Club Oceanus – Riverside, budget-priced, and very appealing.
Low-key and low-priced, this resort is alongside a river almost hidden from the main road. The overall vibe is appealing, with colonial-style whitewashed walls and an extended brown-tiled patio with wooden chairs. All rooms are in a row facing the lawns, palms, and river, and very similar inside: surprisingly spacious, with tiled floors and plenty of windows. The only difference is the number of beds – one, two, or three – so they are ideal for groups or families. One room also contains a kitchenette, while those closer to the main road would get slight traffic noise. Bonuses are the pool, dive center offering boat trips from the private wharf, and breezy café.
Club Oceanus – The Basics
- Location: Just back from the crossroads at 1 Atoll Place, along the western end of Pacific Harbour and midway along the southern coast of the main island of Viti Levu. About 50 minutes by bus (quicker by car/taxi) from Suva, and another 30 minutes from the international airport at Nausori.
- Guests: Primarily for those on a budget and perhaps, for anyone more keen about spending money on adventure than accommodation.
- Beach: The beach is about 500m away via the main road; ask staff about a short cut. Otherwise, use the public beach in front of the Pearl Resort, next door.
- Views: All rooms face the lush lawns, with the river barely 50m away.
- WiFi: Free for all guests, but only available at the lobby; not in the rooms.
- Parking: Plenty of parking available for free at the lobby.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 726 6666
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: No website, but has a Facebook page.
Club Oceanus – Amenities
- Pool: A decent size. Surrounded by grass and facing the river.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this small budget-range resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Club Oceanus – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Brizo’s is a cheerful outdoor café (with a bar and a pool table indoor) facing the lawns and river. The menu is limited but should satisfy most guests.
- Breakfast: A fully cooked breakfast is included and served at the pleasant riverside café.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Club Oceanus – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Room • Deluxe Room
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed inside the rooms, but is permitted on the patios and in the gardens.
- Best Room: One room has a carpet and a kitchenette, otherwise, most are almost identical.
Club Oceanus – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
At The Pearl Resort next door, there are 3 worthwhile options:
- Riviera Restaurant & Bar – Casual but chic, with river views. Themed dinner buffets with a Fijian flavor and live music most nights.
- The Deli – Ocean views, welcome breeze, and happy hours. Salads, sandwiches, coffees, and juices.
- Seduce – Romantic and atmospheric. Seafood specialties with Fijian influences and an extensive wine list. Dinner only.
- The Establishment – Just across from the access road to the hotel. Relaxed and sophisticated areas for pizzas, seafood, and barbecues. Also, a beer garden, themed nights, live music, and drink specials.
- Otherwise, walk about 1 km to the cluster of delightful cafés and shops in the Arts Village facing the lily pond, including: Oasis Restaurant (for coffee, burgers, and pizzas), Baka Blues Café (barbecues, Cajun food, and live music nightly), and Water’s Edge (with a spacious deck and permanent specials, including delicious curries).
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A couple of minimarts are at the junction along the main road, about 200m from the hotel entrance, but better facilities are at the Arts Village.
- Just a 2-minute stroll to the main road along which buses head to Suva and Nadi every hour or so. A few taxis ply the main road; best ordered from the hotel.
Club Oceanus – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa