Updated: July 2, 2018
Grand West’s Villas – First-rate Fiji-style resort for families, but a bit noisy and isolated.
On a substantial block along the road into Wailoaloa Beach, all accommodation is in attractive olive- and mustard-coloured 2-level blocks facing the gardens. More like apartments than villas, each contains 2 bedrooms, a simple lounge/dining area, corner kitchen, and an extra bathroom. Adding to the appeal are the sizeable balcony/veranda, subtle Fijian-style décor and back windows providing more light. There’s a small playground and inviting pool with a shady tropical feel and modest water slide, but the tennis court needs some serious attention. Also, the resort backs onto the runway so the ground shakes when an occasional jet arrives. It’s about 7 minutes on foot to the beach and a little further to the main drag of eateries at Wailoaloa.
Grand West’s Villas – The Basics
- Location: Along Newtown Road, the road into Wailoaloa Beach, on the main island of Viti Levu. Less than a 10-minute walk to the facilities at Wailoaloa. About 7km from the airport and 5km to downtown Nadi.
- Guests: Caters for anyone, but focuses on families, with perhaps more of an emphasis on Fijian guests than foreign.
- Beach: Wailoaloa Beach is within a 10-minute walk, but the sand is grey, with plenty of debris lying about. But it’s a great area for walks, sunsets and views.
- Views: All accommodation overlooks internal gardens, and the back windows face additional gardens or undeveloped land.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Available free to all guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Huge block with plenty of parking, often outside the rooms.
- Phone: (679) 672 4833
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.hexagonfiji.com/grand_wests.htm
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Grand West’s Villas – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is a very good size, away from most rooms, and shady. Also, has a waterslide.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at a family-focussed resort of this standard.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Grand West’s Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: A modest restaurant serves breakfast and light lunches.
- Breakfast: Not included because all rooms have a kitchen, but breakfast is available at a cost in the café.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided in this sort of resort.
Grand West’s Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: All accommodation is twin-level apartments with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking is allowed in any room, but permitted anywhere else (except the restaurant).
- Best Room: All accommodation is the same. The ones at the back, away from the road, are quietest.
Grand West’s Villas – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Awesome Grill – welcoming place at the crossroads into Wailoaloa strip, 300m away. Alfresco setting for burgers, pastas and salads. Bring your own booze. 4-minute walk.
- Ghostship Bar & Grill – surprisingly classy décor and modern cuisine. At Smugglers Cove Resort along Wailoaloa Beach, 700m away. 8-minute walk.
- Grace Kitchen – in the shopping centre opposite the Awesome Grill. It’s Korean, so it’s mostly noodles, rice and dumplings. 4-minute drive.
- Otherwise, get a taxi or bus, or walk 20 minutes, to the traffic lights at the corner on Queens Road for Sitar (tasty Indian and Thai); Hai Ying Restaurant (Chinese banquets and takeaway); and Burger King (no description needed).
- Market or Grocery: A well-stocked mini-market is at the tiny shopping centre at the junction into Wailoaloa Beach, opposite the Awesome Grill.
Public buses and minibuses pass the hotel on the way to Wailoaloa beach and downtown Nadi every 15-30 minutes, via the shops and cafés on Queens Road.
Grand West’s Villas – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Aquarius on the Beach – Review
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji – Review
- Club Fiji Resort – Review
- Club Oceanus – Review
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel – Review
- Gecko’s Resort – Review
- Grand Pacific Hotel – Review
- Holiday Inn Suva – Review
- Hotel Oasis – Review
- Mercure Nadi – Review
- Oasis Palms Hotel – Review
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Review
- Quest Suva – Review
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island – Review
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji – Review
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Review
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Review
- Sheraton Fiji Resort – Review
- Sheraton Denarau Villas – Review
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort – Review
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Review
- The Crow’s Nest Resort – Review
- The Pearl Resort – Review
- Tokatoka Resort Nadi – Review
- Tropic of Capricorn and Bamboo Tropic – Review
- Uprising Beach Resort – Review
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort – Review
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Review