The Crow’s Nest Resort – Unpretentious, spacious, lovely setting, and not too isolated.
In this unassuming but very comfortable midrange resort, the Premium Villas up a steep hill are separated but packed tightly together. Inside, they’re roomy and well-appointed, with window-side sofas, high ceilings, and modern Fijian art. The balconies are sizable and the sea views are decent, although distant. The semi-detached and split-level Executive Villas are not as grand as the name suggests, but perfect for groups or families, with bedding for four and kitchenettes. Guests can admire the sea views from the pool up the hill or from lounge chairs under thatched umbrellas just steps from the ocean. The area has an adorable out-of-the-way feel, though there are a few decent restaurants within a short stroll, and it’s connected by regular bus to the tidy regional town of Sigatoka.
The Crow’s Nest Resort – The Basics
- Location: Along the southern coast of the main island, Viti Levu, in what’s called the Sunset Strip along the Coral Coast. About 75 km from Nadi and the airport, and 6 km from Sigatoka, a pleasant regional center.
- Guests: Caters to everyone, but probably more suitable for younger groups. Also, great for families.
- Beach: The entrance is 30m from a public beach with water calm enough for snorkeling and kayaking. Ideal for long walks, too. A far better (public) beach with white sand is at the Outrigger Resort, 600m to the east via the beach.
- Views: Villas up the hill have distant sea views. Those at ground level face the lawn but most views of the ocean are blocked by trees and fences.
- WiFi: Free at the lobby but not available in the rooms, even for a cost.
- Parking: There are several spots near the lobby and a few more a little up the hill, but probably not enough. Otherwise, park along the street outside. All parking is free.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 650 0230
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: crowsnestresortfiji.com
The Crow’s Nest Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is a good size, near the restaurant, and offers great sea views.
- Spa: Offers massages and manicures, including for children.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in a resort of this standard.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
The Crow’s Nest Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Quarter Deck Restaurant is alongside the pool, with good-value meals, including traditional Fijian food, curries, lobster, and duck. Happy hours, weekly buffets, and a kids menu.
- Breakfast: Included in the rates and served at the poolside restaurant.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours, i.e. about 7 am to 9 pm.
The Crow’s Nest Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Executive Villa • Deluxe Villa • Premium Villa
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms or public area, but okay elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Premium Villas are very comfortable and spacious, with uninterrupted sea views from the balcony, but access is via a steep path. (A buggy can be arranged at the lobby.)
The Crow’s Nest Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Among several classy and pricey restaurants in the Outrigger Resort, about 600m east and 8-minute walk via the beach, are:
- Vale Ni Kana – Dinner buffets with a different daily theme, e.g. Fijian, Mexican, and Italian. Also buffet breakfast for the public.
- Sundowner Bar & Grill – Beachside with wonderful views. Meals with imported meat and local seafood. Also, wood-fired pizzas.
- Ivi Restaurant – Award-winning. For dinner only. More for couples than families. Bookings essential and a dress code applies.
- Ocean Terrace Restaurant – At the Bedarra Beach Inn, 300m down the road. Delicious and reasonably-priced seafood, curries, pastas, and pizzas. Romantic at night, with occasional live music.
- Sitar – At the roundabout about 300m up the road. Classy Indian and Thai. Popular beer garden in front.
- Flying Fin Restaurant n’ Bar Fiji – Virtually opposite the Sitar. Drinks, burgers, and seafood on a deck within a family home.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Market or Grocery: Plenty of facilities, including a produce market, at the tidy regional center of Sigatoka, 10-15 minutes by local bus or taxi.
- A 5-minute walk to the bus stop along the main road for services every hour or so to Suva and Nadi. More regular buses pass the hotel entrance on the way to the regional town of Sigatoka. Or ask the reception to order a taxi with a meter.
The Crow’s Nest Resort – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa