by Santorini Dave • Updated: May 15, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – Ultra-modern and faultless position, but lacks a little warmth and charm.
Incorporating the former name of the access street to Seminyak Beach, this resort exudes opulence and features a stone, glass, and wood design that’s almost futuristic rather than just chic. The luxurious suites in modern buildings feature funky furnishings and ocean views, while those at ground level feature patios leading to the magnificent infinity pool. The resort overlooks a public beach, which is grey and very close to endless fashionable cafés and shops along the street and beachside path.
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – The Location
- Address: At the end of Jalan Arjuna street along the far southern edge of Seminyak, a more sophisticated tourist region in southern Bali.
- Area: Facing the beach and seaside path at the end of a dead-end street. On the invisible border between Seminyak and Legian, with plenty of facilities along the street, and even more cafés and bars along the beachside path in both directions.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 30 minutes (11km), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Abundant facilities in Seminyak and Legian.
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – The Basics
- Guests: Overwhelmingly caters to couples (or small groups), and most are under 40. Not interested in families.
- Beach: Faces the beach and path separating the resort from the sand. The beach is typically greyish, and less appealing than at Kuta. And the waves are also rough in places, so swim between the flags.
- Views: Many suites provide sea views, especially on the 4th and 5th floors, while those at ground-level face the pool. Mid-level suites miss out on pool access and will probably not have sea views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Deluxe Suites Plunge Pool feature tiny pools, and the Penthouse has a jacuzzi.
- Extras: 24-hour butler service. Free laundry.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Surprisingly, enough parking spaces, but book ahead. However, think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 730 466
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: double-six.com
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – Amenities
- Pool: Large and inviting, with ultra-modern design. Faces the sea and dominates the front of the resort, so lacks privacy from people walking along the beachside path.
- Spa: The amazing Acqua Perla Spa fuses modern methods with traditional treatments. With steam room, yoga/Pilates classes, ‘recovery lounge’, and special treatments for children.
- Fitness Center: Part of the spa complex, with all the equipment needed, as well as sea views.
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Seminyak Italian Food – Opens early for breakfast, with all-day dining until midnight. World-class cuisine, imported wines, and children’s menu. • The Plantation Grill Seminyak – Extraordinarily swish, featuring a 1920’s décor, including floor-to-ceiling mirrors and leather lounges. Only open in the evenings for lobster, grilled steak, and cocktails. Up the spiral staircase, the trendy Sling Bar is where the hip crowd sips on martinis and champagne. • Rooftop Sunset Bar – Unbeatable position for sunsets, views, and cocktails. Also, live music, chic seating, and food until late. • Lagoon Bar – Facing the street and pool for people-watching, homemade gelato, and snacks all day.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available all day and night. A more personalized butler service also available 24/7.
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – Rooms
- Room Types: Leisure Suites • Deluxe Suites Ocean View • 2-Bedroom Leisure Suites • Deluxe Suites Plunge Pool • Premium Suites Pool Access Ocean View • 2-Bedroom Deluxe Suites Ocean View • Penthouse (1 only)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The 1-only Penthouse spreads across 2 floors with an area 6 times larger than the average suite. With 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, and a jacuzzi on the extensive terrace. Personal butler available 24/7.
- For Families: Some suites have connecting doors, but the resort is not really set up for families.
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Seminyak and Legian have to offer. Cycling around the main roads of Seminyak is increasingly problematic given the traffic, but pleasant along the backstreets and further south on the beachside path. Ask the reception about bike rentals.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Seminyak with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Drivers hang about the streets, but it’s better to organize this through the resort. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a few agencies offer rentals. Motorbikes are easy to arrange at local agencies and useful for getting around Seminyak/Legian – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some may pick up guests from their hotel, but services for the main island-wide operator, Perama, only leave from its office in Kuta.
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Cocoon Beach Club – Next door, with a constant thumping noise that resonates throughout the resort. Poolside wining and dining all day. 1-minute walk (110m).
- Warung Murah Double Six (0)361 732 082 – Worth the 400m amble up Jalan Arjuna street. Variety of Indonesian food that’s fresh, tasty, and murah (cheap). 5-minute walk.
- Chez Gado Gado – One of Seminyak’s finest, with a classy setting, live music, sophisticated menu, and inviting decor. A delightful 500m stroll north along the beachside path. 6-minute walk.
- Also, within 150m south along the beachside path are several low-key but very inviting café/bars with tables and beanbags spread across the sand for sunsets, cocktails, and live music. These include Capil Beach Bar, Grill & Resto, a little classier than the rest (10m, 1-minute walk); the Sand Bar & Restaurant, which is so colorful and shady (35m, 1-minute walk); and the funky and friendly Blue 9 Beach Restaurant & Bar (100m, 1-minute walk).
- There are plenty of minimarts and classy boutiques along the main street. For a more varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop, grab a taxi (2.5km, longer by car) to the quaint Seminyak Square (25-minute drive) for bistros, bakeries, and bookshops, or to the world-class Beachwalk shopping center in Kuta about 2.5km away via the beachside path (26-minute drive).