Hotel Oasis – Tranquil, friendly, cozy, and convenient budget option.
Turn off the frantic Queens Road into the leafy dead-end street, where the likable suburban charm continues at the friendly reception. Among the tidy gardens with miniature palms and blooming bougainvillea are modern two-level blocks. Rooms are unfussy, with decent-sized balconies/patios, simple kitchenettes, and space for extra single beds. The pool is petite but appealing, with a splash area to delight the toddlers. One advantage – other than the serenity – is the excellent range of places to eat, drink, and shop along Queens Road nearby, including a mall with a cinema, nightclub, and row of cafés. Another is that with seemingly zero promotion, and no signage along the main road, you may have the hotel to yourself.
Hotel Oasis – The Basics
- Location: 1 Ragg Street, in an area known as Martintar (or New Town), on the main island of Viti Levu. About 200m from Queens Road, which connects downtown Nadi with the airport. Turn off between the Hexagon and Mercure hotels. It’s about 3 km to Wailoaloa beach and 5 km to the airport.
- Guests: Caters to all, especially those on a budget, including small families.
- Beach: Not in a beach area, but Wailoaloa Beach (3 km away) is easily accessible by bus or taxi. Although a tourist hotspot, the beach is gray and often strewn with debris after high tide. It is, however, ideal for walks, views, and sunsets.
- Views: All rooms face the charming gardens.
- Parking: Plenty of free space on the premises.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 672 2044
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hoteloasisfiji.com
Hotel Oasis – Amenities
- Pool: Cute and inviting, with a little waterfall and splash area for the young ones. In the middle of the gardens.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this modest family resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hotel Oasis – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: There is nowhere to eat or drink on the grounds, but excellent options are a few minutes away on foot (see below).
- Breakfast: With no restaurant, breakfast is not available.
- Room Service: No room service.
Hotel Oasis – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard and Deluxe Rooms.
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed inside the rooms or in public areas, but is permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: All rooms are pretty much the same inside, so the best are on the second (highest) floor.
Hotel Oasis – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
About 500m away, at the corner of Queens Road and the road leading to Wailoaloa Beach, are several options:
- Daikoku – Stylish, renowned Fiji-wide eatery with a range of Japanese delights.
- Sitar – Classy Indian and Thai, with a beer garden.
- Burger King – Burgers and fries.
- Hai Yang Restaurant – Chinese banquets and takeaway, with live seafood.
- Otherwise, at the shopping center with the RB Patel Jetpoint supermarket, 100m along Queens Road towards Nadi from the turn-off to Ragg Street, several cafés offer tasty choices, including Raju’s Khana Khazana for excellent Indian cuisine.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- RB Patel Jetpoint – Huge supermarket in a shopping center, about 100m down Queens Road (towards Nadi) from the turn-off at Ragg Street.
- Buses travel along Queens Road every few minutes between central Nadi and Lautoka town, via the airport entrance. From the traffic lights, other buses and minibuses also head to Wailoaloa Beach.
Hotel Oasis – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa