Home > Elanza Hotel Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: October 9, 2019
The Elanza Hotel – Functional, roomy, and affordable mid-priced option.
Without the high rates charged by hotels along the more fashionable M.G. and St. Mark’s roads, the recently-renovated Elanza still offers quality mid-range facilities. Considerably better than the outside might suggest, there is no pool or spa, but the fitness center is a pleasing extra, and the ground-floor café/bar is excellent. Rooms are spacious and feature a contemporary design, including swirling art as well as old-style polished floorboards. It does face a road with incessant traffic, but rooms are soundproofed well, and the hotel is just a few minutes by auto-rickshaw from the classy bars, bistros, and boutiques around St. Mark’s Road and at the world-class UB City mall.
The Elanza Hotel – The Location
- Address: 88/2 Richmond (General KS Thimayya) Road in Richmond Town. About 500m east of Richmond Circle, a major junction.
- Area: Busy inner-city location facing the main road, which has a few facilities.
- How to Get There: From the airport (37km, 1-hour drive), take a metered taxi; arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below); or take the comfortable (blue) express bus number 7, which operates 24 hours. These buses stop at Richmond Circle, about 500m from the hotel (7-minute walk). About 5km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station (20-minute drive).
The Elanza Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly Indian business people on weekdays and tourists on weekends, but foreigners are welcome, of course.
- Views: Rooms at the front and back offer decent (and soundproofed) street views, while those to the sides are quieter but overlook an adjoining building.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected (or provided) at this sort of mid-range inner-city hotel.
- Wi-Fi: Available free for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 2223 3666
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: theelanzahotels.com
The Elanza Hotel – Amenities
- Pool & Spa: Not expected or provided.
- Fitness Center: Surprisingly, there is one, and it’s quite impressive considering the small size of the hotel. Given the trendy name of [email protected].
- Other Facilities: Travel advice. Laundry. Money-changing. Business services.
The Elanza Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: On the ground floor, café@elanza provides buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a la carte meals all day. Reasonably classy, well-priced, and excellent service. Beer and wine available.
- Breakfast: Not included, but available for a small extra charge and worth paying for.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 10 pm.
The Elanza Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms • Superior Rooms (also called Suites)
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in some rooms, so ask the management when booking.
- Best Room: Superior Rooms are larger and more likely to offer some distance from the main road (but all rooms are well soundproofed anyway).
- For Families: One extra single bed can be organized without fuss for all rooms.
The Elanza Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: Nice enough for strolling around the backstreets, but the traffic along the main road is relentless.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. (Ambitious plans to connect the airport have stalled indefinitely.) The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 2.5km from the hotel (15-minute drive).
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Almost no taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
The Elanza Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- In Wok – Intimate tables and good-value Chinese food, but dinner only. Along a quiet side street just around the corner, 80m east. 1-minute walk.
- Café Coffee Day – One in a countrywide chain of cafés serving drinks and light meals. Popular corner-side hangout 100m west towards the roundabout at Richmond Circle. 1-minute walk.
- Café Mor’ish +91 (0)80 4302 1963 – French-style bistro offering pasta, burgers, pizzas, and other western delights. All-day breakfasts are hearty. Upstairs seating available. About 200m east. 3-minute walk.
- The Pride Hotel – Offers Café Treat (delightful setting, friendly staff, and all-day buffets), Fuel (chic and colorful bar/bistro), and Puran Da Dhaba (new and funky for Indian cuisine). 300m west towards Richmond Circle. 3-minute walk.
- Adarsh Hamilton – In this business-style hotel, the Season restaurant offers buffet lunch and a la carte meals all day. Bar attached with extensive wine list. Look for signs just past The Pride Hotel. 6-minute walk (450m).
The Elanza Hotel – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Adarsh Hamilton – Review
- Casa Cottage – Review
- The Chancery Pavilion – Review
- Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Review
- ITC Gardenia – Review
- jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Review
- JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Review
- Laika Boutique Stay – Review
- Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Review
- The Oberoi, Bengaluru – Review
- Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Review
- St. Mark’s Hotel – Review
- Taj MG Road – Review
- Taj West End – Review