Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – Suburban oasis that’s spacious, sleek, and sophisticated.
The Crowne Plaza is in a pleasant but characteristically busy area between the airport and downtown. The bland, white, and square exterior belies the luxury within and style throughout: e.g. corridors and stairwells lined with old photos and colonial-style terraces with windows. All rooms and suites are expansive and comfortable, with many overlooking the pool, while others face the road (but all windows are perfectly soundproofed). Situated in the suburbs, the Crowne Plaza can offer more space throughout than downtown rivals, including numerous places to eat/drink, some gardens, and a tropical-style pool surrounded by natural shade and colorful sunbeds. The general area is also more interesting than most, and several pleasant eateries are within a brief stroll.
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – The Location
- Address: Corner of Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar (Chamiers) Road and the side street (TTK Road). The main vehicle entrance is along the side street. Inner southern suburbs, but not near any park.
- Nearest Metro: Teynampet and Nandanam metro stations are both about 1.5 km from the hotel.
- Area: Business district on the edge of an affluent residential area, so some classy shops and cafés are nearby.
- How to Get There: There are efficient pre-paid taxi counters at the domestic and international airports; the trip takes about 45 minutes (12 km). (Uber and Ola seem to be off-limits there.) The hotel is linked by metro to the airport, Central and Egmore train terminals, and CMBT (Koyambedu) bus station. See Local Transport below for more information.
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly business people of all nationalities, and also some tourists.
- Views: Not a tall building, but most rooms offer decent street views from soundproofed windows, while many look inwards and over the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected (or provided) at this sort of suburban business-style hotel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)44 2499 4101
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: ihg.com
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – Amenities
- Pool: Lovely outdoor pool, with plenty of sunbeds and natural shade from frangipani trees. Offers a sort of tropical-resort vibe.
- Spa: Amartam Spa provides better-than-average treatments, though mostly massages and facials. Also, a sauna and steam room.
- Fitness Center: Quite large and certainly well-equipped.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Boutique. Business Center. Money-changing. Laundry.
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: The Residency – Renowned for its extensive buffets at lunch and dinner. Also, a la carte menu that includes yummy desserts. • Cappuccino – More than just coffee, e.g. buffets at breakfast and lunch, and extensive a la carte menu including burgers and pizza. Colorful, relaxed, and open 24 hours. • Dakshin – Very stylish setting suitable for cuisine from southern India. Traditional live music nightly. • On The Rocks – Casual and twin-level café/bar/lounge famous for its grills and wine list. Dinner only. • Connexions – Bright and airy meeting spot with a patisserie.
- Bars: The Westminster – Charming English-style pub with leather couches and extended list of imported spirits. • Gatsby 2000 – Hip nightclub with thumping music and flashing lights.
- Breakfast: Not included, but available for an extra charge.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – Rooms
- Room Types: Club Rooms (King or Twin Beds) • Club King Suites • Deluxe Rooms (King or Twin Beds) • Superior Rooms (King, Double, or Twin Beds) • Junior Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in some rooms.
- Best Room: The Club King Suites provide extras like airport transfers and access to the Club Lounge with happy hours, as well as a higher floor for superior views.
- For Families: Most rooms and all suites can fit in an extra single bed each. Ask the management about other requirements because the hotel welcomes families.
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – Local Transport
- Walking: Faces a busy road which isn’t that pleasant for walking, but the side street (TTK Road) is shady and worthy of exploration.
- Public Transport: The metro offers services to both airport terminals, the major train and bus stations, and the city center. The nearest metro stations – Teynampet and Nandanam – are both about 1.5 km from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: The black-and-yellow taxis at the airport are nowhere to be seen in the city. Instead, they have been replaced by the app-based Uber and Ola. Plenty of auto-rickshaws around but the drivers won’t use meters, so they usually cost more than Uber or Ola.
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- About 300m west of the hotel (away from the junction) is a corner with a prominent Starbucks.
- On the way, and sharing the same building as each other, are a Subway and Fries Station, a delightful but tiny café serving western and Indian food at very low prices.
- About 50m up the side-street from Starbucks, Tryst Gourmet is an adorable café, patisserie, and supermarket.
Another 200m past Starbucks is a major corner with a flyover. In a cluster about 100m apart are:
- Café Coffee Day – One in a countrywide chain of reliable cafés selling drinks and light meals. (700m).
- Ambrosia Café & Bakery – Delicious baked items. The attached cafe is known for its Korean fare. (700m).
- Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant – Award-winning cuisine and authentic décor at pleasing prices. (750m).
- Ikkakas Restaurant +01 (0)44 4860 1818 – Specializes in cuisine from the neighboring state of Kerala. Comfortable seating, friendly staff, and cheap prices. (750m).
- A few shops along the side street, virtually opposite the main vehicle entrance to the hotel. Opposite the hotel, and along the main road, the Amma Naana supermarket sells tasty food items rarely seen elsewhere in the city. (200m).
Crowne Plaza Adyar Park – The Hotel
All Chennai Hotel Reviews
- Ambassador Pallava
- Avenue 11 Boutique Residences
- Courtyard by Marriott
- E Hotel
- Grand Chennai
- Hyatt Regency
- La Woods Hotel
- Novotel Chamiers Road
- Radisson Blu City Centre
- Raintree, Anna Salai
- Residency Towers
- Taj Club House
- Taj Connemara
- The Residency
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai