by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 25, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – Functional and convenient mid-priced family option.
Located in the heart of Tuban (also called South Kuta), this modest hotel is only a short stroll from two malls, the Waterbom waterpark, and Tuban beach, and barely 1km from downtown Kuta. Rooms, all in motel-style blocks well away from the busy road, are simple but certainly comfortable, with a wide veranda/balcony. The large pool at the front features elephant spouts and welcome shade from frangipani bushes, while another smaller one is set further back from the road. Considerably more affordable than most in the region, Febri’s caters well for families, with rooms for up to 5, a (tiny) playground, a (large) pool, and an ideal location.
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – The Location
- Address: Along Jalan Kartika Plaza, the main road through Tuban, commonly known as South Kuta. Kuta itself, the most popular area on Bali, is about 1km north (13-minute walk).
- Area: Endless facilities up and down the main road, and about 300m from the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 8 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Facilities at Kuta. Waterbom waterpark. Discovery Mall. Lippo Mall.
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all, especially families seeking midrange rates and a midtown location.
- Beach: The hotel is on the other side of the main road from the beach, which is open to the public and about 300m away. Cut through one of the beachside resorts, such as the Bali Dynasty or Anvaya.
- Views: All rooms face the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of midrange hotel.
- Parking: No parking available, and think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- Wi-Fi: Available throughout the hotel, but check whether it’s free in the rooms when booking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 754 575
- Email: [email protected]ali.com
- Website: febrishotelspabali.com
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly, 2 pools. The main one is noisier but shadier, with an elegant layout. A smaller one at the back is quieter.
- Spa: Large and impressive, offering treatments in dedicated rooms or in private massage huts called ‘spa cottages’.
- Fitness Center: None.
- For Families: Tiny playground. Outsourced child-minding services.
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Facing the main road, with some tables further back, the open-air Febri’s Restaurant & Bar is likeable. Huge selection, hearty serves, and live music nightly.
- Breakfast: Included free for all guests but double-check if booking the Quad or Quintet Rooms.
- Room Service: Limited service available during restaurant hours of about 7 am to 8.30 pm.
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms • Superior Rooms • Family Rooms • Quad Rooms • Quintet Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms but permitted on the verandas/balconies and elsewhere.
- Best Room: The more spacious Superior Rooms are in a quieter part of the hotel.
- For Families: Quietly located at the back of the hotel, the Quad Rooms accommodate 4 people while the Quintet and Family Rooms can fit in 5. Standard Rooms can covert the sofa into a single bed, and many have connecting doors.
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Tuban and Kuta have to offer.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Tuban and Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Tuban/Kuta/Legian but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, offers many services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta. (10-minute drive).
Febri’s Hotel & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant – One in a chain of popular eateries offering crispy duck in a shady (but inevitably noisy) outdoor setting, but also quieter inside tables. Less than 150m south. 2-minute walk.
- On the ground floor of Lippo Mall (about 300m south of the hotel, 3-minute walk) are:
- Bali Fish Market – For all things seafood. Choose from tanks or ice trays. 4-minute walk.
- Kafe Batan Waru – Popular and elegant, serving unique versions of traditional Indonesian cuisine. Plenty of vegetarian options. 4-minute walk.
- Ganesha ek Sanskriti Indian Restaurant – Classy and authentic with chefs from India. Seating inside and out. 4-minute walk.
- Among many options at Discovery Mall (500m north) are Segara Asian Grill and Oceans 27 Beach Club (0)361 765 027. 6-minute walk.