SD › Fiji › Hotels › Fiji Gateway Review
Updated: December 8, 2020
Fiji Gateway Hotel – Spacious and comfy with fabulous facilities.
Recently refurbished, this hotel is a pleasant surprise. From the welcoming lobby, covered terraces lead to two-level gray-brown blocks distant from the main road. The Executive Rooms have separate sofas (that convert to extra single beds), plenty of luggage space, some Fijian art, and large windows that add to the feeling of space and light. The Deluxe Rooms are spacious enough for two double beds and are ideal for families. The main pool is substantial, surrounded by grass, and features a decent water slide. A second, smaller pool is by the lobby. Other attractions are the floodlit tennis court, pool tables, and, of course, proximity to the airport, which is easily within walking distance, although rooms are rarely affected by plane noise.
Fiji Gateway Hotel – The Basics
(Formerly the Raffles Gateway Hotel.)
- Location: At the far end of Queens Road, the main thoroughfare through Nadi, on the main island of Viti Levu. Opposite to (and within walking distance of) Nadi Airport and 9 km from the town center.
- Guests: Caters well to couples, families, and anyone on leisure or business. And, given the proximity to the airport, it’s particularly good for those waiting for flights.
- Beach: The nearest beach is at Wailoaloa, accessible by bus along Queens Road – possibly with a connection at the junction (with traffic lights) leading to the beach. The beach is gray and gritty, with debris washed ashore at high tide, but the general area is popular for walks, views, and sunsets, and there’s a tropical holiday vibe along the main drag in Wailoaloa that’s absent elsewhere in Nadi.
- Views: All rooms overlook the substantial gardens and lawns.
- WiFi: Free and unlimited at the bar, lobby, and restaurants area. Small charge for use in the rooms.
- Parking: Enough secure and free parking at the entrance.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary shuttle bus to/from the airport.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 673 4755
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: fijigateway.com
Fiji Gateway Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: There are 2 pools. The one at the lobby is usually empty because guests can’t dive, jump, or make noise, and there’s no privacy. The main pool is large, surrounded by grass, and has a water slide.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: A small gym overlooks the main pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this midrange family resort.
- Activities: Flood-lit tennis court.
Fiji Gateway Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Palm Court Restaurant – At the lobby alongside the smaller pool. Undercover and open-air with Fijian décor. Specialties include kokoda grilled fish and spicy curries. All-day dining. • Cafe – Classier, with a street entrance and stylish décor.
- Bar: The usual assortment of drinks as well as light meals. Also, a pool table. Open until midnight.
- Breakfast: Is often included, but depends on the type of booking. Otherwise, costs extra and worth paying for.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Fiji Gateway Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Executive Room • Pool View Deluxe Room • Deluxe Family Room • Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Permitted outside the rooms.
- Best Room: The Suites are magnificent, with huge bedrooms, wooden décor (so much nicer than most hotels), separate living areas (with overly-chic furniture), and corner bars.
- For families: Plenty of options available for families to share the same room, and children under 16 stay free when sharing the room with parents.
Fiji Gateway Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The choice of places within walking distance is limited to cheap eateries at the airport across the road and the restaurant at the neighboring Tokatoka Resort, which is fairly similar to the Gateway.
- It’s worth taking a taxi or bus down Queens Road to the major shopping center with the RB Patel Jetpoint supermarket and try: Wishbone & Pizza King, more than just another takeaway, with Chinese food and a bar and Raju’s Khana Khazana for excellent Indian food, especially the set-priced meals.
- Otherwise, at the traffic lights about 200m towards Nadi from the shopping center are 3 places on a corner: Sitar (tasty Indian and Thai food and a beer garden), Hai Yang Restaurant (Chinese banquets and takeaway, including live seafood), and Burger King (no description needed).
Nearby Market or Grocery
- There are overpriced minimarts at the airport directly across the road, or get a taxi or bus to the huge RB Patel Jetpoint supermarket (see above).
- Plenty of buses and minibuses head down Queens Road to the center of Nadi. Can easily walk to/from the airport.
Fiji Gateway Hotel – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter