts in both directions, but little else to excite shoppers. Take the free hourly shuttle bus from any resort in Tanjung Benoa to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant cafés.
- Tanjung Benoa is renowned as the epicenter for all sorts of activities on and above the water. Jet-skiing and parasailing, for example, can be arranged at the resort or at Tirta Harum, 400m south via the road or beach.