SD › Fiji › Hotels › Grand West Villas Review
Updated: December 9, 2020
Grand West Villas – First-rate Fiji-style resort for families, serene and isolated.
On a substantial block along the road into Wailoaloa Beach, all accommodations are in attractive olive and mustard-colored two-level blocks facing the gardens. More like apartments than villas, each contains two bedrooms, a simple living/dining area, corner kitchen, and an extra bathroom. Adding to the appeal are the large balconies/patios, subtle Fijian-style décor, and big windows providing more light. There’s a small playground and inviting pool with a shady tropical feel and modest water slide, as well as a tennis court. The resort backs onto the runway, so the ground shakes when an occasional jet arrives. It’s a few minutes on foot to the beach and a little further to the main drag of eateries at Wailoaloa.
Grand West Villas – The Basics
- Location: Along Newtown Road, the road into Wailoaloa Beach, on the main island of Viti Levu. Less than a 10-minute walk to the facilities at Wailoaloa. About 7 km from the airport and 5 km to downtown Nadi.
- Guests: Caters for everyone but focuses on families, with perhaps more of an emphasis on Fijian guests than foreign.
- Beach: Wailoaloa Beach is within a 10-minute walk, but the sand is grey, with plenty of debris lying about. But it’s a great area for walks, sunsets and views.
- Views: All accommodation overlook the gardens, and the windows at the back face additional gardens or undeveloped land.
- WiFi: Available free to all guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Huge block with plenty of parking, often outside the rooms.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 672 4833
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: hexagonfiji.com
Grand West Villas – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is a very good size, away from most rooms, and shady. Also has a waterslide.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at a family-focused resort of this standard.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Grand West Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: A modest restaurant serves breakfast and light lunches.
- Breakfast: Not included because all rooms have kitchens, but breakfast is available at a cost in the café.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided in this sort of resort.
Grand West Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: All accommodations are twin-level apartments with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking is allowed in any room, but is permitted everywhere else (except the restaurant).
- Best Room: All accommodations are similar. The ones at the back, away from the road, are quietest.
Grand West Villas – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Awesome Grill – Welcoming place at the crossroads into Wailoaloa strip, 300m away. Alfresco setting for burgers, pastas, and salads. Bring your own booze.
- Ghostship Bar & Grill – Surprisingly classy décor and modern cuisine. At Smugglers Cove Beach Resort along Wailoaloa Beach, 700m away.
- Grace Kitchen – In the shopping center opposite the Awesome Grill. It’s Korean, so it’s mostly noodles, rice, and dumplings.
- Otherwise, get a taxi or bus or walk 20 minutes to the traffic lights at the corner on Queens Road for Sitar (tasty Indian and Thai), Hai Yang Restaurant (Chinese banquets and takeaway), and Burger King (no description needed).
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A well-stocked mini-market is at the tiny shopping center at the junction into Wailoaloa Beach, opposite Awesome Grill.
- Public buses and mini-buses pass the hotel on the way to Wailoaloa beach and downtown Nadi every 15-30 minutes, via the shops and cafés on Queens Road.
Grand West Villas – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter