by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 13, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – Ultra-modern, with emphasis on room luxuries rather than lush gardens.
Bordering on futuristic in design, this gigantic resort has more concrete than lawns, but some swaying palms do provide limited tropical ambiance. All suites feature walk-in closets, massive bathrooms with free-standing tubs, and enclosed balconies. The secluded villas contain up to three bedrooms, and some feature a spa, steam room, and private pool. The main infinity pool is raised, offering superb views of the curved beach which is partitioned from jet-skis. And the younger ones would relish the waterslide, playground, and kids club with its many activities. The resort is where the mid-section of Sanur, along with its abundant shops and cafés, blends into the tranquil southern part, so it doesn’t feel as isolated as neighboring rivals.
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – The Location
- Address: Jalan Kusuma Sari street, a dead-end access lane to the beach. The resort entrance is about 150m from the main road (Jalan Danau Tamblingan) through Sanur, a comparatively relaxed region in southern Bali.
- Area: Faces the beach in the quieter southern part of Sanur, with enough facilities in all directions.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (14km), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Speedboats to Nusa Lembongan island and the Gili Islands. Golf course.
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all, from large families to couples on honeymoon.
- Kids Club: Better than expected, but mostly indoors. Waterslide, playground, mini-cinema, and plenty of activities.
- Beach: Faces a scenic, curved bay which is sheltered by a breakwater, so the water is shallow and calm. Dedicated swimming area, distant from jet-skis.
- Views: Rooms overlook gardens, while some villas offer distant sea views. Presidential Beachfront Villas provide direct beach access and unobstructed sea views.
- Kitchen: Some villas feature well-equipped kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Signature Spa Suites feature spas and steam rooms. Each villa has a private pool.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus service throughout Sanur. Bicycle rental.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking within the grounds, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 3011 888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: fairmont.com
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – Amenities
- Pool: The main infinity pool is 50m long and elevated for superb sea views. Other smaller pools are more popular among adults.
- Spa: Simply named, The Spa features a fetching tropical setting and treatments guaranteed to revitalize the body and mind.
- Fitness Center: Good size and well-equipped.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Activities: Better variety of more engaging activities than most resorts, including cooking classes and yoga lessons.
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Layang Layang – Specializes in cuisine from all over Indonesia and Southeast Asia. • Nyala Beach Club & Grill – Beside the pool and sea, for light meals during the day. Transforms into an elegant and romantic restaurant at night. • Lobby Lounge – Suitably named for views of the pool, sea, and gardens.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but this depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available all day and night, with butler service also possible 24/7.
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Fairmont Suites • Deluxe Suites • Signature Spa Suites • Pool Villas (with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms) • Presidential Beachfront Villas
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted in the rooms or public areas, but is OK anywhere else in the resort.
- Best Room: The Presidential Beachfront Villas are as exquisite as imagined: massive, with 2 bedrooms, private pool, steam room, sublime views, and direct beach access.
- For Families: Some villas have 2 or 3 bedrooms and well-equipped kitchens. Deluxe Suites are spacious enough for 1 or 2 extra single beds and feature 2 TVs.
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than most places in southern Bali. With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is also popular, and bikes can be rented for free at the resort. Walking and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches over 6km, almost the entire length of Sanur.
- Public Transport: Sanur is unique within southern Bali as local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) ply the main street, but won’t go further north than the golf course. Fares are set, but invariably inflated for tourists.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Motorbikes are also easy to rent and useful for getting around Sanur – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. Taxis are plentiful, cheap, and comfortable, and the best way to go anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. This can be arranged at any travel agency or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any town outside of southern Bali and one that is popular with tourists (e.g. Ubud), buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, but services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its inconvenient office on Jalan Hang Tuah on the other side of the golf course in northern Sanur (4km, 15-minute drive). The Kura-Kura Bus company links Sanur with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Plenty of warungs (food stalls) are within 300m south along the beachside path. These 3 excellent choices are along the beachside path.
- Mermaid Bay Restaurant – Extended seating along the sand. All sorts of fresh food with organic ingredients, ice-cream, and home-baked delights. 1-minute walk (70m south).
- The Nest – Cozy and popular retreat for healthy food, coffee, and conversations. Attached to the namesake spa. 1-minute walk (110m).
- Izakaya – Another gorgeous seaside setting. Tables almost on the sand, and some of Sanur’s finest Indonesian food. Just past The Nest. 2-minute walk (180m).
Also, along the main street are:
- Jet-skiing and parasailing, among other fun activities, can be arranged at counters along the beach nearby, but the choice is better at Tanjung Benoa. 35-minute drive (21km).