Gecko’s Resort – Modest, serviceable, accessible, and affordable, with few guests.
Directly opposite the entrance to the opulent Shangri-La Resort, Gecko’s can hold its head high among midrange options. The décor and facilities are similar to a motel, with spacious and clean rooms that face the garden and are distant from the main road. Bonuses are the Boutique and Handicrafts store onsite with bicycle rental (and flat roads in both directions), as well as a decent pool and small playground. The resort is also part of the Kalevua Cultural Centre.
Gecko’s Resort – The Basics
- Location: Along the Coral Coast on the southwestern edge of the main island, Viti Levu. About 60 km from Nadi and the airport, and 11 km to the pleasant regional center of Sigatoka.
- Guests: Most likely to be those on a budget, especially if traveling by car.
- Beach: The nearest beach is 1 km away at the Shangri-La Resort opposite. The public is entitled to enter the resort to eat there and no one will stop non-guests from using the beach. Otherwise, catch a bus (30 minutes) to Sunset Strip, via Sigatoka, and get off at the Outrigger Resort.
- Views: Of the garden between the rooms.
- WiFi: Available free in the lobby and restaurant/bar area, but there’s a surcharge in the rooms.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking at the entrance.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 652 0200
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: geckosresort.com
Gecko’s Resort – Amenities
- Pool: An adequate size and with so few guests, it’s quiet. Sail cloth provides shade.
- Spa: The spa offers a selection of massages and treaments.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of modest hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Gecko’s Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: A humble café offers well-priced meals alongside the pool. Also Fire & Dance shows on weekends. The bar is inviting and has a pool table.
- Breakfast: Included in some rates, depending on how the room is booked.
- Room Service: No room service.
Gecko’s Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Unit
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, but permitted in the gardens.
- Best Room: All rooms are the same inside. Each can sleep 3 on a Queen and a single bed. Ask for a quieter room in a corner of the block. Some Studio Units can be combined to sleep up to 6 guests.
Gecko’s Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Across the road, and about 1 km along the causeway, the Shangri-La Resort has 6 places to eat, where meals are delicious but prices high. These include:
- Takali Terrace – Seaside, buffet dinners, evening entertainment, and congenial bar.
- Beach Bar & Grill – Stunning setting for steaks, pizza, and Fijian food.
- Golden Cowrie Restaurant & Lounge – Classy and seaside, specializing in Italian cuisine.
- Connect Café – At the start of the causeway to the Shangri-La. Modest layout and affordable burgers, pizzas, and wraps.
- Otherwise, catch a bus or taxi to Sigatoka, with a range of simple cafés and takeaway shops.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A well-stocked general store is on-site and another is in the Shangri-La Resort, 1 km away. Otherwise, head to Sigatoka.
- Intercity buses between Suva and Nadi pass by every hour or so. More regular local buses (and unmetered taxis) head to Sigatoka, 11 km away.
Gecko’s Resort – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa