Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – Quiet, new, contemporary, functional, and terrific for families.
Facing a street with remarkably little traffic, yet in the city center, this hotel is fashionable, functional, and even a little funky. All rooms are pleasingly spacious and the marble bathrooms are a standout feature, and because the area is not built up (yet), street views are vast and fascinating. It offers all the usual facilities, including a substantial pool, but also others rarely seen, e.g. tennis court and games room. And with a playground, children’s pool, and special activities, this is one of very few hotels in Agra designed for families.
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – The Location
- Address: Along a quiet side-street in Taj Nagri, Phase II. About 500m from an intersection along Fatehabad Road, a major thoroughfare in downtown.
- Area: Faces a side-street which is typically dusty but unusually tranquil. A new area of condos, with little of interest in the immediate area, but walkable to a mall, McDonald’s, and some other eateries.
- How to Get There: About 3 km from the Taj Mahal via Taj East Gate Road, 8 km from the Agra Cantonment Railway Station, which has most services to/from Delhi and Jaipur, and 15 km from the new airport. All are accessible by taxi or auto-rickshaw.
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly tourists of all ages, including families, rather than business people.
- Kids Club: Overall, far better facilities for families than almost all hotels in Agra. The Fun Zone is a just a games room with snooker, ping pong, futsal, and video games, but the outdoor playground is large.
- Views: May be affected in the future by new condos, but at the moment views are of the streets, with the pool and/or gardens in the foreground.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected – or provided – at a hotel like this in Agra.
- Extras: Some rates offer free transfers to/from the railway station in Agra.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)562 245 7777
- Email: Send an email through their website.
- Website: marriott.com
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – Amenities
- Pool: Substantial, and dominates the back of the hotel grounds. Small area for children attached.
- Spa: The Tattva Spa is far larger than just about anywhere else in Agra. Full range of massages, scrubs, and facials offered.
- Fitness Center: State-of-the-art facilities and open 24/7.
- For Families: Large outdoor playground and the Fun Zone games room make this one of the finest hotels in Agra for families. Other activities include yoga, pottery, and traditional music. Also, a tennis court.
- Other Facilities: Business Center. Laundry.
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: MoMo Café – Buffets at breakfast and lunch, and a la carte all day. Casual setting but contemporary menu. • ANISE – Regal décor and lovely outdoor setting also. Live performances on most nights. Dinner only, and reservations required. • MoMo 2 Go – All-day deli and patisserie at the lobby. Tasty coffee, cakes, salads, and sandwiches.
- Bar: Onyx Bar – Sophisticated meeting spot for signature cocktails, imported wines, and liquors rarely found elsewhere. Finger food available.
- Breakfast: Included in most rates, but double-check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours. Even given a name: MoMo 2 You.
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Premium Rooms • Terrace Rooms • Junior Suites • Executive Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: All rooms are non-smoking. Check with management before lighting up anywhere else.
- Best Room: Executive Suites feature a separate and sizeable living area. On higher floors offering superior views.
- For Families: All types of rooms can accommodate an extra child, while some suites have connecting doors.
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Streets around the hotel are flat and quiet, although very dusty. Becomes less pleasant along the main road where there are a few facilities. Nowhere to rent bicycles in the immediate area, but some travel agencies and cafés do so along Taj East Gate Road, near the Oberoi hotel, 2.2km away.
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Taxis (unmetered) are hard to find because they’re rarely needed in this area. If required, arrange through the hotel reception, or book an Ola cab. Plenty of auto-rickshaws and a few cycle-rickshaws can be found along the street outside.
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- D’Delicia – Ground floor of an unfinished building on a corner 350m south of the hotel. Especially tasty food at pleasing prices, and a rare bar.
- Culinary Junction by Udupi – Odd location, above a car showroom by the intersection at the top of the street, 500m away. South Indian vegetarian cuisine in a surprisingly posh setting.
- Trident Agra – Delightfully elegant hotel facing the intersection at the top of the street, about 600m away. Buffets at lunch and a la carte all day.
- McDonald’s – In the TDI Mall, about 800m away. Turn left at the intersection at the top of the street. No beef or pork products.
- The Chocolate Room – Desperately trying to compete against McDonald’s next door. Quaint cafe offering tasty pasta, burgers, wraps, and other western food.
- The low-key and Indian-style TDI Mall is about 800m away along the main road; turn left at the intersection (10-minute walk). Bit forlorn with many empty shops, but a few decent places to spend some Rupees.
- The Taj Mahal is certainly Agra’s, and possibly India’s, number one attraction. The ticket office at the East Gate is only 10 minutes (3 km) by auto-rickshaw. Separate entries for men and women. Open from sunrise to sunset, but closed on Fridays.
- Agra Fort – The grand Red Fort (Lal Qila) symbolizes power and resilience. Partly occupied by the Indian Army, tourists can still see multiple mosques, palaces, and other structures inside this vast monument located close to the city center. Open from 6 am to 6 pm on all days. (6 km).
- Itimad-ud-Daula – Popularly thought of as the first draft of the Taj Mahal, and often known as “Baby Taj”. The tomb is the first marble structure built by the Mughals and features intricate lattice work. Open from sunrise to sunset. (9 km).
- Soor Sarovar Bird Sanctuary – A haven for several species of birds and a must-visit for wildlife photographers. Apart from birds, it also houses pythons and Wildlife SOS, the largest bear rescue center in India, as well as the only elephant hospital in the country. (27 km).
- Fatehpur Sikri – This majestic red sandstone fort is known for the Buland Darwaza, Jama Masjid, Tomb of Salim Chishti, Diwan-i-Aam, Diwani-i-Khas, and several other monuments on-site. Built in the 16th-century by Emperor Akbar to celebrate the birth of his son, Jahangir, in Sikri. Open daily from 6 am to 6 pm. Tickets can be bought online from various travel portals or at the fort entrance. (42 km).
Courtyard by Marriott, Agra – The Hotel
All Agra Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai