SD › Fiji › Hotels › Mercure Nadi Review
Updated: December 9, 2020
Mercure Nadi – Convenient, functional, and ideal for business and transits.
The overwhelming selling point is the position: halfway between downtown Nadi and the airport, and easily accessible by bus to both. It is also adjacent to a mall with a cinema, supermarket, nightclub, and an assortment of excellent cafés. Being part of an international chain, the rooms are smart and practical. All rooms are colorful and spacious and feature balconies/patios overlooking the pool and surprisingly substantial gardens. Added attractions are the buffet breakfast and free airport transfers. A solid option for business people.
Mercure Nadi – The Basics
- Location: In an area known as Martintar (or New Town), a suburb of Nadi, on the main island of Viti Levu. About halfway along Queens Road, the main thoroughfare that connects central Nadi (4 km) with the airport (5 km).
- Guests: Caters mostly to business people and anyone looking for somewhere close to the airport between flights.
- Beach: Not in a beach area, but Wailoaloa (3 km) is easily accessible by bus or taxi. Although a tourist hotspot, the beach is gray and often strewn with debris after high tide. It is, however, ideal for walks, views, and sunsets.
- Views: All rooms look inwards, overlooking the gardens and pool.
- WiFi: Free in the lobby/bar/restaurant area, but costs within the rooms.
- Parking: Enough parking near the lobby. Free and secure.
- Nice Perks: Free airport transfers.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 672 2255
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: all.accor.com
Mercure Nadi – Amenities
- Pool: The pool is decent enough, with a tropical feel and separate area for toddlers. It’s surrounded by a wooden deck and sand.
- Spa: The Tiare Spa offers the usual array of treatments in a small area.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Mercure Nadi – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Rokete Bar & Restaurant in the lobby provides all-day dining – primarily for guests who don’t know there is so much better on offer within walking distance (see below). Open from 6 am.
- Breakfast: Included in some rates, but not all. Available from 6 am. Don’t book/pay for breakfast with an early flight.
- Room Service: Available from 10.30 am to 11 pm.
Mercure Nadi – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard • Superior • Deluxe
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms or public areas. Okay elsewhere.
- Best Room: Rooms are very similar inside, with identical décor and similar size. The Deluxe Room King Bed offers slightly more space and potentially better garden views from the balconies.
Mercure Nadi – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Bounty Restaurant & Bar – A 3-level club/bar/restaurant with happy hours and live music. Popular for free WiFi. About 200m up Queens Road, towards the airport.
- Raju’s Khana Khazana – Excellent Indian food, with good-value set-priced meals. One of many excellent cafés in a shopping mall, 200m down Queens Road towards Nadi.
- Wishbone & Pizza King – Also at the shopping center. Much more than another takeaway, with Chinese food and a bar.
- Pan World – Popular Chinese restaurant on the other side of Queens Road from the hotel entrance.
- Sitar – A classy eatery and bar serving Indian and Thai at the corner with traffic lights, about 200m down Queens Road towards Nadi.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Only 200m down the road (towards Nadi) is a shopping center, with the large RB Patel Jetpoint supermarket.
- Buses career along Queens Road every few minutes between downtown Nadi and Lautoka town, via the airport entrance. From the traffic lights (about 200m down Queens Road towards Nadi), other buses and minibuses head to Wailoaloa Beach.
Mercure Nadi – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter